PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi life pool suggestion.

Trenk2009
11-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Hi guys, Rep 10 PC plat 3 Shinobi here.

So, hereís my suggestion:
Why not making the last Shinobi health buff a tier 1 passiv feat instead of a base buff ?
Because, clearly, this change has been made to fit a 4v4 environement, but it also greatly affect 1v1s.
The thing is that lately I seemed to encounter a lot of shino complaints and Iím afraid of a potential nerf that would ruin the char, so I would highly prefer for his life pool to come back to normal on a 1v1 scenario, in order to really make him the stressfull hard to play glass cannon that heís supposed to be.

SenBotsu893
11-05-2017, 06:00 PM
the health buff is fine as it.

most people complain about shinobi becasue they dont like samurai characters. simple as that.

shinobi kick/gb 50/50 is a no no -> but its fine on warden.
fast light attacks on shinobi is a no no -> but its fine on any other assasin (which do also more damage but still are 500 ms attacks).
shinobi sickle rain is a no no because it leaves you helpless -> but its fine on raiders stampede or Lawbringers Impale

BarbeQMichael
11-05-2017, 07:43 PM
fast light attacks on shinobi is a no no -> but its fine on any other assasin

You ever heard someone seriously agreeing warden's sb is ok? No you haven't. Just like you have never heard anyone saying that 400/500ms attacks are ok on any character.

Tyrjo
11-05-2017, 08:09 PM

The health buff is not fine. The HP buff was a 22.2% increase, which is pretty insane when you think about it.

SenBotsu893
11-05-2017, 08:39 PM
You ever heard someone seriously agreeing warden's sb is ok? No you haven't. Just like you have never heard anyone saying that 400/500ms attacks are ok on any character.

dude how i wish that would be true.
there have been people claiming wardens 50/50 is nothing special and warden needs a buff... seriously i cant make that **** up.
of course thats not the mayority of people but those arguments truly exist.
and most people agree that valk can not open up opponents even though her lights are the same speed as pk.

The health buff is not fine. The HP buff was a 22.2% increase, which is pretty insane when you think about it.
i see you using a percentage to make the buff seem bigger than it was. its still just 20 hp more to him. and most characters light attack are around 18 damage.
so now you basically have to hit him with one more light attack to finish him. not really that hard to do.

Trenk2009
11-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Can someone explain to me where is there supposed tobe a 50/50 on a Shinobi please ?!

ChampionRuby50g
11-05-2017, 11:32 PM

most people complain about shinobi becasue they dont like samurai characters. simple as that.

fast light attacks on shinobi is a no no -> but its fine on any other assasin (which do also more damage but still are 500 ms attacks).
shinobi sickle rain is a no no because it leaves you helpless -> but its fine on raiders stampede or Lawbringers Impale

1. You can stop the Wardens SB with an attack, and all heroes in the roster can punish it/counter it unlike Shinobi where only heros with a dodge attack can punish it.
2. You gotta be joking saying that they are fine on their heros? Do you not pay attention and see that in basically every thread that talks about light attacks mentions the spam of assassins, PK especially, as their lights are 500ms, 400ms and 400ms Zone?
3. I think the theme here is you have a very selective memory. You are only choosing things you think to be true, but again as in point 2, those two moves are probably some of the most complained about moves. I guess you want it so when you have someone in sickle rain your team can just roll on them and instakill them, instead of how it is now when you get attacked sickle rain ends?

SenBotsu893
11-06-2017, 01:16 PM
1. You can stop the Wardens SB with an attack, and all heroes in the roster can punish it/counter it unlike Shinobi where only heros with a dodge attack can punish it.
2. You gotta be joking saying that they are fine on their heros? Do you not pay attention and see that in basically every thread that talks about light attacks mentions the spam of assassins, PK especially, as their lights are 500ms, 400ms and 400ms Zone?
3. I think the theme here is you have a very selective memory. You are only choosing things you think to be true, but again as in point 2, those two moves are probably some of the most complained about moves. I guess you want it so when you have someone in sickle rain your team can just roll on them and instakill them, instead of how it is now when you get attacked sickle rain ends?

1. only can stop him with fast light attacks and only if you are not already in the sb vortex. the stagger animiation is too long to perfom a counterattack in time before the next sb hits you.
also somewhere during his charge animation warden gets hyperarmor while charging his sb. and before the hyperarmor sets in he can flat out cancel the charge. its hardly punishable.
2. yet people say valkyrie can not open up oponents while she also has 500ms light attacks.
3. not choosing these at random. i took these attacks specifcally because they are similar in effect. but the reaction from people vastly differs just depending on the character.

Devils-_-legacy
11-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Serious sickle rains a issue stampede charge from a raider had the same effect so does the impaling charge from a lb and they get complaints more them shinobi

Tyrjo
11-06-2017, 03:35 PM
i see you using a percentage to make the buff seem bigger than it was. its still just 20 hp more to him. and most characters light attack are around 18 damage.
so now you basically have to hit him with one more light attack to finish him. not really that hard to do.

A relative value carries more meaning of how large a buff was. Absolute values mean nothing since they are out of context.

Given how nimble the Shinobi is and how OP the kick is, yes it actually is hard to hit him with a light.

SenBotsu893
11-06-2017, 03:55 PM
A relative value carries more meaning of how large a buff was. Absolute values mean nothing since they are out of context.

Given how nimble the Shinobi is and how OP the kick is, yes it actually is hard to hit him with a light.

heh i am glad you bring that up.
now imagine he had 120 hp with his nimbleness. because thats every other assasin.
and i would even argue that they have way better dodges becasue the double dodge of shinoby just consumes stamina and doesnt give any benefit.
a simple evade attack is just more efficient and less time consuming than a dodge -> doubledoge -> ub -> attack

BTTrinity
11-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Hi guys, Rep 10 PC plat 3 Shinobi here.

So, hereís my suggestion:
Why not making the last Shinobi health buff a tier 1 passiv feat instead of a base buff ?
Because, clearly, this change has been made to fit a 4v4 environement, but it also greatly affect 1v1s.
The thing is that lately I seemed to encounter a lot of shino complaints and Iím afraid of a potential nerf that would ruin the char, so I would highly prefer for his life pool to come back to normal on a 1v1 scenario, in order to really make him the stressfull hard to play glass cannon that heís supposed to be.

Shinobi is fine right now, stop hating now that the samurai have a strong character. Hes still no where near as broken as Gladiator, Raider, PK, et cet