PDA

View Full Version : After update it's so hard to press zone on console's joystick

Vonnivek
10-06-2017, 03:35 PM
After today's update, it's so hard to use zone on console's joystick
To use zone attack, you have to press R1 and R2 at the same time ( for xbox, RB and RT)
but every time I press them at the same time,
it always trigger a heavy attack
I have to press R1 slightly earlier than R2 to trigger zone
and the timing is so strict that if I press R1 too early, it will become a light attack

Anyone here has the same issue?
Any trick or advice to use zone more easily?

gj4063
10-06-2017, 04:14 PM
I had the same issue this morning. Trying to clear soldiers got me 2 heavies for every zone. I also ended up with right heavy attacks when locked on, instead of right zone with zerker, but less often an issue then when unlocked.

Halvtand
10-06-2017, 04:35 PM
The timing isn't that much off if you're used to going for a zone without flicker. If you are having trouble learning the new timing go into a bot match and practice a few times to get it down.

UbiInsulin
10-06-2017, 08:40 PM
It may just be an issue of more practice being required after the change, as Halvtand indicated, but I'll be sure to let the FH team know that you're accidentally heavy-attacking when trying to zone since the patch.

Manlorey
10-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Having the same issue here. The zone seems broken and I just can't get it right no matter how much I try. I used to play with the Raiju and everything worked just fine, until the "great" patch.
This controller also has a different sink depth on the shoulder buttons, so now am I supposed to just stop using a great and ergonomic controller because For Honor does not work well with input now?

The timing isn't that much off if you're used to going for a zone without flicker. If you are having trouble learning the new timing go into a bot match and practice a few times to get it down.
Now what is that supposed to mean? So I can't get a working zone at all, so I must be a flicker bug user now? Now that's a really good answer there, real classy.

Halvtand
10-07-2017, 02:29 PM
Now what is that supposed to mean? So I can't get a working zone at all, so I must be a flicker bug user now? Now that's a really good answer there, real classy.

It's supposed to mean that the timing required for a successful zone attack is stricter now than it was before. This entails that your precision in pressing both buttons (triggers) at once needs to be higher now than before to achieve a successful ZA. This in turn means that if you are used to not going for a flicker, you will need to modify your timing less than those who are used to going for flicker. For those that are having trouble reprogramming their muscle-memory I also leave the suggestion to practice against bots as they tend to move in a more predictable manner and will not punish as hard if you would miss the input.

You chose to interpret it as an accusation of guilt. This was not the intended effect of my post. However, since you had this reaction, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace it all the way up and tie it good.

Manlorey
10-07-2017, 04:08 PM
It's supposed to mean that the timing required for a successful zone attack is stricter now than it was before. This entails that your precision in pressing both buttons (triggers) at once needs to be higher now than before to achieve a successful ZA. This in turn means that if you are used to not going for a flicker, you will need to modify your timing less than those who are used to going for flicker. For those that are having trouble reprogramming their muscle-memory I also leave the suggestion to practice against bots as they tend to move in a more predictable manner and will not punish as hard if you would miss the input.

You chose to interpret it as an accusation of guilt. This was not the intended effect of my post. However, since you had this reaction, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace it all the way up and tie it good.
Now, thats another great post from you, it seems.
Based on YOUR accusations pulled, to use your analogy, from your already well tied and fitted shoe, YOU claim that other gamers who have trouble with the zone after the patch are flicker bug users. Yes, I am having trouble with the zone and my controller seems not to be well suited for this task after the patch due to mechanical features like different sink depth. And after being told that to accuse other people to be bug users (without any proof of it at all) is just false, your answer is, that the person who does say that must be one. Again, without any proof throwing accusations.

Did anyone told you yet that your self-importance is a bit high?

Jarl.Felix
10-07-2017, 08:46 PM
I experience this crap even on PC with my conqueror. They messed it up again.

Halvtand
10-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Now, thats another great post from you, it seems.
Thank you.

YOU claim that other gamers who have trouble with the zone after the patch are flicker bug users.
Nope. I have only claimed that the required timing for a successful ZA is not so different now, compared to before the patch. This is of course with the added exception that the difference is greater for people who are used to input the commands with some time between them which has until now (that is, if this patch has gotten rid of them, more data is needed) produced a flicker.

Yes, I am having trouble with the zone and my controller seems not to be well suited for this task after the patch due to mechanical features like different sink depth.
Neat. I play on both an X360 controller and a DS4. I also play on both PC and PS4. I know all about the difference in sink depth, as well as button sensitivity, stick positioning and relative responsiveness. This is why I added the suggestion to play against bots to practice the new timing.

And after being told that to accuse other people to be bug users (without any proof of it at all) is just false, your answer is, that the person who does say that must be one. Again, without any proof throwing accusations.
I have made no accusations, nor presented any kind of claim that should not be sufficiently backed up by logic and common knowledge.
As a matter of fact I have not accused you personally nor people who struggle with the new timing in general of being exploiters. Read my posts, it's not there.

Did anyone told you yet that your self-importance is a bit high?
I guess you won't be surprised to learn that it happens all the time. Most people find me arrogant. But that's not the point, is it? Name-calling usually drowns out the original argument. Well, let me tell you something. It doesn't matter how long or wide the stick up my behind may be. It doesn't matter in the least who or what I am. I'm just some bugger on the internet. What matters are the points I make, and those that you make, and our respective abilities to back up our own of disprove each other's points.
So here's a point for you. The reason I have not made any accusations is that I don't need to. The people who have problems with the new timing because they've gotten used to pulling flickers knows that's why they're having problems. The people who have problems because of hardware restrictions or physical issues knows that's why.

Halvtand
10-07-2017, 08:53 PM
I experience this crap even on PC with my conqueror. They messed it up again.

You've actually found a use for Conq's ZA? Do tell.

Jarl.Felix
10-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Minions on dominion. The only use tho.

Halvtand
10-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Minions on dominion. The only use tho.

Oh, I was hoping for something meaty.
Only use I've found is to get revenge, throw opponent into a corner (so the bugger falls down), stand right on top of the poor sod and start swinging. Apparently if you do this on wakeup it's really hard or impossible to parry. i have not been parried once when I've done this. Then again, my opponents may lack the skill to do so and I've only pulled it off a few times.

Zombie.Mantis
10-08-2017, 12:01 AM
agree its quite hard to zone, id rather have the flicker back to be honest. u kinda have to be a robot to hit them at the exact same time consistently.

I_Sash_I
10-10-2017, 09:56 AM
It would be usefull to add an option which allows you to tune the sensibility of the gamepad triggers.

Dude_of_Valor
10-10-2017, 10:00 AM
You've actually found a use for Conq's ZA? Do tell.

I came across one Conqueror that used it to disrupt any attack you threw at him when in relative close quarters. He did not do it all the time, but enough to catch you off guard.

CandleInTheDark
10-10-2017, 03:44 PM
I hit zone about four in five times I try it, I had to get used to the xbox pad having further to press on the trigger than the bumper but once I got that down I had much more success with it.In my view it is much better than having flicker,do some practice against the bots, see where you are in a month or so. Like with alot of complaints the bulk of it seems to be this is new and I am not used to it.

gj4063
10-10-2017, 07:26 PM
I'm really confused now. How is timing of pressing two buttons at the same time while unlocked, to clear minions time, any different now vs before the patch???? My controller hasn't changed and there's no settings in game to adjust buttons depressiion sensitivity. W...t...f

I_Sash_I
10-10-2017, 07:37 PM
there's no settings in game to adjust buttons depressiion sensitivity. W...t...f
This

gj4063
10-10-2017, 07:59 PM
I know! "Practice"!?!?!? Are you fing kdding me? I can go to zone B and stop, stand still in the middle of all the minions, and press both buttons and get a heavy attack instead of a zone. This NEVER happened before the patch.

gj4063
10-10-2017, 08:00 PM
The ONLY explanation that I can even guess at is that ubi changed the button sensitivity in the code and we have no access to adjusting that value.

TheTKOShow
10-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Yep and maybe it's time zone got its own button

Antonioj26
10-10-2017, 08:38 PM
The ONLY explanation that I can even guess at is that ubi changed the button sensitivity in the code and we have no access to adjusting that value.

They did, it was the way they fixed zone flicker in the pts.

Akira_Makaze
10-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Yep and maybe it's time zone got its own button

I would luv that..but this is crazy, my rochi goes to B zone and he throws a heavy now instead of zone attack which slows me down killing minions......this is frustrating cuz im scared to zone against my enemies when im surrounded...it's instant punish or even death if a heavy happens instead of a zone....please fix this as soon possible...is this happening for all characters? Cuz I've seen players spamming zone like this don't bother them or affect them.

gj4063
10-10-2017, 08:50 PM
I found a solution. Don't go to zone B anymore.

Akira_Makaze
10-11-2017, 02:24 AM
I found a solution. Don't go to zone B anymore. OMG your so smart...I should've thought of that....thanks... Ur my go-to guy for answers... :)