PDA

View Full Version : global carrier ops

wavy navy
07-23-2004, 03:08 AM
Hi folks,
I'm a naval aviation fan (ex cfs2) and am waiting for PF to come out to satisfy my carrier fantasies. I have not played IL2 fb because
a.My comp is ****
b.I'm waiting until PF to upgrade
c. from what hear,il2 seems limited to the eastern front with limited maps and planeset for other theatres in AEP.(Is this right?)
d. postponing flightsimming for a while can't be a bad thing in my life

My question is, will buying likely il2 and PF allow me to create carrier ops in all the significant locales from in ww2 e.g med, atlantic etc (a great feature of cfs 2) or will this be patch/third party dependent?

thanks

wavy navy
07-23-2004, 03:08 AM
Hi folks,
I'm a naval aviation fan (ex cfs2) and am waiting for PF to come out to satisfy my carrier fantasies. I have not played IL2 fb because
a.My comp is ****
b.I'm waiting until PF to upgrade
c. from what hear,il2 seems limited to the eastern front with limited maps and planeset for other theatres in AEP.(Is this right?)
d. postponing flightsimming for a while can't be a bad thing in my life

My question is, will buying likely il2 and PF allow me to create carrier ops in all the significant locales from in ww2 e.g med, atlantic etc (a great feature of cfs 2) or will this be patch/third party dependent?

thanks

Yellonet
07-23-2004, 03:17 AM
a. Sorry to hear that.

b. ...aha.

c. Yes, that is correct, although there is a 3rd party addon with a western campaign called Battles Over Europe, I think.

d. Yes it can.

As to your question. You will probably be able to have carriers in europe, but no new europe maps will be done for PF is my guess, so there isn't much water for them to float around in. There always is a possibility of more maps in patches, but european maps would probably be for AEP, so I guess the best thing is to get IL-2 gold and then the PF addon.

- Yellonet

darkhorizon11
07-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Well I'm not on the design team but well to a certain extent yes. Obviously PF will focus on major battles in the pacific ocean. I'm sure thre will be some all water maps that you could simulate Atlantic battles with. There aren't many islands in the Atlantic anyways except for Bermuda and Cape Verdean. Mediteranaean stuff no doubt will be saved for BoB, but if your really good maybe will get some Baltic and North Sea maps.