PDA

View Full Version : Sentinel vs Sniper

comarpan
10-24-2017, 04:14 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sentinel way too advanced? Both of them has armour piercing rounds on their sniper rifle but Sentinel has a great tool - SATCOM tracker. That makes Sniper looking shabby - he doesn't have anything else for a distinction of a class. Or is it that the MSR packs more damage than the Dragunov SVD? I've seen people one shot enemies with the Dragunov in PVP.

SCORPIONFURY
10-24-2017, 04:36 AM
Sniper has longer range and only need one shot to kill + he has two mines, the Sentinel is good at mid range and she needs two shots to kill usually or one headsot + she is packing two C4 and the active perk Satcom tracker, they are both just as good depending on your playstyle. I use both on different maps

Old_Mufasa
10-24-2017, 09:05 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sentinel way too advanced? Both of them has armour piercing rounds on their sniper rifle but Sentinel has a great tool - SATCOM tracker. That makes Sniper looking shabby - he doesn't have anything else for a distinction of a class. Or is it that the MSR packs more damage than the Dragunov SVD? I've seen people one shot enemies with the Dragunov in PVP.

umm.. Sentinel does not have AP rounds, only the sniper has AP rounds.... all guns have bullet pen but lose damage other then the sniper. Higher the damage weapon the more damage they will do even after going through some cover the sniper has no damage reduction when firing through cover while everyone else does lose damage. Also the Sentinels gun will only OHK with head shots on a full health target.

comarpan
10-24-2017, 11:21 AM
umm.. Sentinel does not have AP rounds, only the sniper has AP rounds.... all guns have bullet pen but lose damage other then the sniper. Higher the damage weapon the more damage they will do even after going through some cover the sniper has no damage reduction when firing through cover while everyone else does lose damage. Also the Sentinels gun will only OHK with head shots on a full health target.

It says AP in the description: https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-us/ghostwar/classes/detail.aspx?soldierclass=sentinel

Old_Mufasa
10-24-2017, 12:36 PM
It says AP in the description: https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-us/ghostwar/classes/detail.aspx?soldierclass=sentinel

Go look in game... the only class in the marksman line that has AP is Sniper.

da stealth
10-25-2017, 04:10 AM
As per description from sniper

The Sniper's ability allows him to shoot through walls with no penalty to bullet damage

wheras the sentinel's bullets do have damage dropoff through objects. They are listed as "Armour Piercer" & "Armoured Piercer" respectively but only the sniper has "true" digital AP rounds as this is part of his Passive Permanent Perk