PDA

View Full Version : I have no life so i need info about season 4 asap

Stahlrusse
11-01-2017, 05:10 PM
I need to know everything about season 4, official and inofficial. Give it!

CandleInTheDark
11-01-2017, 05:27 PM
In terms of official, have a roadmap

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_roadmap_road_ahead_news-header_297043.jpg

We know there is a new mode due, tribute, they have said that faction war rules are changing and last turn pushes will no longer be enough, outside that there is no up to date information until the Den tomorrow.

Unofficial, the leaks which have been accurate so far indicate we will be getting the Huntress and the Ronin as characters, take that with a pinch of salt but the conversation these were in is four for four currently.

FredEx919
11-01-2017, 07:28 PM
I need to know everything about season 4, official and inofficial. Give it!

Tune into the Warrior's Den tomorrow for a little taste of what's coming. If you can't make it, check the recap threads. We'll have some cool stuff for ya. :cool:

CandleInTheDark
11-01-2017, 08:56 PM
u call it Roadmap..

i call it Baitmap

Care to tell me where, in terms of season 3, this roadmap is inaccurate or baiting? Just looking at season 3

Duel tournament feature? Check.
Fight system updates? First batch of them and there have been tests on others.
2 new heroes? Check.
2 new maps? Check.
New reputation level cap? Check.
New emotes, executions, outfits and ornaments? Check, still got a couple weeks, check and check.
Regular patches and balancing updates? Had one a month, warlord and centurion nerfs among them, so check.

So other than executions and people who wanted all the fight system stuff yesterday which was never promised in the first place, everything they have said was coming in season 3 has already come to pass. They are still working on dedicated servers but that was never given a hard ETA in any case, they had told us so that we knew they were working on it and it was coming in the future as a we have heard you and we are acting on it thing.

By the by, season 4, we can already tick off new game mode as that has been tested and new heroes, new maps and you can probably count on emotes, outfits and ornaments, since that is all stuff that happens every season.

Stahlrusse
11-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Tune into the Warrior's Den tomorrow for a little taste of what's coming. If you can't make it, check the recap threads. We'll have some cool stuff for ya. :cool:

https://media.tenor.com/images/b936d6d6247faccc87e36d805ef60282/tenor.gif

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 01:00 AM
/e im not gonna explain any further if u going to debate anything.. my opinion dude, but i think im not all alone :)
all the best

Oh fun, an 'I am not engaging further' then an 'everyone says...' to shut down conversation :rolleyes:

Duel tournament feature - its a BETA in a released server, as discussed in other threads/reddit , betas shouldnt be brought to stable version, it should be tested on ptrs. thats what they are for. so i give it half a check because i am a nice guy.

And the roadmap very clearly said before they released it that this was beta, so acting like the devs promised something polished is disingenuous at best.

Fight system updates - ye but massively too slow, game is out for 8+months dude, so again halfcheck

Problem there being they are trying to make a huge meta change. They explained it pretty well in that they want to get this right or as close to right as they can first time. Every time they have made a huge adjustment all at once it has had an outcry against it (revenge) or it legitimately went too far (Valkyrie and Warlord). Putting in what they have tested and testing other things as they go is a way of getting people used to the meta change over time (lowering reactions against it) and ensuring they do not break it going too far the other way.

2new heroes - u can guess.. halfcheck, because releasing over or underpowered bugged charakters is not a release for stable version, so again the beta, ptr blabla ..

And yet most people on here and reddit, some few posts aside, believe that the Gladiator and Highlander are much closer to balanced than the Shinobi and Centurion. For a company that has not made multiplayer fighting games before this one, and are doing something so much different to other fighters out there at that, that is promising progress.

regular patches and balancing updates - waaaay too slow again. so halfcheck

Care to tell me how many other games patch roughly every month? Every patch has made things better over time, they might not be in a perfect state but people need to understand that the game now is in a much better place than the game was in eight months ago.

ChampionRuby50g
11-02-2017, 01:27 AM
Care to tell me how many other games patch roughly every month? Every patch has made things better over time, they might not be in a perfect state but people need to understand that the game now is in a much better place than the game was in eight months ago.

To be fair, every patch has made aspects of the game better, while degrading other parts completely. There are still day 1 issues present in the game. When I group up with friends we have to ask each other if everyone in the group is actually searching for a game or not because oftentimes someone is still in the menu while 3 other people are searching.

They can release a patch every month, but when it takes them a season and a half to nerf one hero after feedback on him every single one of those days, it is slow and poor work.

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 01:38 AM
To be fair, every patch has made aspects of the game better, while degrading other parts completely. There are still day 1 issues present in the game. When I group up with friends we have to ask each other if everyone in the group is actually searching for a game or not because oftentimes someone is still in the menu while 3 other people are searching.

They can release a patch every month, but when it takes them a season and a half to nerf one hero after feedback on him every single one of those days, it is slow and poor work.

Yeah like I said,it is not in a perfect state, there are issues, hopefully dedicated servers fixes the biggest issue in terms of finding and staying in games and there will always be balancing over time. The centurion was a tricky one in all fairness given they do not prioritise 1v1 or 4v4 over the other but try to balance for both. The issue that brings is they could very well have wrecked him in one in the name of fixing him in the other, which is why they went the route of trying to fix crowd control as a whole first.

The game is not perfect and there are day one issues which they are either finding as everyone else does in the case of unlock tech or is part of a longer term fix like dedicated servers and there are other issues like fixing what they need to after removing timesnap, at the same time though there has been a lot more progress than people want to give them credit for. Maybe this game should have been released next february rather than last on servers from the start but I am confident that while the game is not as good as it could be currently, they are working on it to get it there. They have long term plans for the game and I do think it will be a good experience when they get there.

ChampionRuby50g
11-02-2017, 02:10 AM
I was really dissapointed in the lead up. Closed beta Jan 26-29, then open beta Feb 9-12, 2 days before the official release. That is simply not enough time to act on all the beta data and polish the game. They should have waited another month minimum to release the game.