PDA

View Full Version : Centurion

DKDridin
10-06-2017, 01:55 PM
So I don't main Centurion or anything but I figured I'd hop on it and just see how bad the damage was and holy s*** did you guys ever f*** it up. You might as well just take it out of the game and give us our money back for that one. Thank God I'm a nobushi or I'd be really pissed.

Illyrian_King
10-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Are you serious dude?!

They removed his wallstagger and adjusted his stamina play a bit ... in my eyes he is still a bit too OP, but now it's acceptable.

If you are crying because of the wallstagger, the you play crap!
If you cry about the stamina point ... you also play crap :D

Learn how to play.

Tyrjo
10-06-2017, 02:09 PM
I don't agree. All fixes were good fixes. He still has very easy access to stuns and still has an insane wall splat punish.

DKDridin
10-06-2017, 02:24 PM
I understand that you must be part of the group that is bad enough at this game to think that Centurion was OP. You couldnt figure out how to beat him so I get it. I also get that you are bad enough to want to cry and cry to developers to nerf a character that you dont play because you dont like him. So insult me if you want, you are ****, and the Centurion is ruined.

DoctorMcBatman
10-06-2017, 02:31 PM
I understand that you must be part of the group that is bad enough at this game to think that Centurion was OP. You couldnt figure out how to beat him so I get it. I also get that you are bad enough to want to cry and cry to developers to nerf a character that you dont play because you dont like him. So insult me if you want, you are ****, and the Centurion is ruined.

The fact is: regardless of you or Aarpian's self proclaimed skillz, the vast majority of players had issues fighting Centurion. To claim Centurion was 100% fine in it's state before the patch, is wrong - especially in 4v4 play.

As an assassin player mainly, I generally had no major issues 1v1ing a Centurion, unless we were near a wall (which unfortunately, is many of the fighting areas in the game).

Does that make us **** players (as you say)? I don't care, lol. With all of the connection issues, bugs, etc.; I now have one less frustration to worry about in this game.

Tyrjo
10-07-2017, 08:41 AM

Well, if you are so damn good at this game, these nerfs should be nothing for you. Centurion still has an amazing kit.

Illyrian_King
10-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Well, if you are so damn good at this game, these nerfs should be nothing for you. Centurion still has an amazing kit.

Yeah but can you hear sourself? ^^

You ask him not to infinite wallsplat :rolleyes: .... because that's basically all that has been nerfed!

Aarpian
10-09-2017, 11:37 AM
The fact is: regardless of you or Aarpian's self proclaimed skillz, the vast majority of players had issues fighting Centurion. To claim Centurion was 100% fine in it's state before the patch, is wrong - especially in 4v4 play.

As an assassin player mainly, I generally had no major issues 1v1ing a Centurion, unless we were near a wall (which unfortunately, is many of the fighting areas in the game).

Does that make us **** players (as you say)? I don't care, lol. With all of the connection issues, bugs, etc.; I now have one less frustration to worry about in this game.

Centurion is and always was mediocre in 4v4. His "cutscene" damage almost never sees play because it gets interrupted and punished in team play. His low HP made him very vulnerable, and his leap attack on downed opponents means he can't properly utilise knockdowns from revenge because of the amount of time it takes and how long he leaves himself open for.
The only thing he was good for was ganking, and even then he didn't really do anything that a shugoki or lawbringer can't do just as well, while also being able to actually defend a point 2v1.

In 1v1, they didn't fix him at all. The only thing that was universally agreed upon was that his light parry punish is too good, and they left it alone in order to nerf his offense and heavy parry punish. His gameplay now even further revolves around getting a GB next to a wall, or parrying a light.

The problem with nerfing characters to appease bad players, is that a lot of those players actually end up getting better, rendering that nerfed character weak for the majority of players. It's not like it's difficult to learn what to do to not get your *** kicked by a centurion. Hell, you can take more proactive steps to protect yourself from a cent than most characters - Are you standing next to a wall? Walk away from it and block everything until you're not next to a wall. Congrats, you just gimped centurion.

timur_the_boss
10-14-2017, 12:35 AM
Crap? my KD is well above 2. I'm usually top for my team regardless if we win or lose. Yes His stamina is toxic. I usually **** him up. But his stamina is very much different to other champions. Stop talking nonsense. His wallstagger doesn't work on me because I'm not dumb enough to go and battle him in a environment surrounded by walls. I attack centurions players in open space.

timur_the_boss
10-14-2017, 12:46 AM
My god, You guy's think as a 8th rep Berserker, 6th Rep Conqueror, 3rd rep Gladiator, That I have picked up a controller for the first time. His wall stagger can be easily dealt with. Its the unorthodox frame rate when he swings his sword 3 times. If one of those hits you. then you get hit by all 3 attacks regardless of where you DI your shield. And it basically cannot be parried. His stamina yes is still toxic. Think about this. Compare him to other champs he is pretty much the only one who stamina drains. Who else does it? It's ****ing ********.

timur_the_boss
10-14-2017, 12:50 AM

Good I'm glad they ruined him. You would probably still get ****ed by me.

bmason1000
10-14-2017, 03:27 AM
My god, You guy's think as a 8th rep Berserker, 6th Rep Conqueror, 3rd rep Gladiator, That I have picked up a controller for the first time. His wall stagger can be easily dealt with. Its the unorthodox frame rate when he swings his sword 3 times. If one of those hits you. then you get hit by all 3 attacks regardless of where you DI your shield. And it basically cannot be parried. His stamina yes is still toxic. Think about this. Compare him to other champs he is pretty much the only one who stamina drains. Who else does it? It's ****ing ********.when he "swings his sword three times" is his zone attack and it's incredibly easy to parry, ESPECIALLY after getting hit by one of the swings. The direction of the attacks alternate and they're not very fast. If you gwt hit by one, prepare to parry in the other direction. The third attack is the slowest and is by far the easiest to parry. Often times if i get caught by the first, i will simply block the second because the third is almost comically easy to parry.

ChampionRuby50g
10-14-2017, 03:55 AM
Good I'm glad they ruined him. You would probably still get ****ed by me.

1v1 me irl, meet me at Rust and don't bring flashbangs and i'll school you in the art that is quickscoping, fgt.

TommyMacpherson
10-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Lol he is still OP. Like previous comments mention he is just more tolerable now.. the move set/combo can still be implemented.. consider yourself lucky his move set hasn't been reworked.. Because that is where the flaw to this character lies.. his stamina got a rework instead... apart from the nerf he is still the exact same centurion.. still combo spamming.. i would have removed him completely from the game because like I said; his flaw is with the move set.. rather than anything else.. he is just that little bit more tolerable.. And to be honest if you need centurion like he was before the nerf.. It actually shows a lot as to how you play. I can count the players that have made decent plays and opponents on my hand, the community the vast majority can't play: and instead rely on a single combo.. And grab attempts.. the centurion is described as 'mix-up intensive' please for the love of god.. use him like that... there are a lot of flaws game wise.. nevermind posts talking about Centurion needing a revert back.. Because players can only use the same combo.. last note: players still use the same silly combo.. make a change from your single combos.. And you'll more than likely be successful with this new nerf. (Which was justified) Thanks! And when I say silly combo... I mean constant one after the other... the entire time.

IesooMI
10-15-2017, 09:54 PM
His neutral game is absolute garbage now (not that is was any good before) idk why they removed stun on the kick. The jab is trash and might aswell be removed from his kit other than full jab from charged heavy. All he has left is decent punishes but have fun with those with the removal of timesnap lights are a real treat on console.

CandleInTheDark
10-15-2017, 10:03 PM
Compare him to other champs he is pretty much the only one who stamina drains.

Conqueror (shield bash) Shinobi (kick) Raider (stampede charge) Gladiator (buckler smash, also dazes) just off the top of my head.

Not weighing in on the rest of the debate but falsehoods don't help any.

Howard_T_J
10-15-2017, 10:45 PM
He was made manageable. There are some things he can keep a chain in. But I have a little more time and range to deal with him now.

ArchDukeInstinct
10-16-2017, 02:05 AM

ITT: Guy who is crying and raging in a very embarrassing public display, accuses others of crying.

Depressd_Cent
10-16-2017, 07:25 PM
The only thing about his nerf that i find annoying is his range they should've left his range alone

JuiceManDrew
10-16-2017, 07:47 PM
Thank God I'm a nobushi or I'd be really pissed.

Donít belittle centurion mains when hoebushi is on the same level of cheesiness, if not more cheesy.

CommanderCrud
10-17-2017, 12:31 AM
After reading about "how badly they nerfed cent." for a few days I finally came across one and it ****d me up per usual. I think he was rep 1 or 2 against my rep 9 Zerk and i had no chance whatsoever to do anything, classic. End of story.