PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie could use some tweaking

MADMAN_SLADE
10-30-2017, 08:23 PM
I've recently been playing Valk lately and I've noticed a few thing. The first thing is that she is suffering the same issue on dodges that Glad had but I'm not surprised they didn't bother fixing her as well. Anyways on to the biggest thing. In my opinion, Valkyrie needs a small buff/moveset change. First off, her moveset feels very limited and she honestly feels like an inferior Gladiator. Second, is her recovery times are really terrible. I can't really think really think of anything else but I would to hear other peoples opinions.

ELDRIX_
10-30-2017, 11:40 PM
Everyone who plays Valk thinks the same.
Everyone who doesn't play Valk doesn't care about her.
And yea there aren't many Valk Mains or people who actually play her,
so Valk gets like close to 0 attention.

I really like your point about her dodge attack that doesn't really dodge most attacks
I noticed that a long time ago, but no one even bothered or the fact that her shoulder pin is blockable
on such a high risk, also with an fixed guard(100 ms dodge delay when switching guard), slow dodges, low damage on shoulder pin(low damage in general) isn't worth doing
(think it's also 25 dmg and doesn't multiply)

ELDRIX_
10-30-2017, 11:44 PM
also we should transfer all the posts about Valkyrie on reddit since no one really cares about ubi forums

SenBotsu893
10-31-2017, 05:38 PM
Everyone who plays Valk thinks the same.
Everyone who doesn't play Valk doesn't care about her.
And yea there aren't many Valk Mains or people who actually play her,
so Valk gets like close to 0 attention.

(think it's also 25 dmg and doesn't multiply)

its more like that only valk mains want ANOTHER buff. and everyone else thinks she is fine after receiving that huge buff she got back in season 1.
leg sweep is still bugged granting a free sweep if the opponend had prior guard change inputs. but valk mains probably think thats fine.
jump into fullblock is not only save but also enables her to regain the last segment of HP while the opponent can only watch and not initiate anything wile she is in fullblock.
is also a way to completley dissable enemy revenge status.
and compared to kenseis superior block on dodge she got away with something that you can actually use in reaction.

never have i seen a Valk in Dominion below a 15/2 KD. her feats give her excelent damage combine that with the fast attacks and disablers and you got yourself a proper fighter.

UbiInsulin
10-31-2017, 07:08 PM
Hey guys! The team is definitely looking at all the original heroes, as mentioned in the last Warrior's Den. I'll be sure to pass on your suggested tweaks along. :)

ChampionRuby50g
11-01-2017, 12:26 AM
its more like that only valk mains want ANOTHER buff. and everyone else thinks she is fine after receiving that huge buff she got back in season 1.
leg sweep is still bugged granting a free sweep if the opponend had prior guard change inputs. but valk mains probably think thats fine.
jump into fullblock is not only save but also enables her to regain the last segment of HP while the opponent can only watch and not initiate anything wile she is in fullblock.
and compared to kenseis superior block on dodge she got away with something that you can actually use in reaction.

never have i seen a Valk in Dominion below a 15/2 KD. her feats give her excelent damage combine that with the fast attacks and disablers and you got yourself a proper fighter.

Have you even played Valkyrie? If you have, then you should know how hard it is to get kills on enemies. There's a reason she's so low down on tier lists. She's also only OP if you're a noob, considering how punishable she is on almost ALL of her moves.

Season 1 was 8 months ago. Do you not think that a lot changes in that time?
You said it's a bug, so yes it should be fixed, and no it's not fine.
You can GB her going into Full Block and she can't tech it. The tackle itself is also fairly easy to dodge and if you block the top light that she could use from shield tackle it's another free GB.

Bloodlust by itself isn't actually that great, and Valk has some weak attacks. It's only strong when coupled with her second feat, gain attack and defence on other hero kills, and that only lasts a short time.

SwellChemosabe
11-01-2017, 01:40 AM
I can't really speak as far as actually playing valk but i do agree that it's very rare to see someone that plays her anymore, let alone has her as a main. however this much i do know:

I game with a guy that plays her and mained her for two seasons and i can barely touch him when we 1v1.

I also played against someone earlier today. guy sucked so bad that i barely had to even use any advanced moves. beat him so bad he stopped half way through our final fight and quit in the middle of an endless march match. There wasn't even anyone else around, just me and him and his skeletons.

so as much as valkryie mains want a buff i'm not sure she's quite in a position to need one. A rework maybe, but not a buff.

ELDRIX_
11-01-2017, 03:19 PM

Ofcourse Valk mains want another Buff since no one else who cares or wants to play her, because she is so bad at High Level where the game should be balanced at.
And literally Her sweep recovery is so Bad you can literally roll away from a sweep mixup walk back and get a free heavy(depens on the distance).
She can be GBd out of Fullblock and the charged sb startup is super slow the reason why Fullblock is so good is because of the distance she creates.

In Dominion even Kensei is decent so yea she has no purpose in 2v2s and in 1v1s she is also mediocore and bad at High Level

bananaflow2017
11-05-2017, 10:11 AM
I can't really speak as far as actually playing valk but i do agree that it's very rare to see someone that plays her anymore, let alone has her as a main. however this much i do know:

I game with a guy that plays her and mained her for two seasons and i can barely touch him when we 1v1.

I also played against someone earlier today. guy sucked so bad that i barely had to even use any advanced moves. beat him so bad he stopped half way through our final fight and quit in the middle of an endless march match. There wasn't even anyone else around, just me and him and his skeletons.

so as much as valkryie mains want a buff i'm not sure she's quite in a position to need one. A rework maybe, but not a buff.

As a valk Main since day 1 I have to say:
The Stuff that will be reworked would result in a buff.
The things i want are:
- no safe gb after a dodge atack
-a dodge atack that dodges atacks
-a light heavy combo ( every good player parries second light. That results in doing 1 light ans turteling again cuz u can fallow up with anything)
-lower recovery time on sweep ( skill is useless and to easy to punish)

Jarl.Felix
11-05-2017, 11:34 AM
As a valk Main since day 1 I have to say:
The Stuff that will be reworked would result in a buff.
The things i want are:
- no safe gb after a dodge atack
-a dodge atack that dodges atacks
-a light heavy combo ( every good player parries second light. That results in doing 1 light ans turteling again cuz u can fallow up with anything)
-lower recovery time on sweep ( skill is useless and to easy to punish)

Is this guy ****ing serious ?=))

bananaflow2017
11-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Is this guy ****ing serious ?=))
Y not? Thats basicly everything they gave kensei last buff....
The sweep is like it is now just a useless skill. Everyone will dodge it and gb you for it.
The only situation where you can use it is the OOS punishment...
Basicly every duell I am facing a good player runs the same way. They just stand there with theire guard in top and waiting for me to come.... just because they know na only engage tool is a dodge atack which only needs to be blocked to gb me. And yes I think a blocked light is no gb worth. Also I think a character should have more possibilities after a light...
But actually I'm just one of the most offensive heroes without an engage tool (not viable) and the curse of the second light that will allways gets parried...

Helnekromancer
11-05-2017, 06:07 PM

Same could be said about Nobushi, run into mains and you get your *** beat but play against an average one and its a cake walk.

Both Heroes have to play almost perfectly just to get a kill because everything you do is predictable and easily parried/dodged.
Nothing is safe on either of these characters.

Not sure if she needs a rework but she definitely need more combos.

ELDRIX_
11-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Same could be said about Nobushi, run into mains and you get your *** beat but play against an average one and its a cake walk.

Both Heroes have to play almost perfectly just to get a kill because everything you do is predictable and easily parried/dodged.
Nothing is safe on either of these characters.

Not sure if she needs a rework but she definitely need more combos.

A really good Nobu will not be predictable, but Nobu lacks openers she can't open up turtles

What Valk lacks are versatile moves, more dmg and openers like 90% of the cast
playing her is just High Risk low reward in every Gamemode