PDA

View Full Version : Hit stun/dodge delay

PepsiBeastin
11-05-2017, 06:22 PM
I've been noticing quite often (probably because I'm going for more deflects) that there are some situations where I know I could've blocked/parried, yet I press dodge and nothing happens. If I get hit by an attack, why am I not allowed to deflect the next one? Why would ANYONE go for a deflect when you might still be stunned from the last attack and your dodge doesn't even trigger? It just baffles me that someone thought it was a good idea to not have dodge become available at the same time as you can block/parry the next attack.

And why the hell hasn't unlocked grapple tracking been fixed yet? I'm fed up with raiders/lawbringers/warlords turning 180 degrees, sprinting for .2 seconds, then instantly getting hit with heatseeking grabs.

SenBotsu893
11-05-2017, 08:52 PM
yes its strange you can block the second heavy after a celtic course but you can not dodge.
but you can strangly dodge the light after a Lawbringer shove but you can not block it.

its very wierd why sometimes a followup can only be blocked or only be dodged.

brashtralas
11-05-2017, 10:28 PM
They do that so that you positively get the maximum amount of frustration out of the game.

Just like a raider can get revenge twice in a 1v1 because heís turtles up and heavies are a no go, so you bash and light attack him until he gets revenge, manage to survive it, then beat on him until he gets revenge again.

Great.

At this point I find myself asking questions like this so often that nothing surprises me. How is it a good idea that the 1 in a 2v1 should have the advantage because revenge is a super powered guaranteed kill?

For honor, thatís why.

Trenk2009
11-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Man don't go that way.

Long ago I posted a thread about how I think stupid it is that the block is stronger than the dodge. I got literally ****ted on by people saying that it is completely normal and that the dodge is a situational mecanic and that it is not weaker than block since that's the only answer to melle attacks and all.

brashtralas
11-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Man don't go that way.

Long ago I posted a thread about how I think stupid it is that the block is stronger than the dodge. I got literally ****ted on by people saying that it is completely normal and that the dodge is a situational mecanic and that it is not weaker than block since that's the only answer to melle attacks and all.

Just because someone chewed you out doesnít mean you were wrong. Donít worry, though. When the defensive meta patch launches(if it ever does), the meta will switch further toward dodgy assassins. Itís already pretty far that way on console(mainly shinobi, gladiator and pk).