PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION][FEEDBACK] LOBBY no matchmaking

Eagle_One_
10-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Simple fix to the matchmaking. Is put it in the players hands to decide where to play.

Briefing rooms and custom ranked rooms. Stop pushing this match making disaster.

Get good to play with lvl 20 and above. Make custom lobbies available in 4v4 rooms only and ranked.

Ensign: Levels 1-10
Lieutenent: Levels 10-20
Commander: Levels 20-30
Elite: Levels 30-40
Ghost: Levels 40-Prestige 1, 2 ect

Ranked custom rooms can be any level and good luck!

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn15/riv5fam/socom_screen014_zpshyhe7ke8.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/riv5fam/media/socom_screen014_zpshyhe7ke8.jpg.html)

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn15/riv5fam/SOCOM-II_b_15672_zpsodx4jtnu.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/riv5fam/media/SOCOM-II_b_15672_zpsodx4jtnu.jpg.html)

Agent...Tex
10-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Not bad, now why didn't Ubi think of that? A lot of the content in this game seems like it was directed by 12 year olds.

Eagle_One_
10-25-2017, 09:02 PM
LOL I am sure these developers love how we are all constantly comparing them to the GLORIOUS SOCOM DAYS. How is it that a game that is literally like 15 years old SMASHES ALL GAMES OF TODAY. Seriously UBISOFT, get your PS2s out and turn on SOCOM 2 through SOCOM Combined Assault as well as Confrontation on PS3 and take a look at how the lobbies system worked, and then emulate your elders. For real.

I mean, a multiplayer as intimate as GW, Socom, Insurgancy and other games alike. Should have lobbies. Period. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that justifies having match making in games like these. Just blows my mind.

guest-R7NZSkz4
10-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Even just making the simple change to allow people to switch sides would be great. Last night I was in a room with total strangers and we really played well and communicated but after two games two of them were switched to the other side and that was that. They ended up leaving the room and I did a short while later. Sometimes it would be cool if even if you join with a party you can switch sides. I'd love to play against my friends time to time as well.

Eagle_One_
10-25-2017, 09:13 PM
That was one of the things about SOCOM that I loved so much. Over ten years ago, I would browse lobbies and find games depending on how the host built them, and other people would do the same. The result is having people on my friends list from OVER TEN YEARS AGO because we all had this common ground right from the beginning, for example FRIENDLY FIRE ON / NO ROCKETS.

It is pretty simple man. I don't understand why they won't do it. I am no game maker, I am a game player, and I am waiting for H HOUR at this point because I refuse to get on STEAM and play PC games, I have to wait and trust it will come on PS4.

I'm a dev tester, part of two projects at the moment and this type of stuff is not easy. These two projects I am apart of are indie titles and they get it done. Now a AAA dev team with great experience, by all means can do it!

IlTaKe_NoTeZIl
10-25-2017, 10:03 PM
To be fair this isn't socom and it wasn't made specifically for us die hard so socom fans, As much as we want a new socom as good/great as socom 2 / confrontation its never going to happen the franchise is dead sadly. Maybe they can add a hardcore mode with no drones an a few tweaks in that game mode for socom vets but at this point its just time to accept that this game is probably the closest thing we are gonna get to socom for a long time lol

Eagle_One_
10-25-2017, 10:27 PM
To be fair this isn't socom and it wasn't made specifically for us die hard so socom fans, As much as we want a new socom as good/great as socom 2 / confrontation its never going to happen the franchise is dead sadly. Maybe they can add a hardcore mode with no drones an a few tweaks in that game mode for socom vets but at this point its just time to accept that this game is probably the closest thing we are gonna get to socom for a long time lol

I get that. But in essence we/I am asking what works? Matchmaking in a game where playing with teams/friends/clans, certain matches and playstyles is gamebreaking when it comes to playing with like minded players.

No one is asking for a Socom remake, these are just examples.

Now, a hard core mode is needed. Just simple disable features. Hell, drones can stay because even after turning off some features the players we play with, with the same play styles will not use them. Its happen already. If custom rooms were ranked we would have more of them.

IlTaKe_NoTeZIl
10-25-2017, 10:29 PM
I get that. But in essence we/I am asking what works? Matchmaking in a game where playing with teams/friends/clans, certain matches and playstyles is gamebreaking when it comes to playing with like minded players.

No one is asking for a Socom remake, these are just examples.

Now, a hard core mode is needed. Just simple disable features. Hell, drones can stay because even after turning off some features the players we play with, with the same play styles will not use them. Its happen already. If custom rooms were ranked we would have more of them.

i agree but idk what everyone is complaining aboutmatch making for personally, it just seems like it would be a ton of work to redo the whole matchmaking system imo

Eagle_One_
10-29-2017, 05:27 PM
i agree but idk what everyone is complaining aboutmatch making for personally, it just seems like it would be a ton of work to redo the whole matchmaking system imo

Not hard at all. I know a few indie devs that would love to volunteer and add it!