PDA

View Full Version : Game Breaking Crash During May Amun Walk Beside You

TheAkomplice
10-28-2017, 03:44 AM
Like the title says, it's a game breaking issue. The game crashed during "May Amun Walk Beside You" main quest. Now the main quest line is completely unavailable.

To the person who asked if OP backed his save files in the cloud, I did. Here's the issue with that, AC Origins overwrites your save file so it is just one. It's not like the Witcher 3, or any other large open world RPG like game made in the last 10 years. So there is no going back, no reloading an old save.

I've done everything I can think of from restarting my PS4, deleting my save file from the console and re-downloading it from PS+. I even tried deleting AC Origins and re-downloading it from my library. I'm open to any suggestions if anyone has any?

I'm only a little over 6 hours in after exploring Siwa and doing everything I could do. For anyone else, if this happens to you when you are 10, 20, or 30 hours in, you will lose everything you have done. I even tried to travel to other locations on horseback to see if I could trigger something in the main quest line. No luck because after watching some gameplay of the "May Amun Walk Beside You" quest, after the cut scene you are in the present day. So there is pretty much nothing you or I or anyone else who eventually runs into this game breaking bug can do but start over.

This is a game breaking issue in a long list of bugs and glitches this game has. This is absolutely pathetic considering everything we saw with Unity, I really didn't expect this many problems. It's very disappointing, I guess I will play Wolfenstein or something because the idea of erasing my save file and starting over right now is pretty infuriating. Get it together Ubisoft, this is garbage.

Like I said, please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,

- A

FoofyCake
10-28-2017, 03:15 PM
I have the exact same problem.. Tried the same as you did. Nothing worked..

I hope someone knows something to fix this.

stefanberg77
10-28-2017, 11:13 PM
Same problem nere 😣

pmak99
10-29-2017, 02:56 PM
Had the same thing happen to me as well. So frustrating

stefanberg77
10-29-2017, 04:14 PM
I replayed the game after deleting the save file. Now it works.

nycst8ofmynd
10-30-2017, 12:11 AM
You guys better fix this crap this is non sense. i cant freaking leave siwa, ive traveled the entire map by horse. im freaking 11 hours in and i synched every ******* viewpoint and am at lvl 15. ive bought every damn ac game since ac 1. If you think im starting this game over from scratch youre out your mind. ill be returning this buggy pos. patch it immediately!

K4vKazec
10-30-2017, 04:53 PM
I am 31 hours in to the game and my game crashed at the start of the quest Fall of an Empire,Rise of another during cutscene. I restarted the game now there are no objectives nothing showing me how to continue the quest. I literally cant do anything in the game expect do the side quests. This also happend to me to me in a side quest when I was around 10 hours in to the game but I didnt really pay attention to that because It was a side mission I just continued with another one. But now on the main quest It became a game breaking problem. I dont want to restart whole game again. Especially after doing tons of side quests. Totally I have done more 80 quests and unlocked lots of legendary gear!!!!!!!

CJ_GhostLeader
10-30-2017, 05:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iZuKuo4Ijg&t=236s In the comments section of that video I have posted steps to possibly fix your game crashes of A.C Origins. This may help those with online codes of the game as well. Please let me know in the reply's of my channel if it works. Thank-you.

Sirhenryi2012
10-30-2017, 09:40 PM
Had the same thing happen to me as well.

poonyhooman
10-31-2017, 12:39 PM
Like others on this list, I've invested a lot of time into AC:O and was about to depart for Alexandria via the "May Anum Walk Beside You" quest when the game crashed and is now completely blocked; I can't proceed at all.

Regardless of the time, I've spent more than £100 on this title and don't expect this level of amateur service from it. The same thing happened with Unity.

I can't find an official response anywhere from Ubisoft - when are they planning on fixing this? Does anyone know?

I'm furious that this is becoming the norm with Ubi games, not the exception.

The fact that they don't address the feedback with a statement of how they intend to fix it is all the more irritating (as well as showing contempt for their customers).

WTF is the plan?

theonlylazer
10-31-2017, 05:38 PM
Same thing just happened to me just now.

Game crashed during the loading screen after the May Anum Walk Beside You mission and when I reloaded, I have no main missions.

Stuck in Siwa, can't do a thing except kill birds for fun.

Didn't pay money for the Deluxe Edition just to kill birds.

Sirhenryi2012
11-01-2017, 10:05 PM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1773724-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-Known-Issues-UPDATED-Oct-28

See the last Update Okt.31.

hiphiporay
11-02-2017, 04:39 AM
It happened to me too. The quest was supposed to take me to Alexandria but it crashed and I reloaded in Siwa with no active quests. Ubisoft needs to fix this!!!

Ubi-Rufus
11-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone,

The patch notes (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1778695) from today's update specify that this issue is being addressed.

The relevant information is:
"Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite loading after completing "May Amun Walk Beside You" quest"

nycst8ofmynd
11-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Awesome, thank you for this!

Obsequiium
11-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Hi everyone,

The patch notes (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1778695) from today's update specify that this issue is being addressed.

The relevant information is:
"Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite loading after completing "May Amun Walk Beside You" quest"

I have the new patch downloaded and I still don’t the the quest “Aya” available yet. I traveled to Alexandria to see if I could trigger it and nothing. I’m a level 15 now and even bought Helix credits so I don’t want to start a new game. Has the patch worked for anyone who also had the game crash after “May Amun Walk Beside You”?

Sirhenryi2012
11-02-2017, 06:21 PM
I have the new patch downloaded and I still don’t the the quest “Aya” available yet. I traveled to Alexandria to see if I could trigger it and nothing. I’m a level 15 now and even bought Helix credits so I don’t want to start a new game. Has the patch worked for anyone who also had the game crash after “May Amun Walk Beside You”?

The same happened to me. After installing the Patch 1.03 zur Quest still not work.
There ist still no Mainquest.

ansonlam1027
11-02-2017, 10:31 PM
I am 31 hours in to the game and my game crashed at the start of the quest Fall of an Empire,Rise of another during cutscene. I restarted the game now there are no objectives nothing showing me how to continue the quest. I literally cant do anything in the game expect do the side quests. This also happend to me to me in a side quest when I was around 10 hours in to the game but I didnt really pay attention to that because It was a side mission I just continued with another one. But now on the main quest It became a game breaking problem. I dont want to restart whole game again. Especially after doing tons of side quests. Totally I have done more 80 quests and unlocked lots of legendary gear!!!!!!!

I had the same problem. I played for AC for 45 hours, and crashed on the final mission Fall of an Empire,Rise of another. The mission should be started automatically. But, I do not start the mission. And there are not any mission point for me to start the mission. After update the 1.03. There are no different in my situation. Can Ubisoft team fix this problem?

I also got the season pass for dlc. But, how can me enjoy the game and the dlc if I can’t finish my main story of the game.

Please fix it ASAP!

Charlottelj3
11-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Ubi Rufus, when attempting the quest may amun walk beside you, I speak to hepzefa and a red box saying cannot progress ACO, its not fully installed pops up. It is fully installed and no downloads are taking place, any help would be appreciated.

JayBlacky92
11-06-2017, 03:26 AM
Ubi Rufus, when attempting the quest may amun walk beside you, I speak to hepzefa and a red box saying cannot progress ACO, its not fully installed pops up. It is fully installed and no downloads are taking place, any help would be appreciated.

I am have the same trouble with the game i have even tried uninstalling it and its still coming up with the red box saying not installed properly

Ass4ssinL0rd999
11-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Updated the game with the latest patch available, i.e., V1.04. Still getting stuck at the same location in the quest "May Amun Be with You". Getting the same message which says "This feature isn't installed yet. Please wait for Assassin's Creed Origins to install completely and try again." I have a physical disc of ACO - Deluxe Edition and there is no installation going in the background as well.

Please try fixing this ASAP.

SlapaHoeTexas
11-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Ever time I talk to amUn it tells me the games features cannot be access but the games fully downloaded with patch can anyone help me