PDA

View Full Version : Salt Reduction

MondoMiniBus
10-06-2017, 05:34 PM
Dear Ubisoft,
I had an idea to help reduce the amount of salt among players. How about removing the requirement for a defeated player to watch themselves be executed? Give them the option to immediately start watching another teammate, or at least a map sky view, instead of the 3 second wait after having to watch themselves be eviscerated. Executions are only for the winner and just add salt to the wound when you lose. Maybe some people want to watch themselves be executed, but give them the option.
Also, how bout not making them look at their dead body when they lose the match? Nothing is more frustrating than watching someone dancing over your corpse after ganking you, when you know they couldn't have beat you on their own! Again, switch it to the map sky overview.

Nokhchalla
10-06-2017, 05:40 PM
Watching yourself getting executed is part of the game, changing it is not gonna happen.

Instead I would suggest Ubisoft implement an option of watching yourself fight the opponent/s that killed you, 10-15 seconds before you died to analyze your mistakes, like in alot of FPS games.

RatedChaotic
10-06-2017, 06:13 PM
My car has a sticker on the back glass that says.....Salt Life....For me, it has 2 meanings....I live on the beach if your wondering...lol

RatedChaotic
10-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Watching yourself getting executed is part of the game, changing it is not gonna happen.

Instead I would suggest Ubisoft implement an option of watching yourself fight the opponent/s that killed you, 10-15 seconds before you died to analyze your mistakes, like in alot of FPS games.

I agree.Its part of the game. I think adding an opponent kill cam could be very useful. New players could use it to learn and could help with catching cheaters. May even help narrow the player skill gap. Make it optional tho..I know players that hate kill cams.

DoctorMcBatman
10-06-2017, 06:39 PM
I agree.Its part of the game. I think adding an opponent kill cam could be very useful. New players could use it to learn and could help with catching cheaters. May even help narrow the player skill gap. Make it optional tho..I know players that hate kill cams.

Also. There's a good chance you'll see your killer die in those 15 seconds too, especially if its not a 1v1 situation/Dominion. Salt alleviated!

UbiInsulin
10-06-2017, 06:55 PM
I'll definitely pass the kill-cam suggestion on to the team, as I can see how it would be a great learning tool.

If we can find a way to nerf Salt, I think we'd have to consider it. I know Salt is considered pretty powerful in the current meta. I can at least let the team know that some players would like the option to skip the execution.

gj4063
10-06-2017, 08:27 PM
On console at least, you can hold down the score screen to obscure most of it.

I cam guarantee you that a Viking would noe beg for his life (thumb up or down) from a bottom feeding, cheese throwing centurion.

Alustar.exe
10-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Seriously!? I can't even believe this idea is a thing! OP has to be trolling.
Thank you ChechenOverlord for suggesting some thing that made this thread actually worth while.

Jazz117Volkov
10-06-2017, 10:25 PM
I just like to see all the executions from both sides.

Got killed by a Warden the other day: spinning decapitation. I was like: "So's that what I've been doing to everyone. Smooth AF."

The kill feed is a good idea though. But I'm not sure I'd benefit from it. 95% of the time I know exactly what killed me...trying to guard break a Conq's shield bash, for example. Because I'm a ******.

MondoMiniBus
02-01-2019, 02:43 AM
I know it's part of the game and I'm not suggesting they remove executions. My point is removing the requirement for the person BEING executed to watch it. Nothing worse than feeling you got robbed in a fight and then have to watch the execution. Giving you the option to go directly to another player's cam is probably easier than adding a kill cam.

Rhyza.
02-01-2019, 05:27 AM

That would only work in 1v1. Everythign else, all you're going to do is watch the constant ganking. How is that going to help?

One way is to reduce emote spam. All that does is rub salt in the wound. Maybe set it so it can't be done immediately after combat. That way you can have those freaks that say 'it's fun' do it in base or something, but unable to do it after a fight.