PDA

View Full Version : [REQUEST] Custom Game Options

D-from-Oxford
10-24-2017, 07:36 PM
I see no reason not to implement custom 'ranked' public matches (as well as the current custom 'unranked' private matches).

Incorporate a 'public' function to the custom game menu (invite-only/open-to-friends/public) in which the host can only fill one team, the other team being designated as public-only. The rest of the mechanics I'll leave up to you. I made my suggestion during beta, but I can think of plenty more if need be.

The important thing is that the host absolutely has to be able to set the HUD options for the room (even if it's only 'enemy' and 'GW' markers).... As I said during beta, if a user-override is too complicated (I imagine it is) then a restricted access system is the way to go - players can't join if their HUD settings don't match the host's rules. An example of this would be in SOCOM where you couldn't spawn into a public 'ranked' match if your loadout contained a noobtube - it would tell you to change loadout before it would let you into the match.

Oh, a playlist option would be nice, with the ability to have the ToD/weather/gamemode be random.

Like Nike said, "just do it" already.

:D

If people want to go to the trouble of boosting, let them, whatever. Being a higher level should never give a player an unfair advantage. If that's the mechanics you go with then you just have to suck it up, don't punish the hardcore for it.

JulianTimn
10-25-2017, 09:10 AM
Yeah give Custom games the ability to remove Hud and marking would be great!

Eagle_One_
01-01-2018, 07:43 PM
I see no reason not to implement custom 'ranked' public matches (as well as the current custom 'unranked' private matches).

Agree 100%

mezzatron
01-01-2018, 08:12 PM

Are you sure it was Nike?

As far as I know it was the advertising executive Dan Wieden (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Wieden) who adapted the words from Gary Gilmore whose last words were "Let's Do It" before he was executed in 1977.

breakthegrey
01-02-2018, 05:47 AM
Custom Matches already have the ability for No HUD. If your on Xbox join the club Ghost War Hardcore Matches for games with No HUD, well limited HUD. You need to know if you have a C4 or Grenade equipped ect.. But no player marks, radar, sound markers. Basically just crosshairs, equiptment are the only displayed. You can also search me on Xbox, NitrousOxide02

UbiInsulin
01-02-2018, 08:13 PM
The team is working on further hardcore options for custom matches! However, custom games will not have ranked play (at least in-game) because it's obviously not possible to standardize these custom matches.

Eagle_One_
01-02-2018, 08:15 PM
The team is working on further hardcore options for custom matches! However, custom games will not have ranked play (at least in-game) because it's obviously not possible to standardize these custom matches.
Just gain XP, not rank per ranked mode. Got to allow players to gain XP no matter what. I already lose interest from players because they can not gain xp to further there classes.