PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problems (Plus a Suggestion)

greekphysics
11-03-2017, 01:28 AM
I love Just Dance 2018 and I love the World Dance Floor. I mostly use Xbox Kinect.

I have lost my connection to the World Dance Floor five times today and several times since the release date.

My other devices (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) haven't experienced any connection issues during this time. Also, with Just Dance 2017 connection issues were much more rare. (I also turn most of my other devices off while dancing.)

Two times today it occurred during a Classic Tournament: once near the beginning of the second song when I had been on the first page of the leaderboard, and the other time just before it announced the scores for the last song. Another time, I was disconnected during the last song of a three-song boss battle. The timing of these connection issues hasn't been good.

I'm wondering why connection problems are much more frequent for me with 2018 than they had been in 2017. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? I've seen a few of the top dancers disappear after 1-2 songs in a tournament even when one of their best songs came up next, so apparently I'm not the only one affected.

Hopefully, the frequency of the connection issues will improve with time. But there is another point that I'd like to make.

There is a way to make a disconnection a little less frustrating: Why do I get kicked way back to one of the starting screens when I'm disconnected? (And it's always a temporary disconnect, as I'm suddenly back online a moment later, just no longer on the dance floor.)

One problem with this is that it resets the daily challenges. Today, I had 11 out of 12 songs completed for one of my challenges, and then I was disconnected and this challenge was replaced with a new one. I was that close to finishing the challenge.

I wish it would preserve my challenges when I'm booted off the dance floor, and I wish I didn't have to return all of the way to the start screen. It would really be nice if it returned me to the main page of the World Dance Floor where you get to see your online rank. It could wait there for a short while to see if the connection is reestablished (then you could see your online rank without having to come back in, and you wouldn't lose your challenges), and if not, it could return to the page that shows the three options (Kids, Just Dance, WDF) in such a way as to preserve the challenges.

(It would be even better if we could finish the current song offline and see our score. There could be a message letting us know that the connection was lost, with the option to continue the song offline. The distraction might cost a few points, but it would be better than the forced exit that we currently have.)

Just Dance really is FUN, especially on the World Dance Floor when things are working well. If you could help with these issues, either with fewer connection problems, or by preserving the challenges (or letting us finish the current dance offline), we could focus more on the FUN of Just Dancing.

Thank you for your consideration.

Ubi-KitKoumal
11-03-2017, 09:56 AM
Hello there greekphysics,

We're very sorry to hear you faced these connectivity issues with JD2018. Thank you very much for your complete feedback, we'll make sure to share your observations with the rest of our team!

Cheers,

Kit

xCelticgx
11-05-2017, 02:49 AM
I also agree with the connection problems. I have been attempting to play and the songs would start to buffer out of nowhere and disconnect. One thing I notice it's certain songs will others have no issues. I can play Just Dance 2017 and have no issues at all but as soon as I go back to 2018, it starts running into constant issues.

Earlier today I noticed the game would get stuck at the loading screen after you have synced your device or selected the Kinect to play. Should I just go back to 2017 at this point?

greekphysics
11-05-2017, 03:11 PM
The next day I danced for a long time on the world dance floor without any issues. So it is possible for it to work well. :-)

However, since yesterday, it's been totally the opposite: I haven't been able to access the world dance floor from Xbox One at all. I'm hoping it's just down while someone fixes a problem, but it's been nearly 24 hours...

I'm able to dance to Unlimited and it tells me how many dancers are on the world dance floor, so it seems there must be a connection. But when I try to join the world dance floor, there is an immediate connection error and I'm booted back to the main screen.

If I disable Cross-Network Play, it no longer shows me how many dancers are on the world dance floor. Does that mean nobody on Xbox is on the dance floor? It does show me who had the highest online rank last season, both overall (with Cross-Network enabled) and for Xbox (I see this with Cross-Network disabled). But either way, I still can't join the world dance floor.

I'm also unable to access the leaderboard from the Just Dance mode. (I was able to do this from Wii U though. However, my Wii U didn't show my most recent Xbox One scores.)

I did find a helpful link regarding how to troubleshoot Xbox connectivity issues in Ubisoft Support:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000031027/Unable-to-access-the-Ubisoft-Club-or-the-World-Dance-Floor-PS4-PS3-XB1-XB360-Wii-WiiU-Switch-JD2018?fallback=en_US

I've cleared my Xbox cache and restarted my router, but that hasn't helped. There are a few things left on the list that I have yet to try, so I'm still hopeful though.

If anyone using Xbox One is able to access the world dance floor today, please let me know. Sometimes, just knowing that someone else can do it helps.

greekphysics
11-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Update: I now see a Degradation notice for Xbox One and PS4 on the Ubisoft support forum, mentioning Just Dance 2018, 2017, and 2016. Thank you for posting this notice.

I've been dancing avidly to Just Dance for a couple of years, and overall connection problems have been very rare, and always resolved quickly. I suppose I can survive a day or two without visiting the world dance floor. ;-)

greekphysics
11-06-2017, 08:12 PM
YAY! It's working for today. :-) Thank you.

UbiMarsuves
11-07-2017, 12:07 AM
YAY! It's working for today. :-) Thank you.

That's awesome Greek! :)