PDA

View Full Version : Hackers galore

cashlezz
11-06-2017, 10:07 AM
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o578/cashlezz/Screenshot_20171106-000718_zpsya9rglsg.pngWhen this happens every time you try to get your pvp packs. A 15 mins distraction becomes an hour long struggle. Note the second screenshot didn't tell the whole story. It was basically an uphill fight right till the end against an unceasing limitless horde. Dude wasn't even trying to hide it. When you're not lucky enough to get stomped you get disconnected right from the beginning or right at the most crucial moment. Worldwide release is going to be so much fun with promo packs after another and broken pvp. Cheers.

UbiDomZ
11-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Hi, cashlezz. We investigate all reported incidents of hacking very seriously, and we're constantly working to tune our anti-cheat to stay ahead of potential exploiters. However, in most cases the real issue has to do with the connection of one or both users. Please use the in-game bug reporting feature to inform us of players you believe to be cheating as opposed to posting player names in the forums. You may also PM me this information directly.

CEhopeR
11-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Honestly, I think people are calling hacks on simply losing a fight in PvP. The guy probably saved up some mana and cast a lot of stuff at once, maybe an energy staff on top. :nonchalance: (https://hackerbot.net/mmo/plus/464-south-park-phone-destroyer-sppd) I cannot imagine that the developers would store the mana value on the phone in an online game like this and if the do, they will patch it quickly. :)

RockatanskU
11-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Look at the time, look at whats played and tell me this is legit.

This was at rank 18 btw and he was spam healing and i already killed 3 guys with a fireball

cashlezz
11-11-2017, 09:26 PM
Honestly, I think people are calling hacks on simply losing a fight in PvP. The guy probably saved up some mana and cast a lot of stuff at once, maybe an energy staff on top. :nonchalance: (https://hackerbot.net/mmo/plus/464-south-park-phone-destroyer-sppd) I cannot imagine that the developers would store the mana value on the phone in an online game like this and if the do, they will patch it quickly. :)
There were no energy staff on his side. If anything I was the one with energy staff and yet somehow he still managed to play 5 units in a row couple with a fireball earlier. And from my understanding of the hacking mechanics the mana value IS stored on the phone.

cashlezz
11-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Look at the time, look at whats played and tell me this is legit.

This was at rank 18 btw and he was spam healing and i already killed 3 guys with a fireball

That's a dumb hacker dumb enough to get caught. The smart ones do it very discreetly by slowly playing just a bit over their energy limit and slowly overwhelm you. Honestly I'm thinking of quitting the game since it's not fun anymore with hackers and connection problem like this. I can't even play the new event because I get dced everytime I got matched (6 times in a row losing 2 ranks before writing this). And if I don't get dced then ridiculousness like this happens. Most of the time you're not even sure if the dc is due to hacks or just the potato running the server.

CRil1990
11-13-2017, 05:22 AM
Hi, cashlezz. We investigate all reported incidents of hacking very seriously, and we're constantly working to tune our anti-cheat to stay ahead of potential exploiters. However, in most cases the real issue has to do with the connection of one or both users. Please use the in-game bug reporting feature to inform us of players you believe to be cheating as opposed to posting player names in the forums. You may also PM me this information directly.

How do I message you to report someone?

cashlezz
11-13-2017, 07:04 AM
If you open the in-game settings there's a "support" button. Click it and log in to your Ubisoft account and report the issue. It's inconvenient but the main way to report. If you managed to get a screenshot it's good to message the mod.

TheGulgoth
11-13-2017, 08:41 PM
I average about 1/3 matches are obvious hackers. Do they seriously think I won't notice them using 1.5x or 2x the energy as me? I'm not stupid, when you are overpowering me I notice. I know when I should be ahead and behind in energy. I notice when you always drop just 1 extra card or use spells basically for free. You may as well go all out of you're going to cheat and save me the time of reporting you. I don't bother reporting those that are obvious from the beginning cuz at least then they don't make me waste 3 minutes by waiting till the last second to do it or try to sneak it throughout the match. I've reported at least 20 people today.

Cryonics
11-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Haven't seen a single hacker yet.

TheGulgoth
11-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Then you haven't played at 20+. Took me am hour to win 3 matches just now. They can be more subtle since they have card advantages. They tend to only flood as much as necessary to win. You probably flight a lot and don't notice. I even have them say good game sometimes. I just call them bastards and report. Wish you could type to them so I could call them out as they are doing it so they know they got caught.

Cryonics
11-13-2017, 09:40 PM
Then you haven't played at 20+. Took me am hour to win 3 matches just now. They can be more subtle since they have card advantages. They tend to only flood as much as necessary to win. You probably flight a lot and don't notice. I even have them say good game sometimes. I just call them bastards and report. Wish you could type to them so I could call them out as they are doing it so they know they got caught.

It's true that I haven't played at 20+. I been at 18-19 for some time now. I've heard that you should not proceed past 20 until your guys reach level 3, because it's so hard to win until then. Maybe your cards aren't up to par? Or maybe you are right, I don't know.

/edit I just hit rank 20 to see how bad it is. Hope I won't regret ;)

cashlezz
11-14-2017, 01:38 AM
Wish we are as fortunate as you.

cashlezz
11-14-2017, 01:46 AM
It's true that I haven't played at 20+. I been at 18-19 for some time now. I've heard that you should not proceed past 20 until your guys reach level 3, because it's so hard to win until then. Maybe your cards aren't up to par? Or maybe you are right, I don't know.

/edit I just hit rank 20 to see how bad it is. Hope I won't regret ;)
This is what the typical energy hack looks like. You are lucky if you see this as you know for sure they are hacking. The smart ones usually play just above the energy curve so that you are always at a disadvantage no matter what happens. Most of the time, however, they just dc you.
Need to read more go to this link. Someone tested all the ways that hackers can do this and document them on this blog.
http://daeity.blogspot.ca/2017/06/current-hacks-in-phone-destroyer-early.html

Drenzul
11-14-2017, 02:16 PM
Please please don't lie.... it just makes it worse....

Connection issues don't allow people to spawn 30 energy worth of troops in 10 seconds.....
No matter what you claim....

Lack of competent programming/design causes that..... because its not been server verified.....

In any competent design, a connection issue would ONLY affect that user and what he sees/his commands been delayed, not allowing people to magically generate 3x as much energy as should be possible.

There are level 4 people dominating people over twice their level at the moment because they literally just pull out their entire hand every battle....

Its blatant cheating and UBI owe ALL the legit players of this game a big apology.

Cryonics
11-14-2017, 02:40 PM
This is what the typical energy hack looks like. You are lucky if you see this as you know for sure they are hacking. The smart ones usually play just above the energy curve so that you are always at a disadvantage no matter what happens. Most of the time, however, they just dc you.
Need to read more go to this link. Someone tested all the ways that hackers can do this and document them on this blog.
http://daeity.blogspot.ca/2017/06/current-hacks-in-phone-destroyer-early.html

I just skimmed through the article, and yes it appears that they have made a very unsafe client-server model. I can not comprehend how a professional studio can allow such loopholes to exist. Clearly this is on the developers.
It's hard to say if some/most of this has been patched already, without trying it myself, as the document is from early alpha, and we get no information from the devs. But word to the wise - They can still see the log files for any abnormalities and ban you if they see that you are acting strangely. This can be automated, so don't think you are safe.

https://media.giphy.com/media/vX9WcCiWwUF7G/source.gif

UbiDomZ
11-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone!

We investigate all reported incidents of hacking very seriously, as we have a zero tolerance policy for cheating. Please use the in-game bug reporting feature to inform us of players you believe to be cheating, as opposed to posting player names in the forums. You may also PM me this information directly. We are actively working to improve our anti-cheat to stay ahead of potential cheaters, and we appreciate player reports and patience!

Drenzul
11-14-2017, 04:44 PM
Why on earth do you NEED any reports to check them?

1> You should have logs of the battles...... Running a simple analysis on the time-stamps there should tell you who is cheating.......
2> It shouldn't be possible anyway.... energy levels should be server/client checked......

This is really really basic game-dev stuff..... like game-dev 101, we never made a game before indie setup kinda screw-up...... how did this make it into production....
When do we get some honest feedback about this instead of just the normal 'oh report them'......

We can't report the ones who actually use their brains when cheating because they don't make it blatant they are cheating!