PDA

View Full Version : Modern day

edz0ne
10-30-2017, 04:55 PM
I really got to say. Well done Ubisoft!! I havn't finished the game yet (22h in) but I have to say I'm loving it so far.

The thing that got me most excited was the modern day part. So far it's okay, not as good as Desmonds story but they included it. Which is the only thing I wanted from this game!!

This is a perfect example of why I really think the modern day should ALWAYS stay in the series. (may contain spoilers)
https://youtu.be/W-rbxA-W84c

joshoolhorst
10-30-2017, 06:01 PM
HAHAHAHAH I'm not there yet and it's hilarious bad XDDD

-We don't care about Dee because we have never seen her before in the game her only point of existence is to wake you up that is why she breath, eat and sleep to wake you up just in time to not die XDD.
-We hardly know anything about Layla to begin with there is hardly any connnection between the Templars that attack her and Bayek and Aya. In AC1 there were some parrales between the MD and past so it still felt the same thing, I do personally wish the AC2 opening was AC1's ending after the blood messages reveal.
-HAHAHA OMG Abstergo Guards use bows and arrows the programmers clearly didn't care about making new enemy types even though in the art book so far I know they have guns XD.

DeceivingEric
11-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Alright, I miss the Patrice Désilets area of the franchise, I don't like the way they handled the following Desmond games, I despise what they did with the MD since Black Flag, and I got to say Origins' doesn't redeem them.

There's barely any story. What do I care about that girl's promotion in Abstergo? We barely know her name, only bits of her story and I'm supposed to care about her promotion? While there's a whole secret war next to it? I think I cared more about making that pirate video game in Black Flag per say. And the end just confirmed my worst fear about it.
That Deanna character who start by saying: "Layla? Wakey Wakey". First time I heard her, already hated her.
And about the end, without spoiling it, let's just say this story doesn't accomplish anything, just like the last games. It's supposed to set the base for a follow up story in a sequel, but why aren't they starting the story when the interesting stuff happens? As I said in another thread, AC1 is forgivable since it introduced all the series' concepts, including the modern day. But in the case of Origins, it's been 5 years and 5 games since the story made any progress and they give us another useless story saying it will continue in the sequel? Hell no.

By now, I believe they just don't know how to handle it.

dxsxhxcx
11-01-2017, 09:19 PM
AC1 is forgivable since it introduced all the series' concepts, including the modern day.

Even AC1 accomplished more than the last few titles (dare to say combined).

By now, I believe they just don't know how to handle it.

It's not that they don't know how to handle it, they don't WANT to handle it. They rather alienate (part of) their fanbase by not making us expect much of the MD than tie up loose ends and make us expect more than we should from it, that's my 2 cents.

I'm willing to cut Ubisoft some slack for Origins because as Ashraf said when asked about the MD, HE did listen and brought a playable modern day character (in 3rd person) back BUT if the next game don't put things in motion and (considerably) advance the story forward I'm done with this franchise. I'm tired of playing the fool expecting the next game will be the one where things will actually happen. If only Ubisoft had the balls to drop the MD sequences entirely and make the game only about the historical character, I would feel sad about it because IMO the MD/Historical thing has a lot of potential but at least I wouldn't feel cheated like I do game after game. I get it, you (Ubisoft) don't want to invest more on the MD, I honestly get it, so get rid of it, some people will get mad, others will leave but you at least will get some respect for stopping treating part of your costumers like fools profiting from their (foolish) expectations.

joshoolhorst
11-02-2017, 04:45 AM
Even AC1 accomplished more than the last few titles (dare to say combined).

It's not that they don't know how to handle it, they don't WANT to handle it. They rather alienate (part of) their fanbase by not making us expect much of the MD than tie up loose ends and make us expect more than we should from it, that's my 2 cents.

I'm willing to cut Ubisoft some slack for Origins because as Ashraf said when asked about the MD, HE did listen and brought a playable modern day character (in 3rd person) back BUT if the next game don't put things in motion and (considerably) advance the story forward I'm done with this franchise. I'm tired of playing the fool expecting the next game will be the one where things will actually happen. If only Ubisoft had the balls to drop the MD sequences entirely and make the game only about the historical character, I would feel sad about it because IMO the MD/Historical thing has a lot of potential but at least I wouldn't feel cheated like I do game after game. I get it, you (Ubisoft) don't want to invest more on the MD, I honestly get it, so get rid of it, some people will get mad, others will leave but you at least will get some respect for stopping treating part of your costumers like fools profiting from their (foolish) expectations.

Let's see what AC1 established just out of my head right now.
-The Templars still exist to this date in time
-We learn that the Assassin's are weaker now
-It worked with the theme of the game about breaking illusions and question everything around us
-We got introduced to the Animus and genetic memory
-The emails related to Abstergo, Pieces of Eden, the World etc (Layla's emails were about Otso Berg using her ****ing parkingslot 10/10 - IGN).
-Desmond, Lucy, Warren Vidic and they are all dead now but served a purpose into the lore and story.
-Warren and Desmond paralel Al Mualim and Altair.
-Subject 16 blood messages
-Bleeding Effect
-Good sequel bait that had a sequel

Now let's see the other games after AC3
-AC4: Abstergo loves video games and Juno is not released and Sages
-AC Unity: Destroys almost the entire concept of the sages in my honest opinion and... Stuff and things
-AC Syndicate: Shaun is getting depressed, Galina makes her first fysical appearence into the game series and Rebecca was shot... They could've been replaced by anyone into the story
-AC Rouge: Nothing interesting really
-AC Origins: Playable MD that... Is boring... A new Animus and no story really could careless what is about to happen to Layla hell she wants to impress the company that she despises GET ANOTHER JOB IDIOT!

I personally don't think they get much hate for killing Modern Day at this moment, not only do the casuel gamers not care but Modern Day fans and first civ fans or just any of the lore fans are years at the point of just killing it with a injection it's so unbearable as of right now that it not only makes the story suffer but just UGH!!
I am not going to buy the next game and not only because it will just be a filler story anyway but the historical sections now are such a bore written to! I have nobody seen praising the historical segments from 2014 and onwards except Origins but I don't learn a damn in that game.
They already ruined the Origin of the Brotherhood to begin with and the historical segments have no creative plot behind them this is really my last game I might just buy Last Descendants 3 and be done with it.