PDA

View Full Version : Potential Story DLC Idea

Archo-Vax
10-09-2017, 06:33 AM
Right. I suspect my usual audience will jump onto this fairly quickly. Or not. Assumptions are the mother of all screw-ups. But, that's just my prediction.

Right... basic purpose of the DLC would be to use the new maps in it's missions and incorporate new Heroes- for any newer players. Tutorial, and all that. Maybe use it as an excuse for an additional ad campaign and to get a shot in the arm.

The actual story will take place a matter of several months after Apollyon's death in the midst of the Seven Year War / Age of Wolves. It will revolve around a man (the antagonist) who goes by the alias of "Abraxas". A demon name.
See, we never saw the members of the Blackstone Circle. The only one we saw was Holden Cross. Apollyon, obviously, was the Warlord of the Blackstone Legion, with the seven members of the Blackstone Circle being her advisors and lieutenants.

Abraxas was Apollyon's Third-In-Command. Cross, Apollyon, and Abraxas were, shall we say... the "Big Three" of the Blackstones. Apollyon was the vision- the grand-scale manipulator and visionary. Holden Cross / Asmodai was the hands-on executor and "muscle"- the in-battle commander. And Abraxas? He was the brains. The tactical genius and planner.
Apollyon would make the decisions and pick out the Legion's objectives, and Cross would be relied upon to make those objectives happen through command of his vanguard. Abraxas would be the one to actually plan out the how, when, and where of these affairs. Abraxas's tactical and battle-field ingenuity were half the reason any of the Blackstone's missions were successful.

Abraxas was the closest thing that Apollyon may have had to a true soul-mate (we'll leave the exact details on that vague) but the two were certainly best friends. When Apollyon first joined the Blackstones, Abraxas was the first to jump on board with her philosophy and world-view. At the time he was known by the name of Janus Mirtov. He was there every step of the way as she worked her way up the ranks and became Warlord. He was always the first person she came to for advice, both before and after strategy meetings.

When the Blackstone Fortress was being sieged in 0 years B.A.D, Apollyon sent Abraxas and the other members of the Blackstone Circle away. Partly because she wanted the challenge of presiding over the siege herself. Partly because she wanted some vestige of her wisdom and Wolf vs. Sheep teachings to survive. And because she didn't want for Abraxas to die when he'd so obviously do his level-best to prevent their Legion from falling in the process. He would never let her live it down when she deliberately ignored his tactical advice and was defeated as a result. She died, obviously, but her initial desire was to succeed.

This DLC will spend a lot of it's time expanding on all of this as you, the player, will spend most of your time hunting down the six surviving members of the Blackstone Circle, with Abraxas being the final boss. Why? Well, while the three factions are tearing each other's respective faces off in the war, Abraxas has taken the last vestiges of the Blackstone's soldiers (those who refused to join the New Lord Warden- dismissing her new Legion as being too soft) and secluded his forces on an island fortress in the middle of the Austramar bay.
As Warlord of the Blackstones, he is attempting to discreetly procure resources and recruits from the surrounding regions, growing in strength, without gaining attention from any unwanted interlopers. His plan being to wait out the conflict. Unfortunately, a certain lower-level peon and/or scrub screwed up and left enough of a trail after a raid (for various tools and weapons from Viking territory) for one of the Samurai (probably one of the characters from the original story) and their platoon to track and prevent a follow-up operation. Abraxas will kill said commander for his failure, and pressure the Blackstone member in charge of that commander into rectifying the error.

So, that Circle member will then attempt to have that Samurai's deployment destroyed, but will fail and get killed.

This is what kick-starts Abraxas's fall, in an ever-shifting chain of events that will involve the Viking / Knight characters.

Tundra 793
10-09-2017, 06:43 AM
Solid work as always Archo, and I'm all for it. Then again at this point I'd be in favor of a Twilight inspired DLC if it meant we got more story.

Halvtand
10-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Then again at this point I'd be in favor of a Twilight inspired DLC if it meant we got more story.

Abraxas was the closest thing that Apollyon may have had to a true soul-mate (we'll leave the exact details on that vague) but the two were certainly best friends.

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Joking aside. I like the idea, and i think there is room for some exploration of the world and lore here. For instance, we're told in the main story that the legions, the romans (Centurion and gladiator I presume) disappeared long ago and/or evolved into the knights. Then suddenly we have the Centurion and Gladiator as playable heroes...? Did they come back? Is there a whole community of them? What happened?

Same with the relationship between the viking faction and the highlanders. Could use some exploring.

Archo-Vax
10-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Still a better love story than Twilight.

Joking aside. I like the idea, and i think there is room for some exploration of the world and lore here. For instance, we're told in the main story that the legions, the romans (Centurion and gladiator I presume) disappeared long ago and/or evolved into the knights. Then suddenly we have the Centurion and Gladiator as playable heroes...? Did they come back? Is there a whole community of them? What happened?

Same with the relationship between the viking faction and the highlanders. Could use some exploring.

I have created an entire thread dedicated to For Honor Lore. It is pinned at the top of the General Forum. It contains the answers you seek.

Xinlyfenne
10-09-2017, 04:34 PM
...of the DLC would be to use the new maps in it's missions and incorporate new Heroes...

...for one of the Samurai (probably one of the characters from the original story) and their platoon to track and prevent a follow-up operation.

Interesting idea; one worth mentioning.

Cent. could betray Abraxas. They could also be part of the six bosses.

Glad. could be a mercenary who has taken interest in the war, and wants to show off his skill.

Instead of a familiar face, perhaps the Samurai in this scenario could be the new S4 hero (Ronin?).

Shinobi could be introduced where he/she steals battle plans, assassinates a boss or parleys Cent.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but they could also add special missions where you must do a special action to defeat an opponent. Like killing a distanced opponent with a ranged attack (Shinobi), or requirement of executing an opponent in a duel (Glad.). These mission would teach players to use advanced skill-sets.