PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalled WinXP and RavenShield now doesn't recognize CD2!!!

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 06:40 PM
Hi all,
I've had no problems with my retail version CD2 being detected correctly on previous installations, but this time I get an "Insert CD2" error message every time!

I am using a SONY CD/RW drive but it has always worked before and now even my other DVD drive won't recognize CD2!!! I tried reinstalling the game again, but same problem! What gives???

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 06:40 PM
Hi all,
I've had no problems with my retail version CD2 being detected correctly on previous installations, but this time I get an "Insert CD2" error message every time!

I am using a SONY CD/RW drive but it has always worked before and now even my other DVD drive won't recognize CD2!!! I tried reinstalling the game again, but same problem! What gives???

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention - This happens with versions 1.2 and 1.3 - where 1.2 worked fine previously, so it probably isn't patch-related!

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 07:23 PM
Yeah same problem for me. I was going to play some RS today but then the insert disc2 appeared. I haven't played for some weeks and i have reinstalled WinXP (no formatting) once during those weeks..

I have a SONY dvd-rom

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 10:52 PM
don't do this again, it violates the TOS for the forum and you will be banned
DayGlow,moderator

Message Edited on 07/19/0310:00AM by DayGlow

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 11:39 PM
No, If I have paid for the game I won't download cracks all other crap it might infect your system with.
If i can't get the game to work again, i will just return it in get a new game for free... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

though i really want this game to work http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 10:11 PM
when you insert cd 2 wait about 10 seconds make sure it has settled before clicking ok

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Here's what I did:
- Downloaded CloneCD
- Made a image of the cd and saved it to my harddrive
- Downloaded Daemon Tools and loaded the image in there

Now I dont have to worry about any cd, slow startups etc.
100% legal
CloneCD is shareware
Daemon Tools is freeware

Search on google for both of em.

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 04:42 PM
Give this a read dunderheads.

RULES OF CONDUCT

In addition to the limitations set forth above, you will violate the Terms of Use if you in Ubi's sole discretion (or others using your Account) do any of the following:
Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Communications or content that is illegal.

Harass, threaten, embarrass, or stalk or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another Member or Guest.
Post content or send Communications of any form impugning someone's race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, political beliefs, or ethnic heritage.
Transmit or facilitate distribution of content or Communications that are harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable.
Post or communicate "Hate speech."
Organize or form or attempt to organize or form any groups online and/or among other Members or Guests based on slanderous or hate philosophies.
Modify any part of the Sites and/or Software without the prior written consent of Ubi.

Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms or within Software that include chat functionality with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, or flooding [posting repetitive text].
Impersonate another person (including celebrities), impersonate a Ubi employee or a representative of Ubi, attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent Ubi or any of Ubi's partners or affiliates.
Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from Ubi servers or otherwise acquire a password, street address, credit card numbers, account information, or any other private information from a Member or any other user on the Sites.
Give false information or intentionally hide any information that is required by the Sites or the Software.
Share your account password with anyone and/or sell, assign or otherwise transfer to any third party your account with or without consideration.
Do not follow the instructions of authorized personnel on the Sites.
Upload or distribute any software or content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.
Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
Upload files that contain a virus or corrupted data.
Post Communications for any purpose other than personal communication, or transmit advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or make any commercial use of our Sites.
Improperly use the in game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to Ubi staff members.
Violate the terms of use of third party tools, interactive service providers, state, local, federal laws, or foreign or international law where appropriate.
Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
Restrict or inhibit any other Member or user from using and enjoying the communication features on the Sites.

"Its better to burn up, than fade away "