PDA

View Full Version : Why do guards hate when you do this?

victortiti89
10-20-2017, 08:48 PM
I only have the first 3 games. I played the second(Assassin Creed II) very little, but I noticed city guards don't like when you climb or walk on rooftops.

If you don't get down fast, you're wanted. All guards will attack, even those on the ground. How comes that? Why do they don't want you on the roofs?(You're not damaging homes by doing that)

Bogues03
10-20-2017, 09:09 PM
I only have the first 3 games. I played the second(Assassin Creed II) very little, but I noticed city guards don't like when you climb or walk on rooftops.

If you don't get down fast, you're wanted. All guards will attack, even those on the ground. How comes that? Why do they don't want you on the roofs?(You're not damaging homes by doing that)

If you were on a roof wouldn't you want to know wtf is this guy doing jumping building to building. It's pretty suspicious when you think about it.

RedSpider
10-20-2017, 09:13 PM
Well, it's not really the 'normal' thing to do. Also, in 2, the rooftops are where the thieves often hang out/get around; so the guards are probably assuming that you're up to no good.

cawatrooper9
10-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Basically, doing high profile things increases your chance of detection. If guards are on alert enough, in some games even running is enough to set them off. Climbing buildings is also pretty high profile, so it causes guards to investigate (even if they may seem to overreact a bit) :p

Newer games typically have roofs that are a little more Assassin friendly lately. In Syndicate and Unity, enemies are rarely on roofs throughout the city- generally only for guarded buildings like castles.
And enemies on the street usually can't detect you if you're up high.