PDA

View Full Version : General discussion spam?!

Yatagarasu-san
10-07-2017, 04:54 PM
What the hell? Do I have to turn on some filter , or is it normal ... to have so much spam in Ubisoft Forum??

Tundra 793
10-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Is it normal? Yes.

It is acceptable? No.

This has gone on for too long, it's just amateurish and annoying beyond belief. Nothing screams incompetence more than when the first 2-3 sometimes 4 pages of your forum is literally, all spam.

Halvtand
10-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Aye, it's normal. There usually is a few pages worth of the stuff like Tundra said. How hard can it be to implement some kind of system to at least get rid of some of it before it even hits the forum? Whatever is being done is obviously not enough.

SoulEavens
10-07-2017, 07:54 PM
How exactly would you do that? There is nothing they can do but Delete the threads after they have been spammed. The Person spamming those Threads just has to get a new IP Adress, (which is very easy), make a new Mail Account, registere here, and it is happy spamming again. (If he isn't letting a Bot do the spamming.)

How exactly would you prevent that? It's not like the Moderators can watch every Forum 24h/7Days a Week.

UbiInsulin
10-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Sorry guys! We delete it as soon as we see it. It's no fun for us either.

Thank you for letting us know how this is impacting your use of the forums, I'll make sure to pass this thread on.

Jarl.Felix
10-07-2017, 08:45 PM
He makes sure to pass it on this thread on ... :D as in " how does,spam on forum affects your experience ? God, I'm getting so tired of "comm reps" imposed answers like "we are working on it, we are adressing this" , " let us know about it", "we're making sure that .." bla bla.. I feel like in their desperate need to keep us around they take us for fools.

Mia.Nora
10-07-2017, 09:00 PM
He makes sure to pass it on this thread on ... :D as in " how does,spam on forum affects your experience ? God, I'm getting so tired of "comm reps" imposed answers like "we are working on it, we are adressing this" , " let us know about it", "we're making sure that .." bla bla.. I feel like in their desperate need to keep us around they take us for fools.

He is just an employee doing the job he is told to.

Halvtand
10-07-2017, 09:17 PM
How exactly would you prevent that? It's not like the Moderators can watch every Forum 24h/7Days a Week.

Well, that is very true, but there are a few countermeasures.
There is the box you have to tick that says "I am not a bot". Usually followed by typing in a code or clocking pictures (yes, we all love them).

We could ban the phrase "http" from the subject line. Wouldn't fix the problem, but would make it harder for spammers.

We could make it so posts made in the first week from creation needs to be approved by a mod before posting on the forum. This would mean more work for the mods, but might prove effective.