PDA

View Full Version : Samurai season rewards

gabe_woods
10-26-2017, 06:17 PM
Watched this mornings WD thinking they were gonna bring something up about how bad the samurai got **** on considering our 1 ornmanent as opposed to knights 3 ornaments this time around and a exclusive outline? Well to my surprise they just sweeped the whole ordeal under the rug and didn't say a word about how terrible our rewards were or bring up a way to compensate for it. Any word on this or????

Ulrichvonbek111
10-26-2017, 06:31 PM
Yes I noticed the one responsible was sheepishly quite.
They look of embarrassment was a picture.
Even with hours to prepare for their appearance on today's show at the time of the Faction War reportit was impossible to for them to hide their guilt.
Yes my friend you are right to bring this up.
How quick they rattled through the report,,they actually gave the Knights very little appraisals on their victory just so they could get out of shot.
I bet that the amount of posts sent to them as they were discussing the outcome about the ornament issue were numerals..You could read this on their sheepish faces,,so obvious.

Congratulations to the Knights.

K3NDOWOLF
10-26-2017, 06:42 PM
The samurai faction got screwed, pure and simple.

Season 1: Vikings win and get a whole bunch of stuff, one ornament for each hero
Season 2: Samurai win, get 1 ornament so that it's "recognisable" and will therefore be this way from now on
Season 3: Knights win, and get 3 ornaments (if i'm not mistaken), being "recognisable" is no longer important

In what state of drunkenness can they think that this is fair for the samurai?

Vakris_One
10-26-2017, 07:34 PM
The samurai faction got screwed, pure and simple.

Season 1: Vikings win and get a whole bunch of stuff, one ornament for each hero
Season 2: Samurai win, get 1 ornament so that it's "recognisable" and will therefore be this way from now on
Season 3: Knights win, and get 3 ornaments (if i'm not mistaken), being "recognisable" is no longer important

In what state of drunkenness can they think that this is fair for the samurai?
Yep.

SangLong524
10-26-2017, 07:34 PM
I think the customers( that's us) in general, want more practical stuffs. I don't appreciate eating their words of "subjective", "recognizable" or whatever that has nothing to do with me. Leave these intangible ideals to people who want it to buy it, like "honor". I don't like to be fed with the concept "less is more" after months of forced effort. It's not like we can withdraw our participation in the FW.
Frankly, this is the first time I encountered such unprofessional ethic from a big company. Equality needs to be upheld and respected. at least try to. Ugly or pretty is indeed subjective. However, 1 is definitely objectively less than 3 and 12. This is elementary math. The one decided that "less is more" should go back to school.
If they want to play with their shifting seasonal ideals, then do those beta tests that we often get invited. F*** it up behind closed door and see how it goes. Keep it out of the general public unless it's well received.
Don't they get bothered by the crying scrubs, the righteously annoyed and death threads here? I kinda feel bad for the mods. :)

Vakris_One
10-26-2017, 07:52 PM
I think the customers( that's us) in general, want more practical stuffs. I don't appreciate eating their words of "subjective", "recognizable" or whatever that has nothing to do with me. Leave these intangible ideals to people who want it to buy it, like "honor". I don't like to be fed with the concept "less is more" after months of forced effort. It's not like we can withdraw our participation in the FW.
Frankly, this is the first time I encountered such unprofessional ethic from a big company. Equality needs to be upheld and respected. at least try to. Ugly or pretty is indeed subjective. However, 1 is definitely objectively less than 3 and 12. This is elementary math. The one decided that "less is more" should go back to school.
Shafting the S2 winners on the number of unique ornaments perhaps could have worked out if that 1 ornament actually reflected the style of the winner's faction. The Samurai won Season 2 so they could have maybe tailored the ornament to look vaguely like something the Samurai faction would wear. If they really wanted to go for "recognisable".

Instead the Death's Head ornament looks like something only the Knight faction would wear in addition to the S2 winners getting screwed on the basic maths of the Season 1 and Season 3 awards.

For Season 4 they should just show us all a picture of the ornaments we'll be expected to fight for. At least then nobody would feel cheated if they don't like what they get from what has so far been a completely random lucky dip bag presented to the winners.

SangLong524
10-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Shafting the S2 winners on the number of unique ornaments perhaps could have worked out if that 1 ornament actually reflected the style of the winner's faction. The Samurai won Season 2 so they could have maybe tailored the ornament to look vaguely like something the Samurai faction would wear. If they really wanted to go for "recognisable".

Instead the Death's Head ornament looks like something only the Knight faction would wear in addition to the S2 winners getting screwed on the basic maths of the Season 1 and Season 3 awards.

For Season 4 they should just show us all a picture of the ornaments we'll be expected to fight for. At least then nobody would feel cheated if they don't like what they get from what has so far been a completely random lucky dip bag presented to the winners.

Season 2 reward was an extremely suspicious thing. I don't think they wait all the time till season end to start design it. Best case, It might be the product some sort of obsolete forecast model of theirs. Worse case, the whole thing is rigged (I swear I'm not lending voice to the conspiracy theory) and the fallout was a nasty surprise.
I suppose for season 4, your idea may work. Or just give us crates, hold off ornaments to specifically tailored for the victor and give them when next season start. I want to gloat by adorning new heroes. No point wearing them when the losers are sulking somewhere else.
Wait, why don't they give effects or emotes as a reward? They seem to be more invested than drawing these ornaments and paintings. Most of their paintings on any parts are unapealling anyway.

CandleInTheDark
10-26-2017, 08:32 PM
Honestly I am not happy with this and wasn't when I saw the rewards on my reward screen. I can understand why they did this, I think it means the ornament, with a common centrepiece, fits all of the heroes better because the stuff around the centrepiece makes sense, it isn't something only a knight or only a samurai would wear. I get it, in terms of concept I like it but they need to learn that when they change things up they are going to upset people who were short changed and that just dropping it on them is going to make it worse. They need to pick one format and stick to it, or tell us they are not and why they are not beforehand.

On here and on reddit, people started saying something was up when they first started talking about the ornaments, Noty said here that the format would be the same (and I 100% believe that was true to the best of her knowledge), I repeated that here and on reddit and I truly do believe the samurai have a reason to be annoyed.

What Bio said about the faction war system itself today was promising, it sounds like potentially it will be more rewarding just winning it in itself, but they are not going to keep people invested in it by pulling things like this and honestly I am disappointed that three months later here we are with rewards again.

TSCDescon
10-26-2017, 09:45 PM
Pfft...

Some ornaments that you actually use steel to buy is way better than the ****ty ornaments you get from winning the FW.

Speaking of the samurai faction, WTH is with the fish ornaments for the outfits lately? We got, fish on a cloud, mr. crab, fish face, and octopus choking two fishes.

Helnekromancer
10-26-2017, 10:52 PM
Pfft...

Some ornaments that you actually use steel to buy is way better than the ****ty ornaments you get from winning the FW.

Speaking of the samurai faction, WTH is with the fish ornaments for the outfits lately? We got, fish on a cloud, mr. crab, fish face, and octopus choking two fishes.

Oh don't get me started, Nobushi has koi fish, puffer fish, sea turtles, octopus, and twin crabs. And those are default ornaments xD. Eh it's whatever I'm forever satisfied with Cat Ears. ^^

UbiJurassic
10-26-2017, 11:33 PM
The team definitely knows that the rewards for Season 2 were a letdown for many. The reason the faction rewards changed again this season was because of that feedback. We aren't looking to make changes to intentionally shaft certain factions, but rather give players rewards that better signify their faction's achievement for the given season. Regarding concerns on whether the format changes again going forward, I'll be sure to forward the concerns to the team and see if we can provide clarification for the future.

What may help though is to provide feedback that I can show them regarding the current format. Are the rewards given this season better than the last season? Would you be interested in seeing the current format carry on into future seasons? If not, how can we look to reasonably meet the expectation of the season rewards? Answering questions like this will not only allow the community team to better present the issue, but also the potential solutions to it.

gabe_woods
10-26-2017, 11:54 PM
First off I think that the samurai should be compensated for season 2 regardless of anything. But besides that yea I like the way the season rewards went this year. More loot boxes and personally the outline that samurai got this time around is really nice looking but if I were to recommend a season reward it would go back to season 1 where very hero got a specific ornament related to their character.

CandleInTheDark
10-27-2017, 12:10 AM
What may help though is to provide feedback that I can show them regarding the current format. Are the rewards given this season better than the last season? Would you be interested in seeing the current format carry on into future seasons? If not, how can we look to reasonably meet the expectation of the season rewards? Answering questions like this will not only allow the community team to better present the issue, but also the potential solutions to it.

I think that the rewards this season are leaps and bounds better than last season because from what I could see, the ornament the samurai got looked like it was designed with the knight characters in mind, this way there is still a recognisable season reward, which is a step up from season one, I actually liked that change and would not have complained had the knights won season 2, and the ornaments all look like they fit the character that they were meant for,

While I was one of those saying it wasn't feasible to give everyone the viking reward and the vikings their own season 1 reward, I do think that, if possible, it would be a show of good faith to design two more ornaments with the season 2 theme and replace the samurai and viking ornaments of anyone who has them unlocked with the new ones. While I understand that their feedback was what brought about a very real improvement, it feels like, from the perspective of an outsider to their faction, that they got the shaft.

And I cannot say this enough, the problem, in my opinion, is not that the rewards changed, or not the biggest problem anyhow, it was a very real step towards a better scheme, it is the fact that this came out of the blue again. I remember a month or so ago there were some samurai very up in arms over perceptions that the new ornament would be better and I was one of those that said progress happens, but the devs had Noty reassuring them that the format had not changed, that 'cooler' as Bio had said, was a subjective thing. I copy and pasted that onto a reddit thread with Noty's blessing (if after the fact)and honestly it feels like they were lied to,not by Noty, but by the fact that she did not have the right information to give. My first thought when I saw the outlines was not ooh these are pretty (and they are),it was oh my god they have done it again and it should not be that way.

Ulrichvonbek111
10-27-2017, 01:11 AM
The team definitely knows that the rewards for Season 2 were a letdown for many. The reason the faction rewards changed again this season was because of that feedback. We aren't looking to make changes to intentionally shaft certain factions, but rather give players rewards that better signify their faction's achievement for the given season. Regarding concerns on whether the format changes again going forward, I'll be sure to forward the concerns to the team and see if we can provide clarification for the future.

Without any disrespect you know fine well that the season 3 rewards for the winners was far better than season two's.
All this season I have brought this to your attention that the Samurai reward was unwitting yet many many times yourself and others told me to move on,
Well now it has risen its head again the matter of the poor,lame and blatantly bull excuse given for the Samurai reward.
How dare you even consider asking for an opinion when you all know fine well the trouble you have caused.
This as I've stated many times is a slap in the face of the playerbase that you think that the bull passed on washes.
If you continue to bull then yes your game shall die for you cannot be trusted..
When I use the word "You" I cover all responsible for the verbal crap dished out expecting us to swallow gladly.
Now do right to the Samurai faction and rectify the poxy injustice committed against them.
It was written all over their faces during FW update on Warriors Den the contempt and indeed the knowledge that their bull shall wash no longer..
NOW GET THIS SORTED FOR IT'S A DISGRACE.
YOU HAVE THE POWER AND TOOLS TO FIX IT I SUGGEST ASAP

Ulrichvonbek111
10-27-2017, 01:49 AM

Yes another reply to the crap we're meant to swallow.
Like I said for over 13 weeks I've been stating the season 2 winners reward was utter bull in comparison to previous season.
I predicted that season 3 winners rewards would be a blatant slap in the face to season 2 winners.
Yes yourselves and the brown nose entourage tried to bull me that I should let it go many many times.
How dare you and the entourage try and slate me on this.
The explanation given why we recieved the crap for winning season was delivered with a severe degree of arrogance and great flippancy,even contempt.
Throughout all my time playing whenever I see an ornament worn by season 1 winner ie: Nobushi I know exactly what it stands for yet the reason given as to why we got crap was so we'd recognise the significance..BULL.
Why change something that wasn't broken then change it back again once you've crapped on the loyal player base.
I'm here disgusted at your actions,,arrogance and total disregard.

You can make amendments and remburse gaining respect and trust or you can do the usual and spout some more bull and show contempt for the Samurai faction.

Respect and Trust go a long way.

Think about it.
It could save what's left and bring more to the gaming base new and old by a show of genuine good will.

RealJayDee1984
10-27-2017, 03:09 PM
What may help though is to provide feedback that I can show them regarding the current format.

The current format seen on its own seems acceptable. Had it been like that from the start I don't think anyone would say anything about it. Instead we got three wildly different reward tiers so far, ranging from 'pretty great' (S1) to 'pretty okay' (S3) and 'pretty ****ty' (S2). Before the end of S2 I actually tried to participate in the FW as much as I could, regardless of how little difference it made, but ever since then I did not deploy assets manually even once.

Maybe if the FW gets a serious overhaul, and the reward situation will be handled with consistency and transparency from now on it might win me back over at some point, but the bungling we had until now really destroyed a lot of good will. :(

CandleInTheDark
10-27-2017, 04:22 PM
The current format seen on its own seems acceptable. Had it been like that from the start I don't think anyone would say anything about it. Instead we got three wildly different reward tiers so far, ranging from 'pretty great' (S1) to 'pretty okay' (S3) and 'pretty ****ty' (S2). Before the end of S2 I actually tried to participate in the FW as much as I could, regardless of how little difference it made, but ever since then I did not deploy assets manually even once.

Maybe if the FW gets a serious overhaul, and the reward situation will be handled with consistency and transparency from now on it might win me back over at some point, but the bungling we had until now really destroyed a lot of good will. :(

Very much agreed over the rewards, I actually like the concept of this last season's best (a definite I won season x and it fits all the factions) and like you say no one would have complained if it was those from the start. Overall they need to pick a format and stick with it, progression is good and should be expected as they learn things and get better at designing them but it needs to stay within the same remit or we need to be made aware beforehand if and why it changes.

As to faction war, next week's den or the one after they said they are going to talk about changes to it. Bio said something I did not quite catch but what I very much caught was pressing on the last turns will no longer be enough so I am willing to listen to what they say there, I have long defended them on the point that I do not think it is rigged but I could not argue with the view that it is flawed as it stands.

LordDarkMoth
10-27-2017, 07:37 PM
Samurai here. I have been playing samurai since day 1 cause loyalty and crap. For feedback I will say i was mildly motivated durning the first season. After I saw the rewards for S1, I got my act in gear and really tried to strategize on asset deployment cause the rewards from S1 were so cool i wanted to get my hands on that. When I got my rewards It kinda made me sad to be honest looked good on my conquerer but on all of my samurai the ornament didn't only mismatch theme of the season or character it also just didn't seem to fit on the model correctly like it looked awkward and on some of them it was just floating not even attached to them. So I was bummed. So much so that season 3 i played but I didn't care about asset deployment, because i was now under the impression that the rewards were preset and may not even jive with my guys cause who knows what they will be. Yesterday I see the S3 rewards and they fit and i get pissed not because it isn't a good idea (the idea of 1 ornament per faction is fine with me) but I feel duped.
I have been basing my efforts during a season on what i saw the rewards were for last season but there has been no consistency and that makes me frustrated. Some kind of compensation or like giving something to season 2 winners to make them at least on par with s3 would be cool but I'm not anticipating it. In the future I would like to know what I'm playing for. Not necessarily images of them, the surprise can be cool, but just a verbal run down. "Winners will receive 1 ornament per faction themed after the grudge and glory" that sentence alone would have made me more persuaded to participate more seriously in the season.

Corvy
10-27-2017, 11:46 PM
Gonna bump this thread just because im f***ng mad right now about the rewars of S2.

UbiJurassic
10-28-2017, 12:16 AM
I appreciate the feedback you all have given us so far and I'll ensure that it is brought up to the team. If anyone else would like to contribute, please do feel free to post your thoughts as well, as those comments will also be passed along to them.

TSCDescon
10-28-2017, 12:19 AM
Gonna bump this thread just because im f***ng mad right now about the rewars of S2.

No point in doing so.

The devs don't care.

Ulrichvonbek111
10-28-2017, 03:29 AM
I appreciate the feedback you all have given us so far and I'll ensure that it is brought up to the team. If anyone else would like to contribute, please do feel free to post your thoughts as well, as those comments will also be passed along to them.

Yes be sure to pass them on and relay to them the many many posts over the last 12 weeks concerning the crap reward for Samurai that have been casually scoffed at by many of your entourage on here and on Warriors Den.
We were told during the reasoning of the Season 2 reward that this was the way forward,,yet they changed it...They claimed it was because of the complaints that came from the Samurai community,,,BULL.
Did anyone complain after Season 1 rewards were given,,NO.
SO WHY CHANGE THEM???????

Get your house in order and be fair and just with your actions in compensating and making amends.
Like I said in yesterday's post fix the wrong that has been done.
Show due diligence,,it shall be greatly appreciated by those cheated and shall show many old and new players that you do care and can be trusted to provide fair and just rewards without showing contempt for the player base.
Thank you.

AkenoKobayashi
10-29-2017, 03:27 AM
As a Samurai player...I honestly felt that our Season 2 win was...odd. It didn't feel right. It wasn't a 2-3-0 like Season 1 was. We didn't dominate it, and we were going back and forth with the Knights. In the end, I didn't even realize we did win when I saw the tie-breaker rule. I honestly thought the Knights won based on the asset deployment, but I saw the sakura in the corner. I saw the rewards, and was honestly disappointed. One ornament for all, and a symbol that is worn by both the 1st and 2nd place factions? You can't sit there and say it looked like fair rewards for such a hard fought war. Eventually, I stumbled upon the theory that the War was rigged, and that the Knights did have the asset win, but the final score on the Faction War page for the website had the assets altered to favor the Samurai. Only because the Samurai don't get anything in Season 3, and the Knights were slated to win that war. I was even tempted to switch factions during the off season to the Knights, but decided to wait it out as a Samurai and see if we could prove the theory wrong. But no, we got destroyed. 4-1-0 Knights, as predicted. And now they have an ornament per faction hero, and we share the season symbol.

Can we have a fair war in Season 4 now? Where the assets are not fooled around with, no one is "up next" to win, and the rewards are placement exclusive?