PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

sgould907055814
01-18-2004, 12:50 PM
As I read through alot of the questions on Riven I see that alot of these people have already played exile before riven. It makes me wonder why they skiped over riven, since riven is the sequel to mist. It is like reading the first part of a book and then reading the end and going back to the middle last.

sgould907055814
01-18-2004, 12:50 PM
As I read through alot of the questions on Riven I see that alot of these people have already played exile before riven. It makes me wonder why they skiped over riven, since riven is the sequel to mist. It is like reading the first part of a book and then reading the end and going back to the middle last.

PrincessXenobia
01-18-2004, 01:00 PM
I think a lot of people played Exile first because they saw it for sale somewhere. The they realize that it's the third game and go out and get another one. Although if it were me, and I had played Exile first, I would get Myst next, THEN Riven.

Andrick
01-18-2004, 04:51 PM
I bought the 10th anniversary edition. Played Myst, couldn't load Riven so I skipped it and went on to Exile - then back to Riven. Actually - I think if I'd played Riven after Myst - I might never have gone on to Exile. I am finding Riven extremely frustrating.

PrincessXenobia
01-18-2004, 05:00 PM
And you're not alone there! I remember needing a LOT of help to finish Riven. And that was before there was a website!

mystmum
01-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Riven is a much bigger concept than either Myst or Exile. You're not just solving puzzles. You are figuring out how a civilisation works, so you need to be more observant. Everything does SOMETHING, but no necessarily where you can immediately see it.

__________________________________________________ _________
Stop laughing, this is serious.

hadleigh
01-21-2004, 04:33 PM
I played MYST first a few years ago, after borrowing it from a freind, who also had Riven but gave up after a few weeks because he could'nt get anywhere with it, then last Christmas the wife got me Exile which got me back into these games again, I then borrowed Riven from said relation.

But compared to Myst and Riven (which is by far the hardest) Exile was a doddle.

Onwards and upwards.