PDA

View Full Version : i know why the parry chenges don't come next week

Pinklander_Matt
11-08-2017, 10:51 PM
cause they want attract more new players, so they put the final part of fight sys,near 25 dec. Guys they have all: parry sys changes, rework of kensei and conq, and buff of highlander....they want earn more money by attract new players in that date, but cause of that...we live for another mounths with turtle meta kensei conqureror with low moveset and super bugged highlander...thnks UBI...belive me guys

CandleInTheDark
11-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Or...they want to make sure they get it right since it was the most polarising issue of the PTR.

Besides, I thought you left for star wars battlefront 2, you announced it and everything :rolleyes:

Knight_Raime
11-09-2017, 10:01 AM
That literally makes no sense. Games been out long enough that the only people who will not know what they are getting into by buying the game are kids who are too young to even play but their parents/grand parents wana pick them up a cheap game for the holidays.

Pinklander_Matt
11-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Or...they want to make sure they get it right since it was the most polarising issue of the PTR.

Besides, I thought you left for star wars battlefront 2, you announced it and everything :rolleyes:

money problem, i prefer wait a little to buy star wars...maybe balck friday XD

Pinklander_Matt
11-09-2017, 10:14 AM
That literally makes no sense. Games been out long enough that the only people who will not know what they are getting into by buying the game are kids who are too young to even play but their parents/grand parents wana pick them up a cheap game for the holidays.

hahaha you think there aren't young boys in this game? XD there are many 13ages i saw with my eyes XD

guor6800
11-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Or...they want to make sure they get it right since it was the most polarising issue of the PTR

Alongside connectivity ,parry- defence meta is the most polarizing issue of the community since February.

Their answer to this was a champion that will end this meta at the face of cent in season 2 and we all know how well that went.

I mean how much more "soon" responses we will get for something that is fcked up since launch?

Pinklander_Matt
11-09-2017, 10:38 AM

btw...you are a stalker dude.....c'mon!!! have something better to do instead of spy the profiles XD?

Pinklander_Matt
11-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Alongside connectivity ,parry- defence meta is the most polarizing issue of the community since February.

Their answer to this was a champion that will end this meta at the face of cent in season 2 and we all know how well that went.

I mean how much more "soon" responses we will get for something that is fcked up since launch?
nice man!!!...give that question to DEvs: how much you need to fix that defensive meta( pls don't answer Soon)?
the answer will be: soon will remove the Soon... XD

CandleInTheDark
11-09-2017, 11:05 AM

And they put in a change to parry in the PTR along with the other stuff they are implementing a while back, the proposed changes were to make light parry and heavy have the same reward, to make it so that parry did not guarantee a guard break, to increase stamina drain from parry, to make it so that a parry baited early enough could not become a block on completely missing and that people could not parry while out of stamina or parry an opponent in revenge mode.

The feedback of the community was that they must have a higher reward for light parry which the devs are looking at but don't want to make a free guardbreak or heavy, people complained that the stamina hit would make the centurion worse and they complained that taking away the ability to parry took away their parry bait opportunities.

So what the devs are left with from their feedback is that somehow they need to make light parry more rewarding than heavy parry but no one even likes their plans for heavy parry.So yes this is something that is going to take more time to decide on than something that got positive feedback across the board.

ChampionRuby50g
11-09-2017, 12:28 PM
A while back been July, if I'm not mistaken. That's when the PTR with the parry changes went live, and the feedback came in.
Now in my opinion, 3 months is a very long time to decide how to fix parry, considering how much feedback has come in to these forums on a weekly basis. Must be countless board meetings to debate these changes.
I would be more ok with it if there was some more communication in regards to where they are currently with them, because no news on how close we are to seeing these changes when this problem has been around since a few weeks into Season 1 when players started to find their feet.

I respect the fact that this can't happen overnight, or in a week, and that the feedback was originally against what the devs had planned. I get that this would take longer to fix, but 3 months down the track with nothing but soon to go on isn't respectful to us IMO. These changes shouldn't be taking this long to implement, or at least let us know a time frame or the progression.
A week to decide new changes, alert the community, get first wave feedback on it, potentially tweak a few things and then roll out a PTR in the next week and a bit. Not implement a PTR, then 3 months later leave everyone in the same boat.

On reddit they seemed to believe in August that the devs said it would be ready by season 4. Clearly that isn't the case.

berserker7331
11-09-2017, 12:53 PM
cause they want attract more new players, so they put the final part of fight sys,near 25 dec. Guys they have all: parry sys changes, rework of kensei and conq, and buff of highlander....they want earn more money by attract new players in that date, but cause of that...we live for another mounths with turtle meta kensei conqureror with low moveset and super bugged highlander...thnks UBI...belive me guys

I believe that was me, swbf2 is not out until 14th.

CandleInTheDark
11-09-2017, 01:08 PM
A while back been July, if I'm not mistaken. That's when the PTR with the parry changes went live, and the feedback came in.
Now in my opinion, 3 months is a very long time to decide how to fix parry, considering how much feedback has come in to these forums on a weekly basis. Must be countless board meetings to debate these changes.
I would be more ok with it if there was some more communication in regards to where they are currently with them, because no news on how close we are to seeing these changes when this problem has been around since a few weeks into Season 1 when players started to find their feet.

I respect the fact that this can't happen overnight, or in a week, and that the feedback was originally against what the devs had planned. I get that this would take longer to fix, but 3 months down the track with nothing but soon to go on isn't respectful to us IMO. These changes shouldn't be taking this long to implement, or at least let us know a time frame or the progression.
A week to decide new changes, alert the community, get first wave feedback on it, potentially tweak a few things and then roll out a PTR in the next week and a bit. Not implement a PTR, then 3 months later leave everyone in the same boat.

On reddit they seemed to believe in August that the devs said it would be ready by season 4. Clearly that isn't the case.

And if you look at the PTR stuff,most of it is either in or going in on Tuesday and they have said hopefully this season they address parry. Here is the thing though, the PC community sent them back to square zero. We don't like the parry reward for heavy, you are further away on light and the bit that benefits us most, that rewards us for better stamina management or surviving to revenge, we don't want, so they are starting from scratch pretty much.

And oh at the same time people are demanding why hasn't this character been nerfed or where is my buff, despite the fact the devs did buff that character and said ok so changing numbers won't do it, we need to get the motion capture team going.I read someone saying how dare they buff the shinobi when they haven't buffed orochi after the devs have flat out said we are on it but it is going to be a lengthier process because the tools we have currently, that we have already delivered a buff using, don't work.

Then add in that likely the same team is working on the lag compensation stuff and in effect they have three different groups of people saying we want this now.

vgrimr_J
11-09-2017, 02:12 PM
just dont screw us console players over. we can actually attack here.

Netcode_err_404
11-10-2017, 02:23 AM
I would like to know when they plan to fix this ****ing game, almost a year and still full of ******ed things that needs a change

Oupyz
11-10-2017, 11:21 AM
the fixed unlock tech and the zone flicker , well it took a lot of time but they did something good , the game was really released very very early considering how much stuff needs to change or to be fixed

Netcode_err_404
11-10-2017, 05:28 PM
the fixed unlock tech and the zone flicker , well it took a lot of time but they did something good , the game was really released very very early considering how much stuff needs to change or to be fixed

Actually no. As far as I can tell there are still some unlock exploits. Im not sure how to do them tho.

FBIStealth
11-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Because they dont wanna break more things for the free weekend. They want the new bugs to happen after the new players have already purchased the game. That simple. New things create new bugs and they have enough bugs to keep them busy for years.

Wanna know how hard they are working on this game....Check out last weeks Warriors Den in the tournament segment and watch the background. Ya they were working really hard behind him....lmao There was a group of girls that walked by chit chatting...One guy was at his desk. He must be the Dedicated Server guy. Lmao. I bet most of it is already done. Even the content for S5. They are just milking it.

When you build anything you have a complete schedule and build layout. You dont plan to build half the house now and then plan the other half later. You plan the whole build out and make changes as you go.

Jansen5
11-10-2017, 06:14 PM
I still like the timing they have on parries, it requires at least some attention to get it right. I am hoping they change it based on class...due to some fighters being faster or slower. Who knows, we shall see later on

Jarl.Felix
11-10-2017, 09:06 PM
The way they hyped the game is the way they keep it alive.

They promise SO MANY THINGS and then they go along with "ETA unknow, but we work sooooooo hard and we'll inform you as soon as we make it !"

I really thought you got the style after countless of copy/paste posts...

Howard_T_J
11-10-2017, 10:04 PM
If they took the HUD away from everyone. Parry would fix itself. CGB would fix itself. These queues are like the developer holding a spoon full of baby food making airplane noises for people who need the help because they can't pick up on situational awareness or character's movements.

Knight_Raime
11-11-2017, 06:07 AM
hahaha you think there aren't young boys in this game? XD there are many 13ages i saw with my eyes XD

...if they already own the game then your whole beginning post doesn't make sense.
Anyway I didn't say there wasn't any. I was trying to put it politely that your idea is rubbish.

Parry changes are not in because they had to head back to the drawing board. They already had an idea. The community tested it and wasn't satisfied with light parries being the same reward as heavies. (I personally was in favor of this) much debate on the forums happened about what the better reward should be after the devs said they were going to do more work on it.
Considering the polarizing feedback on the situation it only makes sense that they haven't added in the changes yet.

But keep to your tinfoil hat man. It's working wonders for you.

Pinklander_Matt
11-11-2017, 09:52 AM
...if they already own the game then your whole beginning post doesn't make sense.

Parry changes are not in because they had to head back to the drawing board. They already had an idea. The community tested it and wasn't satisfied with light parries being the same reward as heavies. (I personally was in favor of this) much debate on the forums happened about what the better reward should be after the devs said they were going to do more work on it.
Considering the polarizing feedback on the situation it only makes sense that they haven't added in the changes yet.

parry light problem was only console problems, and many says that in console parry light is possibile.
in PC, parry a light is just a free heavy that ruin the game, cause all turtling now, i too am forced to use parry with highlander cause is the only good way to start the mind game with OF.
i personal think, that parry light should be just a light punish and stamina drain based on the speed of the attacks, heavy is easy to parry but at least you can feint, so is right an just that the punish is a GB cause this are strong attacks...
i don't understand that "fear" of light attacks

Knight_Raime
11-11-2017, 11:44 AM
parry light problem was only console problems, and many says that in console parry light is possibile.
in PC, parry a light is just a free heavy that ruin the game, cause all turtling now, i too am forced to use parry with highlander cause is the only good way to start the mind game with OF.
i personal think, that parry light should be just a light punish and stamina drain based on the speed of the attacks, heavy is easy to parry but at least you can feint, so is right an just that the punish is a GB cause this are strong attacks...
i don't understand that "fear" of light attacks

"parry light problem was only console problems.." Did you actually mean "console struggles to parry lights?" because the second part of this seems to indicate that.
If so I don't see why this was brought up. Parry is being changed because at high levels of play it is too powerful and heavily supports the turtling defensive meta.
Even if turtling is truly only a "huge" problem on pc balancing should be done from top down. Which is why these changes are being implemented.

I personally believed that if you parried a heavy or a light you had the same punishes available. And that parrying a light simply made you more of a threat by way of being able to parry more things. So you wouldn't be more powerful in a direct manner. Which isn't what people wanted. So I eventually agreed with allowing parrying a light to take more stamina away than parrying a heavy does.

Regardless none of this has anything to do with what you quoted from me. My point was the developers months back had their solution to the parrying problem among other things. If the community had agreed with their proposed solution we can speculate accurately that the parry changes would indeed be dropping with these other changes at the start of season 4. But because the community didn't agree with their fix and the community couldn't come up with a unified specific solution to it the devs were forced to go back to the drawing board on how to address the parry mechanic. With the only thing they can go off of being "we want parrying a light to be more rewarding than parrying a heavy." While also keeping in mind that the point of changing the parries was so you couldn't pull massive damage anymore.

So again. Your "reason" why the parry changes are not dropping at the start of season 4 makes no sense. Is baseless. And in general is just another cheap shot at the devs that really isn't needed. We've beaten this horse to death and then some. People either need to continue to give constructive feedback to the devs or they just need to shut their mouths and leave. Being overly negative or making jabs at them isn't helpful. If we were trying to get the devs to understand that things were broken...if we NEEDED to get their attention then maybe.,,,maybe. But the devs have heard loud and clear.

They've been attempting to fix the game to the "communities" specifications pretty much since the beginning of the games launch. You don't have to like how long it's taking. You don't have to like how they are or are not doing something. But you don't have the right to treat them this way. It's immature and disgusting.