PDA

View Full Version : Origins needs more 'Assassination Animation' variety

TheSNE4K
11-01-2017, 11:10 PM
The game is good. A definite improvement.

Stealth feels good too.

There is something I would like improved however, Other than the performance dips and cpu usage, the main thing that has kinda bugged me, is doing the exact same stealth kill every time I sneak up behind an enemy.

There are a few animations overall...sure, but it seems nowhere near as many as previous games. And when you think about the amount of specific animations from certain angles (such as directly behind etc) there feels like there's literally 1 or 2 possible animations in some cases that only change depending on if you are crouched or standing/running.

I like to play stealth, but It literally consists of me going up to enemies, grabbing him around the neck with the right arm, and stabbing him in the neck with the wrist blade. The exact same animation every time.

Ive noticed a more 'obscure' one if the enemy is sitting down, he just jabs him in the back. But its rare to find enemies sitting on the floor.

I think it may be partially down to the removal of low and high profile. But there's still no reason why there cant be a larger pool or animations that can be performed.

Before on AC if you just walked up behind an enemy in low profile you would do a very minimal assassination that was barely noticeable, which was cool.
But then you could do a high profile standing still assassination to get a much more involved kill.

I miss the extreme stealth low key hidden blade kills mostly I think. Where it never even felt like you entered an animation at all it was that fast.

Basically it just had some nice variety which now seems to be missing.

There should not be a shortage of these animations to use...i would be more than happy with the same animations from previous games recycled and added in.
I just don't want to keep doing an identical kill every time i use my hidden blade.

Anyway, maybe its just me.

If anyone else feels such a simple thing such as lack of different kills makes stealth allot less interesting let me know.

BLKSHOGUN
11-02-2017, 10:39 AM
It's not just you. I think they put so much effort (money also) into building the overall world, that they couldnt put in more animations. They should definitely patch some in.

Ubi-Keo
11-02-2017, 11:37 AM
The game is good. A definite improvement.

Stealth feels good too.

There is something I would like improved however, Other than the performance dips and cpu usage, the main thing that has kinda bugged me, is doing the exact same stealth kill every time I sneak up behind an enemy.

There are a few animations overall...sure, but it seems nowhere near as many as previous games. And when you think about the amount of specific animations from certain angles (such as directly behind etc) there feels like there's literally 1 or 2 possible animations in some cases that only change depending on if you are crouched or standing/running.

I like to play stealth, but It literally consists of me going up to enemies, grabbing him around the neck with the right arm, and stabbing him in the neck with the wrist blade. The exact same animation every time.

Ive noticed a more 'obscure' one if the enemy is sitting down, he just jabs him in the back. But its rare to find enemies sitting on the floor.

I think it may be partially down to the removal of low and high profile. But there's still no reason why there cant be a larger pool or animations that can be performed.

Before on AC if you just walked up behind an enemy in low profile you would do a very minimal assassination that was barely noticeable, which was cool.
But then you could do a high profile standing still assassination to get a much more involved kill.

I miss the extreme stealth low key hidden blade kills mostly I think. Where it never even felt like you entered an animation at all it was that fast.

Basically it just had some nice variety which now seems to be missing.

There should not be a shortage of these animations to use...i would be more than happy with the same animations from previous games recycled and added in.
I just don't want to keep doing an identical kill every time i use my hidden blade.

Anyway, maybe its just me.

If anyone else feels such a simple thing such as lack of different kills makes stealth allot less interesting let me know.

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying the game.

I will pass on your feedback about the animations in the game to the Assassin's Creed Origins team.

NachoLibre98
11-29-2017, 06:27 PM
First of all I don't get why this subject is almost not talked about. I guess It's manly newcomers to the series that play this game.
It is my number 1 complaint I have about this game, I of course have other things I would like to be changed but since the game overall has improved so much I will only say thank you to Ubisoft for making Assassin's Creed awesome and refreshing.

Now as I said, if there is realy one thing that makes me feel like I'm not playing an AC game at times, is defenitly the extremly low amount of stealth kill animations. It absolutely bugs me and I don't understand this descision. Assassin's Creed IS about assassinations (even Amunet keeps talking about it while we see tons of different kills animations from the newly formed brotherhood at the end of the game), and we get only 1 animation... realy? Just look at all the videos of previeous AC games that are made on youtube, how cool they look with all the different animations there are.
I feel this to be somehow bound to how mediocre the discovery of the hidden blade was in the story :"here you go Bayek there is the blade that killed Xerxes" and that's it go kills stuff now.... What?!?!? Realy? Nothing more to say about it? How did Aya got it, why she likes it, why she think's Bayek needs to use this now? Anything? I kinda feel insulted by how the hidden blade is there only to make us believe we are playing as an assassin.
No depth to the discovery of the blade, and in its use, big disapointement! I only hope there is a contextual reason for this (but haven't heard Ubisoft say anything about why the discovery is so intentionaly vague) and that it's not just lazyness from Ubisoft. That's something that takes my "assassin immersion" out of the game.

Appart from that I pretty much love everything about this game. Bows, mount combat, and even on foot, the parkpour, OMG the parkour is soooo good, don't change it from there on please! I love this game so much, just steps in the right direction all arround, excepet for assassinations ofc :) . I mean you play an assassin ffs ... I don't get it, what ever.

Please make assassinations great again. I'm pretty much stupid to hope that, but it would make sense that assassination animations are coming with the Hiden Ones DLC, which I realy hope it does. Because all my disapointment would then be washed away by a historical and chronological logic that would make Origins even more interesting, and you would feel a real evolution of the Assassin's Brotherhood through Bayek's new skills.

I played every single Assassin's Creed game because this series is realy special to my eyes. So consider this as a lover's wish not a hater's rant.

Thank you Ubisoft for this great refreshing game!