PDA

View Full Version : I want to get better with centurion any tips?

EyyupY95
10-06-2017, 10:55 AM
I want to get better with centurion without the wall splat cheese combo so any tips for me?

Thank you

Halvtand
10-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Cent is still a pretty decent character. Just practice the combos and try to mix it up. The light-gb or the heavy-cancel/into/gb can net you some great kills.

PDXGorechild
10-06-2017, 11:15 AM
The key is to roll your face smoothly across your keyboard/controller. Try and position yourself near a wall before doing this for extra effectiveness. This should give you a win against most opponents other than other centurions, in which case you'll just have to hope you are better at rolling your face across your controller/keyboard than they are.

EyyupY95
10-06-2017, 12:02 PM
The key is to roll your face smoothly across your keyboard/controller. Try and position yourself near a wall before doing this for extra effectiveness. This should give you a win against most opponents other than other centurions, in which case you'll just have to hope you are better at rolling your face across your controller/keyboard than they are.

Best advice ever my winrate increased by 100% but my nose hurts

EyyupY95
10-06-2017, 12:03 PM
Cent is still a pretty decent character. Just practice the combos and try to mix it up. The light-gb or the heavy-cancel/into/gb can net you some great kills.

Isnt the light gb useless since they always block the guardbreak?

I-ModernSpartan
10-06-2017, 12:46 PM
practice your combos
your target is to open your opponent defense and drain their stamina - if you will try to do something you will have a very bad time
use the legion kick, jab/charged jab, charged heavy and the jumping attack
after that you could learn some other stuff
just wrote a post about the after patch Centurion - i think it can help you (the second and third paragraphs)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1760740-After-Patch-Centurion

Halvtand
10-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Isnt the light gb useless since they always block the guardbreak?

I wouldn't say useless. Just don't do it very often, and if you fail once don't use it against the same opponent again. The best time for it is kick-light-gb as the stunning effect of the kick might obscure the gb enough for you to land it. It's a gamble, but if you can get that gb you've got some nice options.

EyyupY95
10-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Any other ideas?

SoulEavens
10-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Well for once you need to be aware what your moves do against your Match Up. Please Note i have never played Centurion, so the Advice i can give is limited. I have however killed many Centurions, and i pretty much know almost their entire Kit. Most ov Centurions Moves are very telegraphed and can easily be punished, on the other hand you can really bring in the Hurt with your Combos.

First let me Adress your "Legions Kick", do not use this if you are Fighting anyone with a Dodgeattack. Every Conqueror, Peacekeeper, Berserker, Orochi, Gladiator etc,... will just dodge in their side Attack. Most of your Unblockables/Stuns, now leave you wide open, if you miss, that is why you should never throw them out like that. Feinting is now your Most importend Tool. Try to Feint Heavies into Lights, Guardbreaks and Jabs. Try to get your Combos of like that, but don't be supriesed when enemies counterguarbreak you once you get to the GB in the Combo. If your enemie Spams lights at you or has very slow Heavies, (like Shugoki and Conqueror for example) try tp parry them for a free punish.

Centurion still has his meanest Combo remaining, that is: Fully charged Heavy--->Jab---> Eagles Talon (Jump Attack). This Attack has now finally a shortend range, making it far easier to Dodge, this should however be the First thing you do when you gang up on someone. (If you see a Chance to do it of course.) This Combo drains about half the Health of about every other Hero. No Hero except perhaps a prior undamged Warlord will survive this Combo twice.
This fully charged Heavy can be parried, so be warry of using it against good oponents who are great at Parrying.

When it comes to Matchups, heavys and Vanguards are your Favorite Prey, but be wary of Assasins, their quick lights can interrupt most of your moves. Also Conqueror is your worst Matchup since, his superior Block Heavy Attacks Murders most of your Combos since they rely on Heavy Attacks. If fighting a Conqueror go at it defensive, look for Parry opportunitys, stick to lights and Feint. Your easiest Matchup is Shugoki, if you can parry/evade his Strong Attacks, and evade his Demons Embrace, your can wreck him pretty easily. Also he has the slowest Dodge, so you can spam another Legion kick at him when he his OOS, he will not be able to Dodge again. Be wary of his hyper Armour thoug.

That is all i know, please note this is just the Knowledge i gained by fighting him. Your Milage may Vary.