PDA

View Full Version : Nice work on Shinobi buff. Love seeing infinite dodges cancels and kicks

Burn-The-Sinner
11-07-2017, 10:51 PM
For that, the ******ed software you wrote with infinite errors, all the other ********, I hope your **** company defaults and you all lose your jobs. You deserve nothing better!

SammyCannon
11-07-2017, 11:27 PM
Is he going to get buffed!?

Inconsistent73
11-08-2017, 01:46 AM
Shinobi is mediocre. If you're having trouble with him it's because you're not very good in general, or that specific player was better than you.

He is arguably the worst assassin, being the only one that doesn't have a real Dodge attack. Guard break his dodges and Dodge his kicks.

If you were going to complain about something, it should be kick 50/50 that is virtually unpunishable against half the roster, but you probably don't even know what I mean by that.

ChampionRuby50g
11-08-2017, 02:26 AM
Shinobi is mediocre. If you're having trouble with him it's because you're not very good in general, or that specific player was better than you.

He is arguably the worst assassin, being the only one that doesn't have a real Dodge attack. Guard break his dodges and Dodge his kicks.

If you were going to complain about something, it should be kick 50/50 that is virtually unpunishable against half the roster, but you probably don't even know what I mean by that.

Shinobi arguably the worst assassin? Even after his most recent buff, when a vast
Majority of the community think it was a little over the top? Sorry, but that simply isn't true when the Orochi still relies on two moves and the Beserker struggles with no opening moves.

Inconsistent73
11-08-2017, 02:44 AM
Shinobi is the assassin most reliant on Dodge, and yet his Dodge is the most vulnerable to guard breaks. His ranged attacks are worthless unless your opponent whiffs. This translates to him being inexcusably weak in close quarters and his only reliable tool from range is the kick, which isn't hard to dodge. His ONLY redeemable qualities are the fact that his kick is -almost- unpunishable by half the cast, and his light attacks are A1.

He is not a strong character.

Moondyne_MC
11-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Shinobi arguably the worst assassin? Even after his most recent buff, when a vast
Majority of the community think it was a little over the top? Sorry, but that simply isn't true when the Orochi still relies on two moves and the Beserker struggles with no opening moves.

I've always been confused about "Berserker has no opener", is heavy>feint>light not a viable opener? What do PK or Orochi have as an opener that Berserker doesn't? They've all got more or less equal dodge/dash attacks, fast lights, and no bash attacks.

ChampionRuby50g
11-08-2017, 08:12 AM
I've always been confused about "Berserker has no opener", is heavy>feint>light not a viable opener? What do PK or Orochi have as an opener that Berserker doesn't? They've all got more or less equal dodge/dash attacks, fast lights, and no bash attacks.

If you come across as a turtle, or a defensive based hero with a player who I good at defence the heavy>feint>light will still blocked and so on.
There's nothing Beserker can really do to bait an effective turtle out.
At least, that's what I believe ts meant when people say he has nothing to open a fight up, I may be wrong.

ChampionRuby50g
11-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Shinobi is the assassin most reliant on Dodge, and yet his Dodge is the most vulnerable to guard breaks. His ranged attacks are worthless unless your opponent whiffs. This translates to him being inexcusably weak in close quarters and his only reliable tool from range is the kick, which isn't hard to dodge. His ONLY redeemable qualities are the fact that his kick is -almost- unpunishable by half the cast, and his light attacks are A1.

He is not a strong character.

Which good Shinobi double dodges or dodges in GB range? Range attacks are not great in 1v1 situations, but then incredibly strong in outnumbered situations when Shinobi has back up.
He has less health than other Assassins, but only by 10. Add that with Been the most agile and the ability to control the entire fight, decide when and where to fight makes him strong.

Inconsistent73
11-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Which good Shinobi double dodges or dodges in GB range? Range attacks are not great in 1v1 situations, but then incredibly strong in outnumbered situations when Shinobi has back up.
He has less health than other Assassins, but only by 10. Add that with Been the most agile and the ability to control the entire fight, decide when and where to fight makes him strong.

You're making my point for me. He's the ONLY assassin that is robbed of the option to dodge attack in GB range because his dodge attack doesnt go through gbs like EVERY other dodge attack in the game. This means that in close quarters his only options are to be aggressive, rely on his sub par block/health to defend, or make a risky dodge to reposition himself.

He has LITERALLY the weakest defenses in the game in close quarters, and his only reward for earning proper positioning is a kick thats only good against the characters that cant punish it, because the rest of his ranged kit is worthless if your opponent is awake.

how efficiently he can gangrape people that arent targeting him in groupfights isnt relevant to how viable he is as a character imho. and his ability to dodge around and control the pace of the fight isnt any more useful than the peacekeepers ability to dash at sprint speed. His backflips are even countered by valk and glad.

His only redeemable qualities are kick and light attacks, and they absolutely do not justify or compensate for his weaknesses.

I have a rep 12 shinobi that i stopped playing a long time ago because i realized he would never be buffed back up enough to justify using an assassin that cant dodge attack. And its a god damned shame because i really like the concept of the character but ubisoft cant make him good again without bad players whining about how kicks are unfair. ive made peace with that though and i just wish you guys would put this energy towards the characters that are actually overpowered like glad and cent.

TL;DR - If you think the shinobi is remotely OP, your opinion is bad, youre bad, and you should feel bad.

Tyrjo
11-08-2017, 12:27 PM

It's posts like this which make your credibility go down the drain. I also makes it quite apparent that you main Shinobi.

Shinobi is up there with Gladiator in terms of tiers right now.

ChampionRuby50g
11-08-2017, 03:00 PM
You're making my point for me. He's the ONLY assassin that is robbed of the option to dodge attack in GB range because his dodge attack doesnt go through gbs like EVERY other dodge attack in the game. This means that in close quarters his only options are to be aggressive, rely on his sub par block/health to defend, or make a risky dodge to reposition himself.

He has LITERALLY the weakest defenses in the game in close quarters, and his only reward for earning proper positioning is a kick thats only good against the characters that cant punish it, because the rest of his ranged kit is worthless if your opponent is awake.

how efficiently he can gangrape people that arent targeting him in groupfights isnt relevant to how viable he is as a character imho. and his ability to dodge around and control the pace of the fight isnt any more useful than the peacekeepers ability to dash at sprint speed. His backflips are even countered by valk and glad.

His only redeemable qualities are kick and light attacks, and they absolutely do not justify or compensate for his weaknesses.

I have a rep 12 shinobi that i stopped playing a long time ago because i realized he would never be buffed back up enough to justify using an assassin that cant dodge attack. And its a god damned shame because i really like the concept of the character but ubisoft cant make him good again without bad players whining about how kicks are unfair. ive made peace with that though and i just wish you guys would put this energy towards the characters that are actually overpowered like glad and cent.

TL;DR - If you think the shinobi is remotely OP, your opinion is bad, youre bad, and you should feel bad.

He's also the only character in the game who can safely GB you from a distance with an off screen indicator at times in the middle of attacks and pull you in, bleed you and allow his teammates to hit you. So I would argue that is relevant to how strong he is. In close quarters his lights are 500ms, and with time snap gone that is quicker on consoles. It'll hit the other hero before they can attack, so shinobis mostly just have to worry about turtles who dodge and block/parry, but then even half the cast can't punish them.

In an open field the Shinobi can easily dash away and run off and that's the end of it, no one else will catch them. Yes the heavys are easy to parry, but the good Shinobis know when to use them.

I don't see that many Valks these days, and of course there are heros that counter some moves, just like Conq counters LB or Cent. Are you implying that he shouldn't be punished on backflip by these two heros?

You have the same health as Cent, 10 less than a solid portion of the cast, and still think Cent is over powered? Mustn't be a very good Shinobi for rep 12.

But, I didn't come to argue if the Shinobi is OP or not. I never mentioned if I thought Shino was, I said a lot of the community thinks it's a LITTLE over the top and could be dialed back a little. I was trying to say he wasn't the worse Assassin, but somehow this gave you the impression I'm a bad player.

Inconsistent73
11-08-2017, 07:22 PM
He's also the only character in the game who can safely GB you from a distance with an off screen indicator at times in the middle of attacks and pull you in, bleed you and allow his teammates to hit you. So I would argue that is relevant to how strong he is. In close quarters his lights are 500ms, and with time snap gone that is quicker on consoles. It'll hit the other hero before they can attack, so shinobis mostly just have to worry about turtles who dodge and block/parry, but then even half the cast can't punish them.

In an open field the Shinobi can easily dash away and run off and that's the end of it, no one else will catch them. Yes the heavys are easy to parry, but the good Shinobis know when to use them.

I don't see that many Valks these days, and of course there are heros that counter some moves, just like Conq counters LB or Cent. Are you implying that he shouldn't be punished on backflip by these two heros?

You have the same health as Cent, 10 less than a solid portion of the cast, and still think Cent is over powered? Mustn't be a very good Shinobi for rep 12.

But, I didn't come to argue if the Shinobi is OP or not. I never mentioned if I thought Shino was, I said a lot of the community thinks it's a LITTLE over the top and could be dialed back a little. I was trying to say he wasn't the worse Assassin, but somehow this gave you the impression I'm a bad player.

Except theres nothing SAFE about it because if his target isnt completely unaware of him then he gets yanked in to have 1/3 of his health ripped away for free. One's ability to efficiently attack a completely unsuspecting foe is not a factor for me when considering viability. Anybody that picks a character specifically because it allows them to win lopsided fights even more easily is a sad player.

Yes shinobis have good lights. . . as I said, one of two redeemable qualities. 500ms lights themselves are a standard though, which a large majority of characters access to from at least one direction. Every assassin excluding orochi has them from all 3 directions.

No one runs from a good peacekeeper.

I'm not implying that he shouldnt be countered, Im pointing out YET ANOTHER weakness in the ranged/mobility portion of his kit which he MUST rely on because he's literally the worst character in the game in close quarters combat.

I was actually a very good shinobi and despite the fact that hes been underpowered since his initial nerf. It isnt hard to beat people when youre better than them regardless of what character you use. Ask the kenseis. How well I personally play the game is not a reflection of a character's power level, and I dont like playing underpowered characters regardless of how many noobs i can stomp with them.

Cent is indisputably overpowered with the strongest punishes in the game in addition to a relatively safe offense with the fastest, soft feintable, timing adjustable heavies in the game.

No YOU didnt say that, but that is the tone of the thread and that comment was directed toward anyone that does think he is. I do firmly believe he is the worst assassin, being the only character in the game that has reflex guard in ADDITION to not being able to dodge attack. That goes without mentioning he has an even shorter reflex guard and less health than other assassins.

There's nothing at all over the top about the shinobi, and the people that think he should be nerfed CAN'T be good players because if they were they would realize his kit is simply not impressive when compared to characters that are actually good.

In any case, I can't make myself any clearer than I already have.

Inconsistent73
11-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Shinobi is up there with Gladiator in terms of tiers right now.
Its posts like these that make you seem like you severely lack an understanding of the game's core mechanics.

Knight_Raime
11-09-2017, 10:11 AM
The health/stamina buff didn't fix any of shinobi's issues or increase his power as a hero.
All it did was make him defend a bit better and not die in 2 hits.
Yes a good passive/turtling shinobi is hard to deal with. But so is most heros in the game.

He's not bad. But he's not amazing either. probably B. maybe B+

Knight_Raime
11-09-2017, 10:14 AM

heavy feinting into something generally isn't an opener in high tier play. People will wait until they feel confident in parrying something you attempt.
An opener easily put is something that forces a reaction. Majority of the time that's an unblockable attack. Forcing a reaction means the defender has to do more than block. They have to know what you're going to do and figure out how to handle it. They guess wrong or mess up and they get hurt.

That's exactly why the DLC heros have much more unblockables than standard roster.

Netcode_err_404
11-10-2017, 02:05 AM
Shinobi mains, saying he is trash, i've already seen the same with cebturions and gladiators lol