PDA

View Full Version : Enter at own Risk MD Spoiler

Phill2017q
10-21-2017, 01:46 PM
For anyone who may be interested

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/77qrkn/spoilers_ahead_do_not_enter/?sort=new

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/77sgq8/md_spoilers_proceed_at_your_own_risk/?utm_source=ifttt

joshoolhorst
10-21-2017, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the post and damn time to delete my history browser now!

Brunadas
10-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Nice nice :D

joshoolhorst
10-21-2017, 09:57 PM
So what I understand is that
She works for Abstergo Histroical Research Division and looks for Bayeks corpse or something like that to get a higher status or something like that... This sounds more boring and irrelevant everytime I think about it this could easily just be AC Heresy PART 2 she better has a damn interesting story arc or did I miss information?
Also why not just mention the The Aerie in the emails to anyway better than the movie canon

dxsxhxcx
10-25-2017, 03:24 PM
She works for Abstergo Histroical Research Division and looks for Bayeks corpse or something like that to get a higher status or something like that... This sounds more boring and irrelevant everytime I think about it this could easily just be AC Heresy PART 2 she better has a damn interesting story arc or did I miss information?
Also why not just mention the The Aerie in the emails to anyway better than the movie canon

First and foremost I applaud Ashraf and the team's effort for FINALLY bringing a playable (3rd person) MD protagonist back, while I know it's too soon to judge Origins' merit on the matter, I have to agree with joshoolhorst to an extent here (I don't think the protagonist's motivation is boring or the problem per se, the fact that now I can put myself on the protagonist' shoes once again make things a lot better than they were before but that's not my main concern here), I've watched two MD sequences so far and by the look of it, it doesn't seem Origins will advance the MD story forward as much as I would've liked, I can be wrong though, but that's the impression I've got from the sequences I've watched, this post is based on that impression alone, so it can change as more MD content is revealed, but I believe it's important to stress this out no matter what.

Having a unique protagonist is important, IMO this will really improve the narrative no matter if this will be another "filler" game or not, BUT I would like to remind the devs that they still have an unfinished story that IMO has been dragged out (and overcomplicated) for way too long to tell. IF Origins ends up being another filler game, IMO this proves that more time is needed between releases, not to iron out mechanics or add new ones, but to come up with a conclusion to Juno's arc once and for all, and after that IMHO they should give AC a break for some years (or release standalone games WITHOUT the MD) to give the writers enough time to write a whole new trilogy or a whole new arc (that can have more than 3 games but that'll be meaningful because they'll have written the arc taking these games in consideration) before even releasing its first game so the plot won't suffer because of last minute additions that'll force them to stretch out the story.

cawatrooper9
10-25-2017, 05:10 PM

Yeah, kinda sounds like the plot of Unity.

I don't think they'd rehash that again, though- my guess is this is just the table setting, and something important will happen to her (or by her) before the end.

AnimusLover
10-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Ideally, I would have liked Desmond to return but I'll take what I can get as long as the old crew are returning with Layla i.e. Shaun, Rebecca, Desmond's father and as long as they move the plot FORWARD. The bare minimum is not enough after years of disappointment.

jellejackhammer
10-26-2017, 02:55 PM
very intresting.

shame it's not the MD from the first games with shaun,rebecca etc.

i feel that it's a mix of the black flag,rogue and unity but more fleshed out.

so that prety much confirms that altough the comics are canon they are not going to be in the games anytime soon.

exept for some mentions trough the emails ofcourse.

wonder if those files about the dead order members will include alan rikkin (hope so).

DeceivingEric
10-27-2017, 03:24 PM
When will the AC team learn that the key to make a good modern day story is to make the story move forward? The modern day is just the main story of Assassin's Creed you know. It's been 5 years (and 5 games!) and yet again they give us a modern day that doesn't archieve anything? The only thing we did in the end is SPOILER - making an alliance with William Miles - SPOILER, I don't know if I prefer that or making another video game for Abstergo even if that was bad too. Even Syndicate archieved more in term of story! Only problem: it was literally a 10 minutes video we can watch for free on youtube.

Like Syndicate, I'm not buying another entry with another useless story. I'll take it only when the main story will finally start to advance, if it ever does.

joshoolhorst
10-27-2017, 07:15 PM
So I am gonna share my thoughts on the MD I now have met Cleopatra so I don't know much about the Modern Day so have my thoughts changed since the last post yes or no... Well sort of eeh.

I find Layla really uninteresting she works for Abstergo and wants to impress the company (even though she has a distaste for them) she has nothing to interact with so far and it doesn't seem to move the plot forward so it feels more like filler but I could be wrong I still have much to do in the game and her story has just begun.
One of her emails to Sofia Rikkin she was asking how her she was doing and than started talking about her dead father cover up or something like that sorry I am really tired but jeez bad timing.
One thing that I like is that when she went out of the Animus a second time she was using Bayek's skills more so I did like that.
She also seems to be a bit Rebecca Crane to in a way.
I don't see new people being interested in this though, when you get out of the Animus in AC1 there was always this mystery feeling there and this weird dreams and more but Layla goes in and out of the Animus and has zero mystery behind it and well nothing interests me this far ooh well who knows maybe my thoughts will change later on.

Edit: Will Layla have more to do after this how many more times will she leave the Animus? just tell me please,

jellejackhammer
10-27-2017, 10:35 PM
so i did my first MD encounter today and while it is in 3d person,it's not all that great (yet).

first off,the character laila is just a bit of a "my work is boring" type.

there are some mentions of known characters in the emails you can read via her laptop or the pause menu. (i feel that most of the stuff will be like that)

oh and you have to find pages from her notebook that are scatered around the cave in order to "progress" the intell about the MD. the game doesn't even add it as a objective,so be sure that you don't miss out.

now i won't be to hard since i only got 1 encounter so far,but i do hope things get better and more intresting.

DeceivingEric
10-28-2017, 04:17 AM
So I am gonna share my thoughts on the MD I now have met Cleopatra so I don't know much about the Modern Day so have my thoughts changed since the last post yes or no... Well sort of eeh.

I find Layla really uninteresting she works for Abstergo and wants to impress the company (even though she has a distaste for them) she has nothing to interact with so far and it doesn't seem to move the plot forward so it feels more like filler but I could be wrong I still have much to do in the game and her story has just begun.
One of her emails to Sofia Rikkin she was asking how her she was doing and than started talking about her dead father cover up or something like that sorry I am really tired but jeez bad timing.
One thing that I like is that when she went out of the Animus a second time she was using Bayek's skills more so I did like that.
She also seems to be a bit Rebecca Crane to in a way.
I don't see new people being interested in this though, when you get out of the Animus in AC1 there was always this mystery feeling there and this weird dreams and more but Layla goes in and out of the Animus and has zero mystery behind it and well nothing interests me this far ooh well who knows maybe my thoughts will change later on.

Edit: Will Layla have more to do after this how many more times will she leave the Animus? just tell me please,

Well, if I guess well, you left the Animus for a second time, so there's a third time at some point, and one last time at the very end of the game, which is a cinematic. I can't say more without spoiling what actually happens in those two events, but overall, it ends up being another filler story.