PDA

View Full Version : blitz play

BillT1
03-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Has anybody done any tournaments between the default personalities in CM9K to find which is strongest at playing Blitz style??.Or do we assume that the "Chessmaster" personality is strongest at all levels of play.Naturally i could set up a touney to do this but I just thought that someone might be able to save me the time.
Nice new forum too thanks.......
BillT

BillT1
03-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Has anybody done any tournaments between the default personalities in CM9K to find which is strongest at playing Blitz style??.Or do we assume that the "Chessmaster" personality is strongest at all levels of play.Naturally i could set up a touney to do this but I just thought that someone might be able to save me the time.
Nice new forum too thanks.......
BillT

Fischer-The-2nd
03-05-2004, 03:25 PM
I haven't tried to do it but I assume that the chessmaster profile would be the strongest. The settings for all the higher personalities are quite the same, they all use 4mb for the hash table/transposition table.
I think this is the best setting for blitz games and since chessmaster has that setting too, plus the best/biggest opening book it should have a better advantage than the other profiles. But I think that many costum made profiles could beat if enough time has been invested into them.
Lastly, there's the factor of some personalities taking a bigger part of the CPU than the other (I think chessmaster would take the bigger part anytime), so if you want to play them out against each other then it would be best to do on 2 pc's. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
Fischer-The-2nd

Blitz kills ideas. Bobby Fischer

We may need a special title. Right now Kasparov is a GM and I am a GM! This is not the same Ruslan Ponomariov

A grandmaster needs to retain thousands of games in his head, for games are to him what the words of their mother tongue are to ordinary people, or notes or scores to musicians. Garry Kasparov

BillT1
03-06-2004, 01:05 AM
I have now run a few 5min/game tournaments ,and Chessmaster is well on top .........so I guess it comes down to whether anybody has a customised setting that beats Chessmaster at blitz level........ie an optimised "purely for blitz" setting/personality.
BillT

F16_Filur
03-17-2004, 10:57 AM
testing

[This message was edited by F16_Filur on Thu March 18 2004 at 08:10 PM.]