PDA

View Full Version : Bug in The battle of the Nile mission

janlav98
11-02-2017, 08:18 AM
So im having this problem with the Julius Caesar mission / Battle of Nile. I dont get a bow even on dialog they talk about shooting them with bow, i only get one spear to throw, then the elephant crushes me. and mission fails, this happens over and over, so im stuck, cant get anywhere at the game. Cant abort the mission or even go to free roam if i wont start a new save. I have 30+ hours in game already

EDIT: Well somehow the elephant glitched for me and soldiers got on its way and it got slower than usual so i managed to do it with one spear, but still this issue should be resolved as soon as possible. (Having my friend stuck on there too)

EDIT 2: 3-4 days and still no clear answer /hotfix/ patch from ubi, keep bumping this thread so they will see that more and more ppl have this problem.

EDIT 3: So 1.05 patch fixed this issue? If so then it took longer than it should but thx for fixing it.

Ubi-Keo
11-02-2017, 11:41 AM
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

Are you able to reload the quest (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000031824/Stuck-in-quest-in-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-ACO/)?

If this does not work can you please provide a video of this issue?

fearsaint3422
11-02-2017, 03:39 PM
I've been seeing alot of posts on several different sites mentioning this bug, it is extremely game breaking seeing as you cannot leave the quest or return to the world and simply just skip it until its fixed. It has locked my character to this segment of the quest and does not work no matter I've tried to do. This absolutely needs fixed immediately.

gnilrigs
11-02-2017, 07:44 PM
I had a light bow on my first try and the mission was going fine, but soon after the elephant came to trample me on the chariot, Bayek said "I have an idea" and pulled out a spear. I seemed to have an unlimited amount as I'm sure the mission intended, but they didn't seem to be doing any damage and soon after, I was killed. I am now currently respawning over and over again but with no bow. I only have a single spear(that does no damage to anyone no matter how much I try) and as soon as I throw it, I don't get another. I am 40+ hours in and have no plan to restart. Sucks too, seeing as I was enjoying the game. Hopefully they fix this ****ty bug soon.

GGP_Andy
11-02-2017, 09:30 PM
I have footage of the issue.
Will upload it and return here with a link

xXShadowbogiXx
11-02-2017, 10:12 PM
I have the same problem...
I am not even able to cancle the mission or something.:(

GGP_Andy
11-02-2017, 10:23 PM
I have footage of the issue.
Will upload it and return here with a link

UPDATE

Here is the footage of the bug.As you can see, I only have access to a single spear, reloading the checkpoint does nothing, same thing over and over, there is no way to beat the elephant with a spear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gYRLIDO-XY

gnilrigs
11-03-2017, 12:14 AM
Been trying at it for a couple hours to no avail. I got excited when I learned there was a new update but it didn't fix this. I just want to get back to playing and I hope they reply soon.

gnilrigs
11-03-2017, 02:16 AM
So I beat it. I literally just left the game on for 3 hours and it eventually gave me unlimited spears. Sorry I can't give a detailed explanation, because thats all I did.

Ubi-Rufus
11-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Could anyone else confirm that they're still having this issue since yesterdays patch?

vrabzz
11-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Hello. Yes, I'm experiencing the issue right now. The game was updated this morning. Please fix as soon as possible

fearsaint3422
11-03-2017, 02:45 PM
I'm still also having the same issue even after patch, nothing has changed unfortunately.

rawku5123
11-03-2017, 02:51 PM
tried the wait an hour 100 million desync trick and it worked... just afk for an hour and come back with unlimited spears

Ubi-Rufus
11-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Could you clarify what you mean when you say to wait an hour?

Where do you AFK? After starting the mission?

Forsbonden
11-03-2017, 05:51 PM
i still have the issue... after the patch. nothing has change

rawku5123
11-04-2017, 05:57 AM
Yeah start the mission and go shopping for an hour. You'll die and restart over and over again until u get unlimited spears. The spears also stick when the mission completes aswell.

EDIT
SO you end up with 9999999 light bows after this glitch and theyre all sellable... screw u ubi lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN4XWBDJv0w&feature=youtu.be

SPhoton
11-04-2017, 09:42 PM
Having this problem still as well. Going afk does nothing, resetting the checkpoint does nothing, not going to restart the game after 40 hours. If this doesn't get fixed soon im done with this game.

Jeeeeeeeesus
11-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Yes I can confirm that since 1.03 patch I am having the same issue.So i started the mission and i had a bow with like 15 arrows or something.Then after 2-3 deaths i got to the part with the spears just before dying(i knew about that part cause of a youtube walkthrough video).I spawned with 1 spear only and i can't progress.It is impossible for me.Ubisoft please make a hotfix.There has been so many people experiencing the same problem and it is really unpleasant for the assassin's creed fan.As a huge ubi fan and game lover i am really upset over this glitch.I don't want to restart the game and lose all the progress.Please,I beg you Ubi <3!Hotfix pls..(also have 99999999 light arrows in inventory,can't access gear etc.etc..).Thanks in advance!!!

rawku5123
11-05-2017, 12:12 PM
not sure how i got unlimited arrows... im reading all over the interent times vary between 1 hour to over night when it comes to afking the chariot part... I'd suggest just leave the game on and go to sleep and pray that u have unlimited arrows in the morning.

GGP_Andy
11-05-2017, 07:12 PM
I've just sat for two hours trying the AFK method for fixing this problem.
Still no luck with getting this to work.

I'd like to reiterate the problem while bumping the thread.

Problem first arises after desyncing when I had a bow (just after the elephant appeared).

The problem it self is that the bow that I had, is now GONE, replaced by a single spear.

The way the mission is meant to play out according to guides online, suggest that the bow is for taking out guards on horseback. The weapon of choice is then meant to change to unlimited spears for slowing down the elephant. Hold out against the elephant until a cut-scene is triggered.

The problem caused by this bug is that the one spear that is available to me is not enough to hold off the elephant until the cut-scene trigger.

Suggested fixes that I have tried and haven't worked are:
1. AFK workaround - 2 hours and nothing happened.
2. Reload the quest objective - Still no bow (only 1 spear).
3. Quit the game and re-open - Still no bow (only 1 spear).
4. Verify the game files - Still no bow (only 1 spear).

Clarification as to the AFK method
Apparently if the game is run long enough, in an endless loop of desync after desync, your gear has a chance to return.

Is there any news with regards to a guaranteed fix for this?

Kind Regards
GGP_Andy

Jeeeeeeeesus
11-05-2017, 09:53 PM
I installed Infinity(mod) and it helped me fix the issue,try it yourselves.

AlecDelorean
11-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Can't install mods on PS4, so this will not help on consoles. The bug seems to affect all platforms. Patch 1.04 didn't fix anything.

GGP_Andy
11-06-2017, 09:22 PM
According to Ubi-Keo there is a patch for this bug in the works.

My guessing is it will come with 1.05

See thread:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1780587-PS4-Total-Gamebreaker-Defend-Caesar

jzeus_22
11-10-2017, 02:07 AM
So im having this problem with the Julius Caesar mission / Battle of Nile. I dont get a bow even on dialog they talk about shooting them with bow, i only get one spear to throw, then the elephant crushes me. and mission fails, this happens over and over, so im stuck, cant get anywhere at the game. Cant abort the mission or even go to free roam if i wont start a new save. I have 30+ hours in game already

EDIT: Well somehow the elephant glitched for me and soldiers got on its way and it got slower than usual so i managed to do it with one spear, but still this issue should be resolved as soon as possible. (Having my friend stuck on there too)

EDIT 2: 3-4 days and still no clear answer /hotfix/ patch from ubi, keep bumping this thread so they will see that more and more ppl have this problem.

I tried for a few hours after on this mission and just barely made it through. The way I did it was whenever the ear elephant starts chasing you on the chariot, focus the arrows to its left eye and mouth area. This slowed it down slightly long enough so I can get the spears to throw at him. After getting the spears, focus on the same areas. Not sure if it was a glitch, but worked for me. Figured I'd pass it along.

point243
11-10-2017, 02:23 AM
Day number 4 The game "fixes" itself.

Got the same bug the last few days where I can't throw anything else but only 1 spear, tried every day a couple of times in hope that it would correct itself and today
it kinda did.

The elephant that chases you glitched out it ran at me as usual scaring the horses away but 1 horse would'nt move and the elephant got stuck and I was able to flee and continue the misson as usual.

So it's thanks to a glitch that a bug got "solved" but I don't think everyone else is so lucky as I was, so please Ubisoft patch this it's literally destroying the entire experience.

UPDATE: You do end up with 9,999.999 arc bows which is interesting.

nicksbekko89
11-10-2017, 08:40 AM
I am still experiencing the problem as of the 10th of November with the particularity that I spawn with my Predator bow and no arrows whatsoever, and no spear either. I hope this gets patched soon as I would really like to partake in the Trials of Anubis but am locked in a Chariot with Caesar trying to protect him with my sheer will power.

swizzyx
11-10-2017, 11:42 AM
Can confirm the bug is still happening. Spent $ on micro transactions, played over 40+ hours and this is what happens... Devastated would be an understatement. I can't do anything until this is fixed. Currently stuck with this bug & cannot get out of the mission.

AlecDelorean
11-10-2017, 04:14 PM
What's the plan Ubisoft? Are you going to save the weekend with a hotfix (i remember that is what developers usually do to fix hard bugs)? I've never been through something like this, stuck in a game because of a big gamebreaker bug for a whole week.

Martinare1992
11-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Yep waiting for a fix for 3 days now

sadomasochryst
11-11-2017, 09:35 AM
spears? I've been trying to do this quest for past few hours now. I get trampled just as he is saying he has an idea. never once have I been able to throw a spear

daisatronik
11-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Just needed to say I am also experiencing this bug.
47 hours of gameplay lost unless they fix this, I wont be playing it all through again any time soon. Was just about to buy the season pass too

DMT_Prisma
11-12-2017, 01:51 AM
Wanted to get lvl 40 asap so I could complete the Trial of Anubis, but now I have this bug aswell. Singlehandedly stopped me from being able to complete the trial...

daisatronik
11-12-2017, 07:21 AM
Left my game running overnight, woke up to Bayek lying on the ground and the mission beat. If anybody is still having the problem, leave the game running overnight. It MAY fix it.

xFrostii
11-12-2017, 06:40 PM
I made an account just to post here cause I'm having this problem too and can't continue the game. It's been over a week and still no fix. Needs to be fixed yesterday. This game is good but it is ridiculously buggy. Almost unacceptable.

MRissler
11-13-2017, 04:20 AM
After waiting for a week and having invested 50+ hours into the game, I finally game to a solution for the battle of the nile bug-it's called move on to COD WW2 and Shadow of War. Thanks for nothing Ubi.

sfunserver
11-13-2017, 08:31 AM
Hi,

Can't you just give us a Console Command to skip this quest or something ??
At least we can continue gaming this way ...

dosshog
11-14-2017, 09:51 PM
Could anyone else confirm that they're still having this issue since yesterdays patch?
Im still having the issue.

NantesBR
11-15-2017, 03:03 AM
Ubisoft, cant you see everybody problems?
Any pronunciation? Give us a feedback.... FAST!

mb1793
11-15-2017, 10:29 PM
Im also having the same problem. Please fix this bug I spent too much time and money for this game not to work properly!

AlecDelorean
11-16-2017, 10:45 AM
Finally fixed on PS4 with patch 1.05 (after nearly two weeks)

Jakedc88
11-17-2017, 03:48 PM
Have tried every fix people and Ubi recommended. Issue still happening. Severely frustrated that I cannot enjoybthe game I have been waiting to play. Almost ruins the desire to play all together. Can we get this resolved yet?? Itís been weeks!

UbiMorning
11-17-2017, 11:00 PM
Hi there! The PS4 1.05 update (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1787488-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-1-0-5-Patch-Notes-Forums) was released yesterday. For those on PS4, can you try restoring your PS4 licenses (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000025501/General-PS4-Troubleshooting/)or rebuilding your PS4's database (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000025501/General-PS4-Troubleshooting/)? This will not touch your save data. I also recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If that does not help, please make a ticket (http://www.support.ubi.com) regarding the 1.05 PS4 Update. Thanks!

LividHolySteVe
11-19-2017, 11:43 PM

I just got to this mission and am having the same issue. Each time the level starts all I have is one spear and the elephant tramples me before the cutscene. I have tried exiting and reloading the game as well as the last check point which happens to be right before entering the chariot. Any kind of fix would be greatly appreciated.

FreeAREID
11-21-2017, 02:43 AM
I hit this mission today. The elephant spawns basically on top of me. I never get to the part where he pulls out a spear. Pretty much stuck in a death loop.

N_2sb
11-22-2017, 08:47 PM
Is there already a solution for this issue? I'm having the same problem and there doesn't seem to be any update available to fix it. I can't leave the mission either.

Aileyn
12-08-2017, 07:42 AM
My problem is that I keep getting stomped right as Bayek says he's hot an idea. No amount of shooting the elephant on the face stops me from getting stomped. I'm on easy, so it's as low as difficulty can go.

SuperGP
12-23-2017, 12:14 PM
@CathRedfield, here on my PC, playing the latest Steam version of ACO, level medium, that is exactly the same point where it stops for me.

Ziyadgad
12-25-2017, 02:23 AM
Same issue, start off with unlimited arrows, but just as bayek is about "have an idea" I get smashed and de synced. When's this gonna get fixed

Objetc
01-12-2018, 10:53 AM
I suspected this was bugged, but the first time I concentrated on shooting as many arrows as possible, it worked; just keep shooting the elephant in the eye/face area.

Niennesilvain
01-16-2018, 03:09 PM
was playing and enjoying the game until it came time to defend Caesar. it completely skipped out on the mission. One second I'm aiming at a soldier, the next I'm at another loading screen only for it to show I've completed the mission?

I was really looking forward to fighting my first elephant and it completely skipped out on me... and I have no intention on starting a new campaign just to play that missions... please fix this for future players to avoid this level of disappointment

Neyrome
03-13-2018, 01:06 AM
Stucked with this bug too, but after 6-7 retries the following actions suddenly helped me:
- Exit to main menu and return to mission
- When elephant appears, shot him in the face with arrows as much as possible. Somehow this actions slow down elephant and save you to cutscene trigger.
- Shot him in the face with spears.

TrippyMarie2
03-14-2018, 04:28 PM
I have been trying to beat this bAttle of the Nile quest for a few weeks now. I have literally put over 80hours into this and bayek is not switching to spears at all and the war elephant catches up to us in the chariot and desynchronizes me over and over. Please fix this crap bug if not refund me the money, cuz I have put way too much time into this game to not be able to beat it

GhosterHacker
03-17-2018, 03:44 PM
I am also permanently stuck in the bug. I can't get out of the mission to reload - and I can't pass the mission because I don't get a spear. When I press 1 or 2, I can hear the sound of a weapon changing and I can see the spear on his back disappearing and reappearing, but he only ever holds a bow.

I am a huge fan of the AC franchise and this is the saddest thing I've ever seen. Being a "completionist" I like to do everything I can in a game to fully experience all the challenges. But I guess ACO has ended early.

The game just went through another GIANT patch last night and I'm still stuck. Any chance I can get this fixed? I'm towards the end of the game and won't restart it from the beginning for this reason.

Deltabird971
08-27-2019, 12:25 PM
I've been seeing alot of posts on several different sites mentioning this bug, it is extremely game breaking seeing as you cannot leave the quest or return to the world and simply just skip it until its fixed. It has locked my character to this segment of the quest and does not work no matter I've tried to do. This absolutely needs fixed immediately.
Same is happening with me I'm stuck😥

UbiMorning
08-27-2019, 06:40 PM
Hey there! The issue where you got a spear instead of a bow during Battle of the Nile Chariot fight should have been resolved with update 1.1.0. (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1804406) Please make sure your copy of ACO is up to date. If it is, for PC players I recommend verifying your game files. (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000019000/Install-Uninstall-Verify-A-Game-in-Uplay)

Ubi-Swaggins
09-30-2019, 12:27 PM
Hey Deltabird971,

Are you still experiencing these issues after the steps my colleague has posted above?