PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer LAN question (outside joiner?)

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Hey all--

A group of IL2 flyers get together and have a LAN party using a router that is also connected to the internet (so 6 guys on the LAN behind the router which is then connected to a cable modem). Can an external person on a different cable modem somewhere else in the world get into the game?

So the router has an address of 67.XX.YY.ZZ and gives out LAN IPs to the 6 of 192.RR.SS.TT thru TY. I (being the external person) have an address of 76.GG.FF.EE.

Will this work?

Thanks.

* SithSpeeder *

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Hey all--

A group of IL2 flyers get together and have a LAN party using a router that is also connected to the internet (so 6 guys on the LAN behind the router which is then connected to a cable modem). Can an external person on a different cable modem somewhere else in the world get into the game?

So the router has an address of 67.XX.YY.ZZ and gives out LAN IPs to the 6 of 192.RR.SS.TT thru TY. I (being the external person) have an address of 76.GG.FF.EE.

Will this work?

Thanks.

* SithSpeeder *

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 05:13 PM
try it or 'suck it and see' is all i can offer. but someone will answer shortly try the techy room

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 05:14 PM
It depends on whether the addy you have is static or dynamic. It will work if it's static. If dynamic, use Dyndns.org to establish a domain/host and it will work./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif