PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something in the intro?

Sotataito
10-27-2017, 11:45 AM
The game start is seriously confusing. First there's the Pharaoh riding an elephant to Siwa Oasis which seems a bit idyllic at the moment. That one dude's family and what not. Then there's some eye-balling of the guys in masks, and suddenly we're with this beardy guy in a temple or tomb and some masked *****. ***** gets it, and then the game starts with fighting some random dudes. Wait, what?

Did the intro cut off, is there a bug or something, because I can't make head or tails of the storyline. Who am I again, and why do I hunt the masked dudes? It doesn't help that the characters speak so bad 'oriental' English that for the first time I had to use subtitles to understand the dialogue.

CliveVLewis
10-27-2017, 11:52 AM
No that's how it starts off. You need to play through a little more to understand it. It's like flashbacks. I'm not going to spoil the intro any more for you. But, that's how the game starts.

Sotataito
10-27-2017, 01:35 PM
Ok, thanks Clive. I must say I am not a fan of the intro, as it doesn't make any sense to me. There's really no narrative, and the two scenes seem completely unrelated. Of course, by taking a look at the game menu, you quickly see these four targets and it says you need to waste them, but this makes the intro even more absurd. It doesn't say WHY. It's one thing to have a mystery, but you should at least have a premise for it - which in this case is completely untold. But I guess it comes later.

Am I the only one it bothers no end?:confused:

CliveVLewis
10-27-2017, 01:40 PM
Hey Sotataito, "Am I the only one it bothers no end?" I GUESS SO :p

See the plot is in such a way that it shows the past and then the present

The 4 targets will have their own cutscenes to understand why.

So it's better you play than dig into it and spoil your game suspense.

Also, The suspense should be a driving point

joshoolhorst
10-27-2017, 02:37 PM
Ok, thanks Clive. I must say I am not a fan of the intro, as it doesn't make any sense to me. There's really no narrative, and the two scenes seem completely unrelated. Of course, by taking a look at the game menu, you quickly see these four targets and it says you need to waste them, but this makes the intro even more absurd. It doesn't say WHY. It's one thing to have a mystery, but you should at least have a premise for it - which in this case is completely untold. But I guess it comes later.

Am I the only one it bothers no end?:confused:

Me to I have no ****ing clue what's going on.

naumaan
10-27-2017, 05:07 PM
the stories which have more suspense are basically masterpieces, and from what i ve seen from walkthroughs ,,, its a brilliant masterpiece, having deja vu from memento kind of movies

bitebug2003
10-27-2017, 05:16 PM
Moved to the Spoiler Forum

strigoi1958
10-27-2017, 06:23 PM
I skip every cut scene so I never know what is going on... but you will find some cut scenes cannot be skipped so you will definitely know what the beginning is about when you get to those parts :)

naumaan
10-28-2017, 08:32 AM
I skip every cut scene so I never know what is going on... but you will find some cut scenes cannot be skipped so you will definitely know what the beginning is about when you get to those parts :)

I like a good story and I like to watch each and everyone, that gives me an idea about what I am doing after the cutscenes, to each his own choice I guess ... Enjoy yourself buddy. I am on patience mode .. lol

Sotataito
10-28-2017, 11:58 AM
Suspense is good, no one claims otherwise, and the game looks like to be a masterpiece. However, the intro IMHO doesn't not creat suspense or mystery, unless you mean the WTF feeling you get watching it? It's disjointed and illogical I think. And it doesn't help in getting into the role of the protagonist. But I will get over it, and just play the game, as has been pointed out, things will be explained later.