PDA

View Full Version : Explain "Fight Controls Tuning"?

DaLast_Samurai
10-08-2017, 10:57 PM
PS4

So under the new Advanced Setting is "Fight Controls Tuning", with some new interesting tuning options.
Pretty much the only one I understand is the Guard Mode Dead Zone which we had before.

Can anyone explain how the rest of these work and effect your fighting?

Guard Up Stance Angle
Full Block / Hidden Stance Angle
Rotate Widget

I guess the Rotate Widget is kind of self-explanatory, as you can see as you move it up / down your guard zones shift on an angle rather than facing directly at your opponent.
But I still don't fully understand the purpose or use of altering this either.

Any help?

Thanks!

HumoLoco
10-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Its how you want to perform on your right hand to control the stick analog to feel comfortable with playing on for honor. I am glad that they added that. so i can do the way i do.

DaLast_Samurai
10-08-2017, 11:29 PM
How does it alter your right stick peformance?
I didn't get anything from that, but thank you for trying to clue me in.

HumoLoco
10-08-2017, 11:53 PM
How does it alter your right stick peformance?
I didn't get anything from that, but thank you for trying to clue me in.

here is my fight control tuning
https://i.imgur.com/NrzSR2Y.jpg

DaLast_Samurai
10-09-2017, 12:02 AM
You've got your GUARD UP STANCE ANGLE shrunken down by 15, what does that mean?
What does it do for you?

You've got your FULL BLOCK / HIDDEN STANCE ANGLE increased by 2, what does that mean?
What does it do for you?

You've got the left side of your ROTATE WIDGET facing up, what does that mean?
What does that do for you?

None of this is explained in the details below when you highlight them, it just say adjust the listed feature.

HumoLoco
10-09-2017, 12:05 AM
You've got your GUARD UP STANCE ANGLE shrunken down by 15, what does that mean?
What does it do for you?

You've got your FULL BLOCK / HIDDEN STANCE ANGLE increased by 2, what does that mean?
What does it do for you?

You've got the left side of your ROTATE WIDGET facing up, what does that mean?
What does that do for you?

None of this is explained in the details below when you highlight them, it just say adjust the listed feature.

look at the guard/zone guard logo. it is what you can control the right analog meaning the direction where you can go up, right, left, down into "X" or the opposite direction. for example if you set guard up into down. you press up into hidden stance instead guard up.

Edit:

to clear answer your question.

Guard up Stance Angle meaning how much size can you perform with it such as sensitivity up to adjust it further.

Full block/ hidden stance Angle meaning how much size can you perform with it such as entrance and exit angle.

Guard mode dead zone is adjust the size of guard mode dead zone. to 0 mean no dead zone.

Rotate widget meaning you change the direction from the default values.

Malyngo
10-09-2017, 10:15 AM
https://i.imgur.com/NrzSR2Y.jpg
Basically, if you look at the graphic on the right, this circle thingy, imagine this as the movement area of the right stick.
So the way Humo Loco has set it up is that to get into top guard, he can move the stick somewhere in the direction of the upper left light grey area.

With the -35 rotation, he has tilted the area to the left, so the top guard will be hit if he moves his stick somewhere in between straight up and straight to the left.
to get into Full Block / hidden stance (only relevant for Warlord, Nobushi and Conq, if I am not mistaken), he has to move the stick bottom rightish. Straight down will hit a dead zone, I think, and do nothing (not sure if I am correct about the dead zone)

Basically, this is aligned with the angle your thumb is lying on the stick.

Malyngo
10-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Oh, I am wrong about the dead zone. The deadzone is the inner circle. If you make the dead zone wider, this inner circle will grow. You basically have to move the stick more to trigger the movement.

I don't know what the medium grey zones are that are on the left and right side of the full block zone.

HumoLoco
10-09-2017, 06:33 PM
Oh, I am wrong about the dead zone. The deadzone is the inner circle. If you make the dead zone wider, this inner circle will grow. You basically have to move the stick more to trigger the movement.

I don't know what the medium grey zones are that are on the left and right side of the full block zone.

the medium grey zones is what you can entrance and exit. If i down-right to the medium grey zone will be active such as nobushi's hidden stance. but if i straight down from down-right will be exit with nobuhi's hidden stance.

DaLast_Samurai
10-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Alright, some awesome explanations here...
Thanks for helping me figure this out guys.
Totally get it now.

UbiJurassic
10-10-2017, 06:26 PM
look at the guard/zone guard logo. it is what you can control the right analog meaning the direction where you can go up, right, left, down into "X" or the opposite direction. for example if you set guard up into down. you press up into hidden stance instead guard up.

Edit:

to clear answer your question.

Guard up Stance Angle meaning how much size can you perform with it such as sensitivity up to adjust it further.

Full block/ hidden stance Angle meaning how much size can you perform with it such as entrance and exit angle.

Guard mode dead zone is adjust the size of guard mode dead zone. to 0 mean no dead zone.

Rotate widget meaning you change the direction from the default values.

Basically, if you look at the graphic on the right, this circle thingy, imagine this as the movement area of the right stick.
So the way Humo Loco has set it up is that to get into top guard, he can move the stick somewhere in the direction of the upper left light grey area.

With the -35 rotation, he has tilted the area to the left, so the top guard will be hit if he moves his stick somewhere in between straight up and straight to the left.
to get into Full Block / hidden stance (only relevant for Warlord, Nobushi and Conq, if I am not mistaken), he has to move the stick bottom rightish. Straight down will hit a dead zone, I think, and do nothing (not sure if I am correct about the dead zone)

Basically, this is aligned with the angle your thumb is lying on the stick.

Great job helping him out, guys! The new zone customization can be daunting at first glance, but your both did a great job of explaining it. :)