PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Assassin's Creed Origins no sound bug.

BlunterFrame800
11-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Hey Ubisoft.
I bought Assassin's Creed Origins on day one and it seemed to work fine. But there is this annoying bug that keeps appearing in my game since a few days ago, and I would like this issue to be solved because I really like the game.

The volume just disappears when I play for more than an hour. I know this isn't because of my headset because I also hear nothing when I turn up the volume of the TV. I play on the Xbox One. Could someone please help me solve this issue because I paid quite a lot of money for this game.

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

EnemyMoth207180
11-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Hello. I am having the same issue. No sound. Has anyone helped to resolve this. It is a little irritating. I am not on any head set, just thought TV. I have tried to look up INFO, but can't seem to find any resolve.

Thanks in advance.

guest-N0mSQ5Uo
11-11-2017, 02:05 PM
I am having same issue. No sound at all. No what you pay £45 for...

chargerboy69
11-12-2017, 07:29 PM
I also have this problem but mine is always, soon as you start the game zero sound and I'll save you the trouble it doesn't fix it if you uninstall and reinstall the game

Coconutsplz
11-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Ive just run into this problem, its causing a buzzing through my headset also

kaleeb1027
11-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Played for a few hours, watched a movie came back no sound at all. Started game over shut the Xbox off still nothing

ElektroDragon
11-13-2017, 07:53 PM
I have the same issue on my Xbox One, sound drops out and does not recover no matter what I try UNLESS I quit and restart the game. Has happened with headphones as well as home theater. I SUSPECT that it has something to do with Dolby Atmos support as I have that enabled. Do you guys have ATMOS enabled?

Suicidebuoy8521
11-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Just got it today and finished downloading it and was bummed I can't hear nothing...

cd_BE
11-14-2017, 11:54 AM
I had this with one mission (PS4) and only one character.
Don't know if this problem is related to yours.

https://youtu.be/N_HSjLiNQkY
i'm still wondering what she said...

As I completed the game no more sound errors. Some ubi rewards didn't unlock but that's for a other thread.

Metalhead-X47
11-15-2017, 01:30 PM
I've had the same problem on Xbox One, I've found quiting the game from dashboard and rebooting it does the trick.

The game has frozen a few times but carried on after about 10 to 15 seconds.

Also had some issues with the came crashing to dashboard for no reason but saying that it could be due to Xbox being in standby, a few game do that.

Other than than the few problems it a beautiful game.

CaptainGigaX
11-15-2017, 08:02 PM
Set audio to stereo, disable spatial sound support, disable virtual surround sound, and set audio rate to 16 bit 48kz

Let it be known that I actually have a 3.5mm audio cable with virtual surround sound enabled and spatial audio enabled (Windows Sonic) and I do not get these sound issues. I also have it set to 16bit 48khz.

PaulieJoe6
11-17-2017, 02:11 AM
Still having problems with no sound. Quit the game and reopen it a few times still no sound. Please fix soon or my next comment you ain't going to like

UbiMorning
11-18-2017, 02:07 AM
Hi everyone! If you are still having sound issues, I recommend configuring your Xbox One Audio settings (https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/configure-audio-settings). I also recommend clearing your Xbox's cache. To clear the cache on the Xbox One, please turn the console off and unplug it from the wall for at least two minutes before plugging it in again. If this does not help, can you please make a ticket (http://www.support.ubi.com) mentioning your audio issues with ACO on XB1? Thanks!

mikelbee
11-23-2017, 03:27 AM
I was getting garbled dialog and sometimes no dialogue. Fix was to go to Stereo uncompressed in Xbox settings:

HDMI audio options

Off
Stereo uncompressed
5.1 uncompressed
7.1 uncompressed
Bitstream out

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/configure-audio-settings

OneFuriousFox
11-28-2017, 03:25 AM
Hey Ubisoft.
I bought Assassin's Creed Origins on day one and it seemed to work fine. But there is this annoying bug that keeps appearing in my game since a few days ago, and I would like this issue to be solved because I really like the game.

The volume just disappears when I play for more than an hour. I know this isn't because of my headset because I also hear nothing when I turn up the volume of the TV. I play on the Xbox One. Could someone please help me solve this issue because I paid quite a lot of money for this game.

Try to unplug and replug your headset. My headset is wireless and connected via a USB d0ngle. When I unplugged and replugged the d0ngle the sound returned.

BravoLimaX360
12-31-2017, 03:07 PM
I think it's an issue with games Dolby Atmos audio. I have my one X plugged into my Denon Amp and the ATMOS flag is there when I launch the game. Nice touch but rubbish if it's causing these kind of bugs. You shouldn't need to change the audio settings on the console and is clearly something Ubisoft need to fix.

zcomeaux12
01-03-2018, 04:28 AM
I've been a loyal fan and customer of the AC series since day one. Finally yall have made a masterpiece of this series yet myself and many others, only on xbox one apparently, have run into this crash/NO SOUND bug and the fact that it was brought to yall's attention 2 months ago and still no update is ****ING SAD!! Get on your **** and pay attention to the forums before you piss everyone off and create another reddit riot.

sakura_crystals
01-13-2018, 01:50 AM
After starting playing Secerets of the pyramids I lost dialogue then a few days later subtitles now volume all together, I checked my other games and they have sound it just seems to be AC origins. I donít know what to do!

CommandWolf426
01-19-2018, 04:25 AM
I haven't had any audio issue till today where I was playing The Lizards Mask mission where all the cutscenes vocal audio is either non-existent or sounds like its very far in the distance.

AttitudeTalks
01-19-2018, 11:53 PM
I had the same issue shortly after I started playing the game on my XBox One - The sound just disappeared. Not console specific coz I changed games and the volume was back. So I tried to reset it to factory settings and now it keeps erroring out and will not complete the reset.

In other words, my XBox is now just Box. :(

Talonade
04-03-2018, 12:24 AM
I had this problem yet it only affected the in game dialogue mostly, I went into Xbox setting and changed the audio output settings under hdmi audio from uncompressed 7.1/5.1 to stereo uncompressed. This completely fixed all issues I was having

tallest_bassist
04-05-2018, 04:19 PM
My sound is already set to the stereo uncompressed option and I get sound everywhere else except in the game. Cut scenes are also very jumpy and repeat sections 3 to 4 times before moving on and doing the same on the next few seconds of the cut scene

Danielles20
05-17-2018, 03:33 PM
tallest_bassist
No audio

My sound is already set to the stereo uncompressed option and I get sound everywhere else except in the game. Cut scenes are also very jumpy and repeat sections 3 to 4 times before moving on and doing the same on the next few seconds of the cut scene

Same issue here. Just downloaded the Curse of Pharaoh's yesterday. Today, I walked away from game for about 15 minutes, returned and tried to complete quest. Audio is absent with random seconds where it will clip in and out. During cut scenes, the graphics glitch and replay the same few seconds repeatedly. I am on patch 1.4.3. On the Reddit Page (https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/826xt6/assassins_creed_origins_140_patch_notes/) it mentions patch 1.4.0 Fixed an issue that could prevent the output of any sound when resuming the game after being inactive.... well that's seems to be my problem now. I changed the audio settings, I hard reset my Xbox One, now I am just frustrated and annoyed and the audio still it not working. :(:mad::confused:

Truthless
05-20-2018, 10:30 PM
I'm seeing this, too. It's starting to look like Ubisoft doesn't care about this issue if it's been going on since the game came out and there's only been one response from a rep in this thread. Changing sound options is not a fix. Come on, Ubi, give us something here.

Ubi-Baron
05-22-2018, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you guys are still seeing this.

What Sound Device are you using and what kind of sound are you using? Is it Surround or virtual Surround sound?

eddspawn666
05-23-2018, 10:25 PM
I will not playing this game or buying any further games until this problem with the sound is sorted, as we pay alot of money for these games but do get the full gaming experience due to stupid problems that can be resolved itís getting in the same bracket as EA with taking loads of time sorting out stupid problems.

Buzzyoda81
05-24-2018, 01:17 PM
Just spent £450 on console and this game and after 4 hours i have no sound.. nothing. My xbox x has no other sound issues. I cant listen to the story so no point in playing it. The console is connected to my Panasonic tv.. no additional speakers involved. I hear the odd flash of sounds for a split second and thats it.

Super disappointed

I would appreciate some help

ubi--unicorn
05-24-2018, 07:31 PM
Hi all, make sure you do basic Xbox troubleshooting (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000026628/Basic-Xbox-One-Troubleshooting) (if you haven't already). If that doesn't help, please create a ticket (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/New) about this issue.

FifaKing07
05-30-2018, 09:14 PM
As everyone else, I started off playing AC origins and was enjoying the game. Recently, as I'm atleast 7-10 hours into the game, I am getting no sound and during cutscenes, it seems to repeat a few seconds of the same scene over and over. Ubisoft keeps saying check your sound settings, 1) I haven't changed my sound settings EVER and 2) all my other games sound works. 3) along with the sound, the repeat of cutscenes is also a problem. I was a huge fan of AC before Unity ruined it for me and now this awesome game is potentially my last if UBISOFT does not fix it. Stop telling us to check our settings and create a ticket. There are plenty of people having the same issue, why would we all create a ticket when you should provide an patch to fix this. :mad:

bloodlessrook
06-20-2018, 03:29 AM
Hi everyone! If you are still having sound issues, I recommend configuring your Xbox One Audio settings (https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/configure-audio-settings). I also recommend clearing your Xbox's cache. To clear the cache on the Xbox One, please turn the console off and unplug it from the wall for at least two minutes before plugging it in again. If this does not help, can you please make a ticket (http://www.support.ubi.com) mentioning your audio issues with ACO on XB1? Thanks!

I cleared my cache as suggested and my sound came back after 6 hours in game of it not working

Ubi-Redbeard
06-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Glad to hear this has helped!

ChasUGC1
06-21-2018, 06:26 AM
I just want to say that I have a XBOX One S, and I have no problem with sound in the game, stuttering or anything else.
I have all the DLC's and played it through four times. I've played it online and offline, and nary a problem.
I think thousands of people have brought this game on XBOX, and only a few have sound problems. So, it can't be a bug.
It is likely a disk problem, hardware problem or a configuration problem. One such person solved the problem by just unplugging their sound headset dongle and plugging it back in. But, he too, was here complaining that it was UBISOFT's fault and demanding an update. lol.
If you have the XBOX in a tightly closed area or you have books or objects on top of it, you can expect all sorts of overheating problems. Eventually, you will completely fry your XBOX.
If your game loses sound when it goes into standby, don't let it go into standby. Exit the game and turn it off when it is not in use. I never leave my XBOX in standby. If you have had this problem since the first standby, try clearing the error by doing a power cycle/clearing the cache. I've found that ACO likes to resume a lot, and it will resume the error configuration unless you power cycle it.
If you say that none of your other games have problems, its because all the other games are old and don't tax the system like this advanced graphics game does. Your XBOX, with books or stuff all over it, will overheat, and components will start shutting off. I'm sorry but these are all the suggestions that I have with the little information provided.

And, when UBISOFT asks you to provide additional information or answers to their questions, and you don't do it, you just whine and complain, how can they help you?
1000's of people have no problems with sound. Only the few here, and yet they won't help support solve their particular issues.:confused:

betheerios
06-25-2018, 05:55 PM
i was having the same problem; i restarted my xbox & then it was working fine.

kikstand82
06-28-2018, 05:31 PM
Hey Ubisoft.

Just perform a hard reset

kc143
12-22-2018, 08:39 PM
ChasUGC1,

You should reconsider your position.

I started my console from cold, launched the game - no sound. Quit the game and had sound on the xbox one dashboard. DELETED the game data, restarted and had sound.

So it IS A BUG. And ChasUGC1 is wrong.

Thanks

ChasUGC1
12-22-2018, 10:09 PM
ChasUGC1,

You should reconsider your position.

I started my console from cold, launched the game - no sound. Quit the game and had sound on the xbox one dashboard. DELETED the game data, restarted and had sound.

So it IS A BUG. And ChasUGC1 is wrong.

Thanks

I would bet that you are playing with a wireless headset. But, you gave no information on your setup, just to say that ChasUGC1 is wrong. I have never had any sound issues with my game on my XBOX One S, so how can I be wrong? It sounds to me like you re-initialized your setup configuration, after the sound dropped out, but that is a hardware problem, not a software problem. If it was a software problem, everyone would be experiencing it. But, it is just a few people who mostly have wireless headsets. So, the issue is the wireless headset losing the signal, not the software. If you read this thread, there have been many people with this problem, who have wireless headsets and they have solved their problem through their headset configuration, not the game, since no game changes fixed their problem. Everyone who experiences problems with this game wants to blame the game, not their setup. Even when their setup doesn't match the minimum game requirements. It is like someone complaining that their new printer is junk, because it is not working, but then they find out that they didn't even have it plugged in. From here, I digress, until you give more information. I won't give any more ASSUMEs until you give more information on your problem. I do suggest that you read the first sticky in this forum. Instead of pointing fingers, you should be helping others, by giving information, to help find a solution to your problem.

PsychoPantis
01-20-2019, 07:07 AM
I would bet that you are playing with a wireless headset. But, you gave no information on your setup, just to say that ChasUGC1 is wrong. I have never had any sound issues with my game on my XBOX One S, so how can I be wrong? It sounds to me like you re-initialized your setup configuration, after the sound dropped out, but that is a hardware problem, not a software problem. If it was a software problem, everyone would be experiencing it. But, it is just a few people who mostly have wireless headsets. So, the issue is the wireless headset losing the signal, not the software. If you read this thread, there have been many people with this problem, who have wireless headsets and they have solved their problem through their headset configuration, not the game, since no game changes fixed their problem. Everyone who experiences problems with this game wants to blame the game, not their setup. Even when their setup doesn't match the minimum game requirements. It is like someone complaining that their new printer is junk, because it is not working, but then they find out that they didn't even have it plugged in. From here, I digress, until you give more information. I won't give any more ASSUMEs until you give more information on your problem. I do suggest that you read the first sticky in this forum. Instead of pointing fingers, you should be helping others, by giving information, to help find a solution to your problem.

I donít have any headset at all, wireless or not. My system is brand new and this just started happening to me as well (second time Iíve played the game). Tried the other options and doesnít seem to fix it.
Kinda confused, as Iíve never had an Xbox One before so this is very weird! :(

ChasUGC1
01-21-2019, 03:41 AM
I don’t have any headset at all, wireless or not. My system is brand new and this just started happening to me as well (second time I’ve played the game). Tried the other options and doesn’t seem to fix it.
Kinda confused, as I’ve never had an Xbox One before so this is very weird! :(

I also had a brand new XBox One and I have no sound problems and many other people have no sound problems with their XBOX One. What sounds suspect is that you say it just started happening to you. Did it happen the first time that you played the game? If not, then the game likely hasn't changed, so something must have changed in your system or maybe there is a problem with your XBOX. It is hard to say what the problem is but, I would suggest that you contact Microsoft. I can almost 100% guarantee you that Microsoft will say that the problem is not the game. You haven't even said what options you have tried, so I really don't want to start guessing and have you to shoot me down. Sorry for your problems with the game though. Good luck.

UbiGabrinth
01-24-2019, 12:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues, PsychoPantis. Is this a disc or a digital version of AC Origins?

Try turning off your Xbox and unplugging everything from it including all cords for two minutes. Then plug back in any essential items such as the power cord and the audio / video outputs.

Does the issue persist?

SpartanChick316
04-13-2019, 09:21 PM
My dad is having this problem on his Xbox one and it's not very old. He just picked up the game a day or so ago.
Clearing the cache appeared to have worked but for how long? The system is already set to uncompressed audio. Why on earth would either of us want to turn the system completely off for 2 minutes to fix this issue? Do you (Ubisoft) really expect people to do this? How often? Older people and kids really struggle with this kind of thing. They are more likely to just return the game or stop playing all together.
If I need to submit a ticket about this I will. Audio has never been an issue before with these games and it's not one with any other game or app we own. Since it's not as easy to clear the cache as it was on the xbox 360. Please fix whatever issue this is!

georgie98x
10-08-2019, 05:33 PM
My dad is having this problem on his Xbox one and it's not very old. He just picked up the game a day or so ago.
Clearing the cache appeared to have worked but for how long? The system is already set to uncompressed audio. Why on earth would either of us want to turn the system completely off for 2 minutes to fix this issue? Do you (Ubisoft) really expect people to do this? How often? Older people and kids really struggle with this kind of thing. They are more likely to just return the game or stop playing all together.
If I need to submit a ticket about this I will. Audio has never been an issue before with these games and it's not one with any other game or app we own. Since it's not as easy to clear the cache as it was on the xbox 360. Please fix whatever issue this is!

I've just bought and downloaded the game and have had this problem from the get go! I can't even return the game because I bought it online 🙄 I'm so annoyed. Completely wasted my money and it seems there isn't a fix for it.