PDA

View Full Version : Is there a place for raids in for honor?

ttrat
10-26-2017, 09:06 PM
Hey Gang,

I was just wondering if others think that For Honor could support some kind of "Raid" game mode, in terms of its design and current state. For Honor has obviously been geared more towards the competitive scene, but would having a longer and significantly more challenging coop mode have potential to draw in new players/bring back old players?

Imagine a 4P coop series of complex goals and challenging enemies.

This seemed like a really interesting idea to me, that could help the game skirt some of it's larger complaints (perhaps not connectivity, but in terms of balance), by simply pushing players toward a common goal. This would have huge appeal to me personally, but I'm not sure if the mechanics lend themselves particularly well to this style of mode.

Thoughts?

DoctorMcBatman
10-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Many people (including myself) have suggested something like this. The suggestion has seemingly either fallen on deaf ears, or mute mouths.

There is so much opportunity for interesting and interactive game-modes with FH, given the game's content/concept. But I don't think we'll see anything like this in the game (too many other issues needing addressing). Certainly not soon.

Netcode_err_404
10-26-2017, 09:24 PM
They cannot even do properly 4v4, lol. Lets not even talk about sieges or raids.

ttrat
10-26-2017, 09:26 PM
Season 5: Reassess & Pivot

One can hope...

ttrat
10-26-2017, 09:28 PM
They cannot even do properly 4v4, lol. Lets not even talk about sieges or raids.

Honestly, I think it's time to talk about it. Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty exhausted with 4v4. I'm fine leaving it broken to trade for something new. Hell, even something new that's broken.

DoctorMcBatman
10-26-2017, 09:29 PM
Honestly, I think it's time to talk about it. Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty exhausted with 4v4. I'm fine leaving it broken to trade for something new. Hell, even something new that's broken.

A new mode called "Tribute" should be showing up soon, S4 I guess. I didn't play it on PTS, and as far as I can tell, it received mixed reviews. Someone who played can chime in, but I believe it is a combination of Dominion/CTF?

ttrat
10-26-2017, 09:35 PM
A new mode called "Tribute" should be showing up soon, S4 I guess. I didn't play it on PTS, and as far as I can tell, it received mixed reviews. Someone who played can chime in, but I believe it is a combination of Dominion/CTF?

Oh right. I had forgotten about this but do remember seeing something in an article a couple weeks back. Looks interesting, and I DID enjoy the Dominion mixup they did for Halloween. I didn't mean to make it sound as if there were absolutely nothing new on the horizon, which isn't fair since the dev folks are introducing new modes n' such. However, I still don't think it's enough of a change, i.e. more coop focused modes. But good point.

CandleInTheDark
10-26-2017, 09:35 PM
I doubt it has fallen on deaf ears, the devs said they have long term plans, long term plans that necessitate the dedicated servers they are working on. The thing is until they have those servers and they are working right, something that long and that complex is not feasible by any stretch of the imagination.

As you mentioned there are connection issues, so you go on a raid,get halfway through and...oh damn half the team leaves. While being with three others PvE is more stable than 4v4 PvP, it is still not guaranteed. Add in that it would need a fair bit of detail shared between the computers on the network...and well there is a reason they toned down level of detail a while back.I don't know if they have anything PvE planned, but people have said they want the same forPvP and I would imagine this is why their first PvP addition was something that is relatively simple and can end relatively quickly

In the current state, until servers are in, it is best to play safe.

Netcode_err_404
10-26-2017, 09:39 PM

As lomg as the gameplay will reward beeing completely passive, duel and others 1v1 modes are dead and buried. Infact nobody plays duel, brawl, or elimination.

Lets wait this majestic def patch that community is waiting since s1

UbiJurassic
10-26-2017, 10:11 PM
We've certainly seen the similar suggestions before and we love hearing the ideas players share about the prospective modes that could be brought to the For Honor universe. While the inclusion of such a mode may be unlikely, we've made sure to share the idea over to the team for their consideration. The team consistently has quite a bit on their plate, but perhaps in the future you'll see the inclusion of a new mode that will catch your eye.

ttrat
10-26-2017, 10:45 PM
We've certainly seen the similar suggestions before and we love hearing the ideas players share about the prospective modes that could be brought to the For Honor universe. While the inclusion of such a mode may be unlikely, we've made sure to share the idea over to the team for their consideration. The team consistently has quite a bit on their plate, but perhaps in the future you'll see the inclusion of a new mode that will catch your eye.

Groovy, thanks for the reply! Under no delusions that something like this would be coming anytime soon, I'm sure the dev team is mega-swamped. Many of us hope that the "powers that be" don't abandon For Honor amidst the sea of criticisms and recognize there's huge potential for this IP. Very excited to see what the future holds if the dev team would truly consider broadening For Honor's scope down the road.

Stahlrusse
10-27-2017, 08:35 AM
As long as this is not some MMORPG-Style Bossfights where you slash into a boss for 10 minutes using the exact same abilities in the exact same order, then I am ok with this.

Corvy
10-27-2017, 11:22 AM
im still waiting for modes likes the bf1 ones.