PDA

View Full Version : Game Wont Launch on Uplay. Refund imminent

Boomhauerrr
10-17-2017, 07:45 AM
I press play on steam and in Uplay. It says preparing to launch game. Then synchronizing save games with cloud.
Then nothing.
It wont run the game. Is this something to do with the maintenance today?
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/News/000031716/Upcoming-Maintenance-of-Online-Services-Oct-17

Boomhauerrr
10-17-2017, 11:56 AM
self bump for solution. Have tried several different things to get it to work but still get nothing.
Cant find any help on forums resolving this.
Main focus seems to be on helping people unlock their crappy toy box rewards or whatever.

I'll be requesting a refund in a few short hours If I cant find a solution.

ivo1607
10-17-2017, 12:33 PM
Same here. After starting the game a black screen appears and then the game exits into windows.
Really frustrating.

Boomhauerrr
10-17-2017, 12:38 PM
You're lucky, I dont even get a black window/screen. It just wont launch full stop.

Ubi-Baron
10-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear you've run into this issue.

Is you have the Task Manager open when you attempt to open the game, will it show any processes for South Park?

What are the steps you have tried to resolve this issue?

Boomhauerrr
10-17-2017, 01:07 PM
No. it shows no processes for South Park in the task manager.
Just Uplay, and when launching the game a second uPlay process shows up (When preparing to launch game and synchronizing save games with cloud) then disappears.

I have uninstalled the game an reinstalled it. And Uplay 3 times.
I have run both Uplay and the TFBW in administrator.
I've restarted my laptop several times.
And verified integrity of game files on steam.

I've not seen much help on forums to solve this issue at all. Been searching for about 5 hours

Liloo9593
10-17-2017, 01:11 PM
exact same problem here .
try same thing than you
hope we have a solution before ask for refund

( on win 7)

ivo1607
10-17-2017, 01:15 PM
For me the South Park exe shows up in the task manager but after 3 seconds of black screen it automatically exits into windows as if I had never launched the game.

I have verified integrity of the files in Steam as this has helped some users before.
I launched the game via Steam and via Uplay (same non-result).

When I launch the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode, the game does not automatically exit the game but it is stuck in the black screen.

Thanks for looking into this. A quick resolution is highly appreciated.

Liloo9593
10-17-2017, 01:51 PM
Ok it's now working for me
I start Steam + Uplay + the game on Administrator mode , + MAJ graphic card

Ubi-Baron
10-17-2017, 02:38 PM
...When I launch the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode, the game does not automatically exit the game but it is stuck in the black screen...
Do you hear sound in the background when this occurs?

I'd advise you both try a Clean Boot (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows), which you can do via the steps here. This is to try and ensure that no other programs are interfering with the game opening.

Just to confirm, do you both meet the minimum requirements for the game, which can be found here (http://blog.ubi.com/south-park-fractured-whole-pc-specs-system-requirements-revealed/)?

Wous79
10-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Same problems here. No matter what I do, splash screen shuts down, same time program shuts down in TaskMgr.
It comes with en error message in the Ubisoft Game Launcher log:

[ 2680] 2017-10-17 16:19:33 [ 2544] ERROR GameProcessWatcher.cpp (209) Child process abnormal exit: 3492

levong198
10-17-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm having the same issue, and after about 50 attempts to open it, it gave me an error message.

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\Levon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4E57.tmp.WERI nternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Levon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5338.tmp.appc ompat.txt
C:\Users\Levon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER55C9.tmp.mdmp

I was able to run the Stick of Truth with no issues whatsoever.

ivo1607
10-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Unfortunately, Clean Boot did not help.

I do not hear any sound when in black screen, but I do meet the minimum system requirements. The Stick of Truth ran with no problems.
Toying around with Admin Mode didnīt improve things either.

Boomhauerrr
10-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Ditto

KongMunk
10-17-2017, 05:17 PM
I have the exact same issue.

Start app, window opens saying 'sync save data from cloud' (or something like that), and after that the process just exits.

I have tried doing exactly what _fracture has:

Additionally, I have also tried to install the game in a freshly installed Windows 10, to confirm that it is not software interfering.
I have also tried switching off Cloud save sync from Uplay but still no cigar.

zuckUbuzz
10-17-2017, 06:05 PM
I face the same problems. After downloading the game via Uplay and installing it I cannot get it started. Could it be a problem of the DirectX? Just hypothesizing...

Generic_TT
10-17-2017, 06:21 PM
I feel like my voice needs to be heard as well, even though mine is essentially the same as everyone else...

I just get a CMD opening up with:
2017-10-17 18:18:52 [9076] [DEBUG ] Hooks.cpp (38) : --- Overlay started --- (C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe)
2017-10-17 18:18:52 [9076] [DEBUG ] PlatformHooks.cpp (114) : 'kernel32.dll' hooked
2017-10-17 18:18:52 [9076] [DEBUG ] PlatformHooks.cpp (114) : 'kernel32.dll' hooked
2017-10-17 18:18:52 [9076] [DEBUG ] PlatformHooks.cpp (114) : 'shell32.dll' hooked
2017-10-17 18:18:52 [9076] [DEBUG ] PlatformHooks.cpp (114) : 'd3d9.dll' hooked
2017-10-17 18:18:52 [9076] [DEBUG ] PlatformHooks.cpp (114) : 'user32.dll' hooked

(Took me a few times to grab this)

And in the logs I find this as well:
[ 2812] 2017-10-17 17:50:57 [ 9772] ERROR GameProcessWatcher.cpp (209) Child process abnormal exit: 5764

Not sure if this helps or what. But yeh. :nonchalance:

GlowingKai
10-17-2017, 07:14 PM
I just got the game installed.. and upon first play I get a black screen with some audio. I can't even press, CTRL + ALT + DELETE. Its a full on pc reboot!
Then I open it up a second time and aparently I need to put in a CD key... I PREORDERED IT... no cd key came to me.

What do I do now!!!

Generic_TT
10-17-2017, 07:21 PM
Just press Alt+Enter
It's in fullscreen but it kinda loaded wrong.

kakolane
10-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Nothing happens when pressing alt+enter :'(

Generic_TT
10-17-2017, 08:12 PM
If only we could have a bit more help here. Like I know support are doing everything they can, but most people are lazy and will just ask a question not seeing if it is resolved. Therefore they waste not only support's time but stops everyone else who is having actual problems that haven't been answered.

Boomhauerrr
10-17-2017, 08:32 PM
Thats not the problem were facing here, the game window wont even open. I wish I had a chance to press Alt+Enter..

Boomhauerrr
10-17-2017, 08:43 PM
This is what I have tried so far. And have also contacted customer service regarding the issue. reply could take up to 48 hours.

The game wont launch.
I press play on steam and in Uplay. It says preparing to launch game. Then synchronizing save games with cloud.
Then nothing.

It shows no processes for South Park in the task manager.
Just Uplay. And when launching the game a second uPlay process shows up (When preparing to launch game and synchronizing save games with cloud) then disappears.

Updated video card drivers
I performed a clean boot in Windows

So, no luck so far. I've been browsing forums for about 9 hours and have yet to find a solution.
Good luck to you all looking for a solution.

Eijian
10-17-2017, 09:04 PM
I'm having the same issue. The game launcher starts run for a few and then closes and won't start the game.

TheChief0r
10-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Same problem. The game only shows a short black screen and disappears again, leaving only Uplay open.

Tried:
- Starting it through Uplay
- Starting it directly from the *.exe
- Starting it in different compatibility modes (Win7, Win8)
- Ticking "start as administrato" (even though my Windows has only this one account and it has all administrator rights anyways)
- Restarting PC and Uplay
... all to no avail.

The game isn't supported by GeForce Experience (yet?), so, I can't fiddle around with the graphics setting either.

Seriously, Ubisoft, if you delay the release of a game so many times, at least have it working order, when you're finally releasing it. This way, you're just ripping people off!

robthebob11
10-17-2017, 09:28 PM
Same issue. Game says "running" in Steam, then closes itself with no game launch. Uplay updated. Steam updated. Cache integrity verified in Steam. Game just refuses to launch. Had the same issue with Watch Dogs 2 and that game just magically started working one day about a week after launch. Still have no idea why. Guess I'll hope for the same here.

FiletZX
10-17-2017, 09:52 PM
Hello all I Had the same issue, but I manager to fix it. It looks like if you have two graphic cards ( I have nVidia and Intel integrated) the game wont start because of using integrated card. To fix it:

1. Open nvidia control center
2. Add South Park
3. Use option - Use nvidia graphic card

Hope it helps, cheers

Eijian
10-17-2017, 10:26 PM
@FiletZX The game has been running on my graphics card the entire time. The game still won't start after the launcher closes it's self.

Dcoleman3
10-17-2017, 10:30 PM
I'm having the same issue. So far I have:

- Uninstalled/reinstalled both UPlay and the game twice
- Run both as administrator
- Verified all game files
- Restarted my computer in clean boot

Generally the launch stops after 'synching' the game achievements. After the clean boot the game began to show in task manager before disappearing.

I haven't had any error messages thus far, have only one graphics card, and the 'black screen' never shows up.

Wous79
10-17-2017, 10:32 PM
Worked for me too!

1. Open nvidia control center
2. Add South Park
3. Use option - Use nvidia graphic card

FiletZX thanks a million!

fylibustrexuan
10-18-2017, 02:12 AM
I am having the same issue - just downloaded the game and it keeps bouncing me back and forth between UPlay and Steam.

It spins and luanches, but never even gets to a black launch screen.

I have just one graphics card, so the fix that just came up in this thread does not apply.

Are you using a PC, or running a parallel Windows desktop on a Mac? I am doing the later, and wondering if that is part of the issue (though it hasn't been for other Ubisoft / Steam titles)

IamReptar77
10-18-2017, 02:51 AM
What is Nvidia and how do you activate it

KongMunk
10-18-2017, 06:10 AM
For this...

Still having the same problems as well, and would really appreciate a quick fix - or at least just an Ubi rep dig a little deeper into to the issue.

So far I can confirm that the below does not work for me:

Downscaling windows screen solution
Setting start parameters to windowed mode
Setting start parameters to force height and width
Launching from either .exe, Steam or UPlay
Running .exe in compatibility mode

The problem is not the black screen. Like other in here states, the process simply exits after splash screen.

This is what I have tried so far. And have also contacted customer service regarding the issue. reply could take up to 48 hours.

The game wont launch.
Then nothing.

It shows no processes for South Park in the task manager.
Just Uplay. And when launching the game a second uPlay process shows up (When preparing to launch game and synchronizing save games with cloud) then disappears.

So, no luck so far. I've been browsing forums for about 9 hours and have yet to find a solution.
Good luck to you all looking for a solution.

lethalyarn
10-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Same problem as everyone else in this thread. Did all steps that was said in this thread, no luck.

Used Windows Task Manager and see that the game pops up for only 2 seconds and then disappears/terminates.

Not sure what else to do. I don't want to refund since I've been looking forward to this game but there's no point in keeping a game I can't even launch to a black screen.

qthegaijin
10-18-2017, 07:41 AM
Same as above, wont even boot to black screen. Opens in task manager for about 2 seconds then quits.

No black screen, just hops back to Uplay.

Boomhauerrr
10-18-2017, 12:43 PM
I've created a case on the ubisoft support website at about 6pm yesterday UK time.
Case Reference # 05280525
Could that get sped up possibly so I dont have to wait 48 hours?
I wish to play the game, not look at forums all day, been almost 48 hours since it was released in the first place.

And computer meets the minimum system requirments.

Teroctus
10-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Same issue here! The game won't launch whatever I do. It is not the "Black screen", It's crushing! I see a black screen for a couple of seconds and crush. Have we paid for THIS? Playing on laptop W7 i5 2.6 / 8GB DDR3 / GeForce GT 740M.

Ubi-Mullac
10-18-2017, 03:54 PM
Hey there,

Unfortunately, from the specs you have listed, you are below the minimum requirements for this game.

You can find more information here: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000030299/System-Requirements-for-South-Park-The-Fractured-But-Whole-FBW/

qthegaijin
10-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Alright Ubi-Teech,

i-7 6700K, 64GB ram, GTX 980ti, Windows 10 (Latest update). Game crashes at start with no black screen. Just pops back to uPlay.

Game was purchased directly from uPlay physical store.

Have tried all the "fixes" and nothing changes.

Teroctus
10-18-2017, 04:55 PM
I have enough CPU, more than enough RAM, enough Video memory. What's the trouble?

TheChief0r
10-18-2017, 10:35 PM
I posted the problem to customer support yesterday, this is the disappointing replay I got:

Let me start by clarify that laptops are not an officially supported platform. So there is no guarantee that the game will work correctly on your system. However I am still happy to try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can get it to work.

We have some troubleshooting steps that have helped some other players, let me pass it on to you:
1) Please switch to Windowed Mode by pressing ALT + ENTER
2) Or start the game directly by clicking on the .exe file in the game folder
3) while holding ALT, press TAB twice

Also, make sure players have the GPU driver up-to-date.

"Laptops are not an officially supported platform"? Lol, seriously? What kind of braindead strategy would that even be? Almost all PC gamers I know use Laptops these days. Not trying to start any discussion over what's better, but excluding laptops from the beginning just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Even especially since they use the same operating system and many (including mine) have specs way above the requirements of TFBH.
The Alt+Enter does absolutely nothing for me, I already tried starting directly from the exe as I clearly stated in my customer support ticket and that short black screen is hardly enough time to even push Alt+Tab twice, the couple of times I tried it, it changed absolutely nothing either.
And my GPU-drivers are up-to-date, that isn't even worth mentioning.

So, basically it seems (once again), that Ubisoft put out an unfinished, untested, buggy game (a year too late, notheless!) and their customer support doesn't give a single damn and does absolutely nothing than replying with lame excuses without even reading closely, what the problem is or what one already has tried. Sad, very sad.
But hey, I'd glady be put in my place ... maybe above suggestions work for someone else.

The suggestion in this thread to use the Nvidia Control Panel to switch to the GeForce GPU, rather than a supposed internal one didn't work either for me, btw.

ivo1607
10-19-2017, 12:06 PM
Good lord, I hope I will not get the same response to my technical support ticket as TheChief0r.
The lack of useful help we have received so far is already disapponting enough.

dazadeh84
10-19-2017, 08:04 PM
It doesn't launch properly and the game start when the character was suppose to **** isn't working either and I've done everything, including using alt and enter to make it work faster, but it did not. I didn't waste bunch of money to have a game that isn't going fast!

KongMunk
10-19-2017, 08:26 PM
I posted the problem to customer support yesterday, this is the disappointing replay I got:

Let me start by clarify that laptops are not an officially supported platform.[...]

Wow. This one seems a bit odd.

Also, I find it quite a bit troubling that this issue is still nowhere to be found in the 'Known Issues' thread. It seems plenty of users are having this exact issue.
Well, at least we can always recommend each other to press alt+enter a couple of times more.

TheChief0r
10-23-2017, 10:26 AM
Ok, I finally got the game running (no thanks at all to Customer Support who still don't even grasp the problem, judging from their answers).

I can't really be sure what exactly fixed it, since I tried a number of things, anyways, here's what I did:

- Running the game directly from the .exe as administrator and in Win8 compatibility mode (still didn't work on its own)
- Adding the game in the NVidia control center and manually setting the GPU (still didn't work on its own)
- Manually re-installing DirectX from the game-folder (...\South Park - The Fractured but Whole\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe) (found this tip in another thread, but still didn't work on its own, if I recall correctly)
- Installing the "0xc00007b"-fix in the games directory (this is an error that prevents certain systems from launching many games. usually its an error-message at startup, but not always and I didn't get it here). if you google the error, you'll find tons of fixes, I used and recommend the Techzone DX2 utility.

After all these steps, the game launches normally if started directly from the exe (all "fixes" above are in place). I can't launch it from Uplay (The launcher where it says "synching save files" and such stays empty and doesn't stop loading). Also I can't shut it down properly. If I try to exit the game, nothing happenes and if I force-close it through Alt-F4 or taskmanager, Uplay doesn't recognize that the game is shut down and I need to force-close Uplay too.
Also, I only get 6-20 fps on low details, even though my specs are way above minimum in all aspects.

Really bad job, Ubisoft, reeeally bad job.

ivo1607
10-25-2017, 07:14 PM
Okay, I figured out what the problem was on my own.
I manually had to add TFBW in the Catalyst Control Center of my AMD Radeon graphics card. This solution is similar to the one for Nvidia graphics cards.

I am still very disappointed by the Ubisoft customer/technical support. It took them one week to get in touch with me and their suggestions arenīt worth mentioning.
In the future I will tink twice before buying another game from Ubisoft.

Palmerbro
10-26-2017, 04:32 AM
have you all checked to ensure that your Computer/laptop fits the requirements for the game, because computers should constantly be upgraded and replaced if you wish to play new release games, as it is intended. if your computer lacks the requirements then it might be the computers fault.

InMrMenShow
03-09-2018, 10:29 PM
Hi everyone...I'm new here in this forum and I have this problem...

I bought a cd of South Park the Fractured but Whole few days ago (along with South Park the Stick of Truth) from a store and I installed them in my new laptop.
The installation in both games went well without any problems but when I tried to launch them, well, nothing happens and somehow they don't launch.
I noticed that they just appear in few seconds on task manager and after they disappear completely from there plus no error message doesn't appear at all.
Oh please, help me out.
I want to play these games so badly so how to make them launch at all?

I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit.
CPU: Intel Core i3 6006U @ 2.00GHz

RAM: 4,00GB

Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 520 (HP)

Storage:119GB SanDisk SD8SN8U-128G-1006 (SSD)

:(:(:(

a_fading_shadow
03-28-2018, 08:37 AM
Seriously, the game has been out for how long and this issue STILL PERSISTS... What the heck are you guys doing over there.... Fix your Sh*t.............

a_fading_shadow
03-28-2018, 08:38 AM
3 days and I am doing a stop payment through my bank for fraudulent charges....

Drottzen
04-05-2018, 09:00 PM
Rename the "cache" folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\ to cache.old

Thanx to Plez on Steam-forum