PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUSLY we cant ZONE

Trenk2009
11-04-2017, 12:52 AM
**** you STUPID flicker FIX ! CANT zone ANYMORE !

JUST BRING BACK THE BUFFER AND MAKE IT SO WE CAN ONLY ZONE WHEN OUR STANCE IS ALREADY ON THE RIGHT SIDE ! THIS WAY IT WILL JUST BE LIKE WITH ANY OTHER ATTACK OF THE GAME !
I LOST SO MANY CLUTCHES SIMPLY CUZ MY NOBU LAUNCHES HEAVYS INSTEAD OF ZONE !

CandleInTheDark
11-04-2017, 12:54 AM
Seriously I can zone. You are not we.

I am also ten times happier with not having to deal with cheap flicker abusers.

ChampionRuby50g
11-04-2017, 12:57 AM
I admit, it is a bit harder to do the zone. Recently started playing as Beserker and the amount of times I have ended up throwing a top heavy when i thought it would be a zone is high. In saying that, to me it seems doing a zone with some heros is easier than with others, for example Raider and Warden I can pull it off every time but LB and Beserker not so much. Probably just me.

ChampionRuby50g
11-04-2017, 12:59 AM
Seriously I can zone. You are not we.

I am also ten times happier with not having to deal with cheap flicker abusers.

Agreed, I much rather it like this than seeing an Orochi flicker every second attack.

SenBotsu893
11-04-2017, 01:03 AM
hmmm does that mean this was a indirect Kensei buff? you know because Kensei does not have a zone attack.
if no one can do zone attacks now that would actually put Kensei on an more even playing field.

but in all honesty... zone attack input isnt that hard to do now.

CandleInTheDark
11-04-2017, 01:34 AM
hmmm does that mean this was a indirect Kensei buff? you know because Kensei does not have a zone attack.
if no one can do zone attacks now that would actually put Kensei on an more even playing field.

but in all honesty... zone attack input isnt that hard to do now.

It takes some practice with an xbox controller unless you have an elite one because you can make it so the trigger buttons don't go so deep (if only they weren't so damn fragile for how expensive they are, regular careful use should not have a one month life expectancy) but putting in the practice and yeah it isn't so hard.

ChampionRuby50g
11-04-2017, 01:52 AM
Personally I never liked the Trigger locks in For Honor, I felt it messed my parry timing up too much. Thank God my elite is still under warranty, as the left thumb stick is constantly pushing forward and I cant even emote anymore. Getting it replaced when I trade in my original Xbone for the Xbox One X.

CandleInTheDark
11-04-2017, 01:56 AM
Personally I never liked the Trigger locks in For Honor, I felt it messed my parry timing up too much. Thank God my elite is still under warranty, as the left thumb stick is constantly pushing forward and I cant even emote anymore. Getting it replaced when I trade in my original Xbone for the Xbox One X.

I bought my brother's off him never used because he didn't want it out around a toddler but he was too cheap to pay insurance.After two months my right stick drifted up and somehow we got a replacement despite it being out of warranty, less than a month later the right bumper goes (insert peacekeeper main joke here though since I was grinding others I don't think I actually used her). I always buy insurance on my regular pads and while it might be more on the elite,paying insurance again so the new pad is under warranty is a lot cheaper than a whole new pad but given I only change buttons on For Honor I decided it was better just relearning the regular pad.

DaLast_Samurai
11-04-2017, 02:50 AM
As Orochi I can tell you...

I admittedly use the flicker zone attack plenty because I do feel Orochi is quite low tier as most on here do from every tier list I've ever seen posted.

As an assassin with reflex blocking, he obviously won't do very well turtling.
But he's defintely the weakest of assassins and probably the toughest character to have when trying to open up a turtling opponent.

On top of that, with ideal stat gear, he can slice many characters to hell and back without finishing them off only to get murdered by for example one three strike chain from Highlander.

I feel no shame.

With that said, two things about zone.

1. I find with Orochi at least, the only time I have trouble with it is when I'm trying to sweep out minions / soldiers.
Which is often and frustrating as all hell.

I have no idea why.
But I almost never have and issue getting it in a PvP fight.

2. Crazy solution idea!
This is just thinking out loud.
Now, call me logical...
But what if...

Zone was ONE BUTTON?
And... what if then...
There was no false flicker direction?
What if the Zone button flashed the attack lights for your enemy to the correct direction both times?

I don't know...
Call me crazy, but...
I think that's it!

bmason1000
11-04-2017, 04:07 AM
One button idea comes up a lot, but what button on console isn't being used?

ChampionRuby50g
11-04-2017, 04:36 AM
1. I find with Orochi at least, the only time I have trouble with it is when I'm trying to sweep out minions / soldiers.
Which is often and frustrating as all hell.

I have no idea why.
But I almost never have and issue getting it in a PvP fight.

That's what I was trying to say in my comment. Fighting an opponent I get my zone easily, but in minions it struggles.

I also second what Bmason says.
But, what about pressing the thumb stick down, left or right? Only problem I can think of is accidental input, but that should be rare.

DaLast_Samurai
11-05-2017, 01:01 AM
Good point.
Better idea then...

So, as of right now, hitting the dodge button without inputting a direction with the stick to dodge results in doing nothing.

So how about hitting dodge plus heavy attack for the zone attack?

I think on PS4 it would be really comfortable to hit X plus R2 for a zone attack.

This way you don't have to have the new tight time frame for hitting both buttons, since the zone will only be initiated upon hitiing the heavy attack second.

And without having the light attack as part of the process, your opponent will not have to deal with a false directional indicator.