PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Wars Thermals

TheRev004
10-25-2017, 03:16 AM
I've played nearly every game Ubisoft has released. I understand they care not for their fan base or the players...I fully understand that I will most likely get flamed...

Removing the thermals caused a 180 switch both in player tactics, and gameplay; and has removed incentive for all the folks in my task force to play this game. The game feels boring and unbearable now. Removing the thermals has encouraged camping with little to no tactic or strategy. Games drag on in draws over and over and over, and classes like the assassin or point man are quickly given up in place of sentinels or support classes. With how few people stuck around for the pc version of the game, I got 40 active players who are now uninstalling...I tried sticking around but the player base that is trying to continue playing in this way is incredibly toxic. A camping mentality seems to correlate with that behavior.

It would be great if you allowed the game to mature in gameplay before completely re-overhauling the system. Hopefully you send out an email if you ever choose to fix this issue, so we can come back.

Flaw3dGenius23
10-25-2017, 03:24 AM
Who are these 40 people you speak of? Ghost Recon was never meant to be run n gun and the devs ****ed up big time...thankfullh they have put right and the game is now more like GR titld although sti trying to keep you casuals on board with all the marking.

Zascha.
10-25-2017, 05:18 AM
I've played nearly every game Ubisoft has released. I understand they care not for their fan base or the players...I fully understand that I will most likely get flamed...

Removing the thermals caused a 180 switch both in player tactics, and gameplay; and has removed incentive for all the folks in my task force to play this game. The game feels boring and unbearable now. Removing the thermals has encouraged camping with little to no tactic or strategy. Games drag on in draws over and over and over, and classes like the assassin or point man are quickly given up in place of sentinels or support classes. With how few people stuck around for the pc version of the game, I got 40 active players who are now uninstalling...I tried sticking around but the player base that is trying to continue playing in this way is incredibly toxic. A camping mentality seems to correlate with that behavior.

It would be great if you allowed the game to mature in gameplay before completely re-overhauling the system. Hopefully you send out an email if you ever choose to fix this issue, so we can come back.

The camping has more to do with a lack of incentivised objectives. Thermals have almost nothing to do with it except that there are a lot of players who now have to learn how to play without them, and they don't want to do work. So they Camp.

I_SELL_FLOWERS
10-25-2017, 07:55 AM
[MODERATED]
Its hardest and more interesting without thermo.. what players did in the game was, camp and turn it on or go around the map with it all the time.. wow so much skill and fun.. now, you have to play it more carfuly, more tactical and from easy mode, its harder mode. So you are starting to cry?! [MODERATED].
Game should be even harder and few other things should be removed too but atleast this is out...

EDIT: Please stick to the discussion about the game, refrain from using wording forbidden on the forum.

TommyJoe_
10-25-2017, 10:30 AM
The camping has more to do with a lack of incentivised objectives. Thermals have almost nothing to do with it except that there are a lot of players who now have to learn how to play without them, and they don't want to do work. So they Camp.

That people camp and hide is a strategy in itself. It can be self-evident to be boring to experience. But I do not see that as a negative in itself.

Devs can make the rounds longer, or so that the team with the most teammates alive wins the match.

can we please continue and start focusing on the other aspects like bullet drop, audio problems, sentinel, assassin that is OP. bullets flying through everything, overuse of drones, too many lives per game, draw system, match fix problems .. and the list goes on and on ...

Thermal is over, as it was, move on! and no, I was not against it, but tired of constantly raising threads that only focus on this point of interest!

I'm sorry that your team of 40 people moves on, but is it really ONLY because of thermal !?

Mr_Skips
10-25-2017, 11:22 AM
Removing thermal has opened up the other skills and perks. I think it is the best thing they could have done. I have only been playing it around a week. But never used Thermal until I realised everybody else was using it. It is a such a beautiful game with a unique ability to actually blend into the foliage, why would you want a clear wallhack.

There is a plethora of games out there with this type of gameplay. We are lucky to have something fresh which allows you to actually employ some figure of skill and tactic with gunplay. Games these days do far too much for you and don't allow you to rely on your own ability. A bug bear for a lot of the players in the campaign was that there were markers and waypoints for everything being bombarded with crutches.

DizShiz
10-25-2017, 12:14 PM
Glad to see the back of the thermo goggles ....The game changed over night and it's for the better... Good Job UBI :)

Flippers93
10-25-2017, 01:42 PM
I have the opposite experience, game with thermal was basically a worse version of every shooter on the market right now, game without thermal feels like a classic ubisoft shooter (ghost recon/rainbow six).

Also, I get why people hate on Ubisoft, but honestly to say they dont care about their playerbase is just wrong. Look at R6 Siege. That game is alive and well and has just continued getting better with time as they make changes. At the end of the day they are a company and have to balance keeping everyone happy on every game and making a profit to justify the project and I would hate to be the one having to make the decisions on that balance.

JucaTollabur
10-25-2017, 02:40 PM
<pre class="tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-small" data-placeholder="Tradução" id="tw-target-text" style="text-align: left; height: 552px;" data-fulltext="" dir="ltr"><span lang="en">Without Thermal the game becomes more tactical, cadenced and difficult (and that's good and the old GR players thank you).
As has been said, devs have implemented camouflage very well, giving the experienced soldier the chance to take advantage of it. The interaction of camouflage with the environment is great and gives us a tactical game. And GR has its own identity, it may not want to go in the same direction of all war games, it has to go its own way.

I agree with a post above that says:
- that the team with more soldiers wins a match tied in 1x1.
- put a limited amount of lives per player. Each soldier can be revived only once for another class. The medical class could have revived by the hands about five times.</span></pre>

JucaTollabur
10-25-2017, 02:42 PM
Without Thermal the game becomes more tactical, cadenced and difficult (and that's good and the old GR players thank you).
As has been said, devs have implemented camouflage very well, giving the experienced soldier the chance to take advantage of it. The interaction of camouflage with the environment is great and gives us a tactical game. And GR has its own identity, it may not want to go in the same direction of all war games, it has to go its own way.

I agree with a post above that says:
- that the team with more soldiers wins a match tied in 1x1.
- put a limited amount of lives per player. Each soldier can be revived only once for another class. The medical class could have revived by the hands about five times.