PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft just killed the only enjoyable champ for me in this game

IzSilvers1
10-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Good job on killing the Centurion, the only champ I really enjoyed playing. I get that he was way too OP, you're basically done if you get caught in his deadly combo, but come on, that "nerf" was just way too much, he's totally unplayable now, I found myself losing even against the slowest champs in the game. Good job again Ubisoft.

Tundra 793
10-05-2017, 11:24 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/violin-steve-buscemi.gif

Netcode_err_404
10-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Good job on killing the Centurion, the only champ I really enjoyed playing. I get that he was way too OP, you're basically done if you get caught in his deadly combo, but come on, that "nerf" was just way too much, he's totally unplayable now, I found myself losing even against the slowest champs in the game. Good job again Ubisoft.

What they did was just increase a little the cost of the kicks and the stamina drain.

And they removed that lame infinite stunlock against a wall, so, if now for you is unplayable the reasons are 2 :

1) You were one of these scrubs infinite stunlocking people

2) You are bad.

Both requires you to take a breath and think about what this game needs to be taken seriously by both esport scene, and normal players.

A single GB/parry can still half the HP of the majority of the roster. Think about it.

Speaking about dominion, they just slightly nerfed the distance coered by charged heavies, if you consider he could jump for 5 meters. He is a man, not a plane.

Arekonator
10-05-2017, 11:29 PM
And nothing of value was lost.

SenBotsu893
10-05-2017, 11:37 PM
to be honest i am so fed up with centurions cheap ways of winning that i wouldnt mind him beeing hit with a way harder nerf.

but hearing the first cent main cry is the sweetest symphony to my ears.

The_B0G_
10-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Should have happened a couple months ago.

UbiNoty
10-06-2017, 12:09 AM
The changes we made were with very careful consideration and evaluation by the team. Much of it is founded on community feedback that we received from you all, but we only implemented changes that we feel will be better for the health of FH as a whole. Like with all balance changes, this is not the end - and we'll be keeping watch to see how the changes affect his performance. Later we'll make any further calibrations in another patch if necessary.

SwellChemosabe
10-06-2017, 12:19 AM
The cent is dead, long live the cutscene

lol for real though, ya'll did it to yourselves. abused the **** out of a simple mechanic and ruined it for the ones who actually knew how to win with him without the cheese.

We.the.North
10-06-2017, 12:55 AM
ruined it for the ones who actually knew how to win with him without the cheese.

I knew this was a Centurion weapon all along :
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Emmentaler

In all seriousness, I think the Centurion wasn't nerfed enough. With 500 ms heavy (that staggers for 300 ms) and being able to "combo" guardbreaks into your mix ups able to catch people trying to roll away, the Centurion is still a stunlock nightmare able to root in place someone with poor reflexes from 100% - 0%.

He's still as ******ed as ever, even if he's not "cheesing". I dont know which moron at Ubisoft though 500 ms heavies with guardbreak integrated into the mix ups was a good idea.

ChampionRuby50g
10-06-2017, 01:39 AM

Hahahahahahahaahahahhaha. Way too OP indeed, guess they should've only given him a minor nerf.

IzSilvers1
10-06-2017, 01:47 AM
Nice to see how everyone assumed I'm a bad player because I'm complaining about this. I can play about any other available champ, I just enjoyed the fast pace style of Centurion, plus he's a badass gladiator lol, and now he's slow AF! Let's not kid ourselves, there's at least 3 other champs that have cancer combos, it's not just Centurion. Well meh, I guess I'll just need to find another champ that amuses me.

bmason1000
10-06-2017, 01:53 AM
Centurions not a gladiator... he's a centurion.

Tundra 793
10-06-2017, 01:54 AM
I recommend the Gladiator, seems like something you'd enjoy.

For what it's worth; It's nothing personal. Most players who don't play Centurions, are just sick and tired of him.
And I've mained Berserker since day 1, and then Highlander since he launched. I have zero sympathy left over for when you complain that your complete powerhouse of a Centurion has gone 1 day with a nerf that made him merely average.

Think of the poor Kensei's who still haven't gotten a buff.

gj4063
10-06-2017, 02:03 AM
At this time, I'd like to ask for a moment of silence for all of the players who rage quitand never came back due to cent failmechanics.

Amen.

SlyRam
10-06-2017, 02:22 AM
This post makes me happy knowing you cheap nards got what was coming to you.

Netcode_err_404
10-06-2017, 02:24 AM
I recommend the Gladiator, seems like something you'd enjoy.

For what it's worth; It's nothing personal. Most players who don't play Centurions, are just sick and tired of him.
And I've mained Berserker since day 1, and then Highlander since he launched. I have zero sympathy left over for when you complain that your complete powerhouse of a Centurion has gone 1 day with a nerf that made him merely average.

Think of the poor Kensei's who still haven't gotten a buff.

Kensei is perfectly fine.

Defensive meta, parries and overall op blocks make him struggle in this current meta, but his kit is good, has a couple of mixups and one heavy UB. Same with HL.

Helnekromancer
10-06-2017, 03:02 AM
Dude, he was the only character in the game to juggle people, JUGGLE. This isn't some Marvel vs Capcom clone, no hack & slash rock, paper, scissor fighter. Cent picks rock and you happen to pick scissors and you were stoned to death.

Jazz117Volkov
10-06-2017, 03:06 AM
At this time, I'd like to ask for a moment of silence for all of the players who rage quitand never came back due to cent failmechanics.

Amen.
This.

I know a handful of players who retired the game due to Season 2 (Cent being the main offender).

Netcode_err_404
10-06-2017, 03:14 AM

Amen.

I hardly doubt that someone rage quit because of one single class.

Its not like half of the classes can cheese you in a 4v4.

HumoLoco
10-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Lol. Centurion is still op.

You possible forget about his parry punish and there's stuff you can pressures on your opponents with centurion. I am glad that they take his the wall combo away. the wall combo is one of hell bored ever i watch some bulldog cut-scene.

bananaflow2017
10-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Kensei is perfectly fine.

Defensive meta, parries and overall op blocks make him struggle in this current meta, but his kit is good, has a couple of mixups and one heavy UB. Same with HL.

You think?
I hate playing with a kensei in my team.
They just spam theire lights or heavies and hit everything except the enemy....
Bis gankability is really bad imo.

guor6800
10-06-2017, 10:15 AM

Oh cmon don't be that harsh. We still can GB you know.

Halvtand
10-06-2017, 10:17 AM
I get that he was way too OP, you're basically done if you get caught in his deadly combo
Still complains about nerf after saying character is too OP. Not just OP, but too OP.

that "nerf" was just way too much, he's totally unplayable now
Yeah, after the nerf WL took, you really don't have a leg to stand on here. He wasn't half as abusable and got hit twice as hard. Sure, he got some of it back. but that was a nerf to complain about.

I found myself losing even against the slowest champs in the game
Almost like the game is more balanced, you mean? Like even the slow heroes are viable? Like there isn't a hero that can just wreck everyone?

Good job again Ubisoft.
Thanks, Obama.

PDXGorechild
10-06-2017, 11:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ula8oi_M4Ww

DrinkinMyStella
10-06-2017, 11:53 AM
What they did was just increase a little the cost of the kicks and the stamina drain.

And they removed that lame infinite stunlock against a wall, so, if now for you is unplayable the reasons are 2 :

1) You were one of these scrubs infinite stunlocking people

2) You are bad.

Both requires you to take a breath and think about what this game needs to be taken seriously by both esport scene, and normal players.

A single GB/parry can still half the HP of the majority of the roster. Think about it.

Speaking about dominion, they just slightly nerfed the distance coered by charged heavies, if you consider he could jump for 5 meters. He is a man, not a plane.

1. He is not a scrub

2. He is not bad

3. Ubisoft added this character with that moveset and that ability to stun lock and wall splat and ubi took this long to nerf him, so blame ubi not the players. I have a rep 13 cent and I don't care about the nerf, I agree with the nerf but you can't call a player bad for using a broken character that ubi put in.

Charmzzz
10-06-2017, 01:09 PM
1. He is not a scrub

2. He is not bad

3. Ubisoft added this character with that moveset and that ability to stun lock and wall splat and ubi took this long to nerf him, so blame ubi not the players. I have a rep 13 cent and I don't care about the nerf, I agree with the nerf but you can't call a player bad for using a broken character that ubi put in.

1. He is a scrub if he only relied on waiting for one GB / Parry into the infinite-chain-of-death

2. He is bad if he cannot adapt to changes to his Character, especially if these changes only took care of the before mentioned cut-scene-until-dead-bullsh*t

This is what got changed:

Centurion

Charged Heavy Attack range decreased to 4.25m (from 5m).
Charged Heavy Finisher range decreased to 4.75m (from 5.75m).
Uncharged Heavy Finisher link into Jab delayed by 100ms.
Jabs do not stagger on wall anymore.
Normal Jab Stamina drain decreased to 30 (from 40).
Normal Jab Miss recovery shortened to 700ms (from 800ms).
“Legion Kick” does not stun anymore.
“Eagle Talon” stamina cost increased to 20 (from 12).
[Bug Fix] Jab stamina cost of 12 now works correctly.

Sooo, they fixed his Stamina Drain and Costs and got rid of the annoying ganking + cut-scene potential. Even a buff on missed Jab recovery. Cent can still take my HP as an Assassin to half with one parry / gb. If that is not good enough to win a fight, what else do you / they expect?

Halvtand
10-06-2017, 01:14 PM
1. He is not a scrub

2. He is not bad

Obviously. Good arguments. Changed my mind.

Way to defend exploiters and cheaters. The fact that there is a bad or exploitable mechanic in a program doesn't give anyone the right to abuse it. If you purposefully pick the broken character and spam the broken combos, guess what? It's not Ubisoft's fault, that's on you. Humans are responsible for their own actions. The Cent-players have abused an obviously broken mechanic,and now they're crying because they cannot get easy wins due to a broken mechanic any more. The players are at fault, the players are to blame.
Don't blame the cinema for selling popcorn, blame the **** who's throwing it at you.

Tyrjo
10-06-2017, 02:12 PM
All good fixes, he's still top tier. Just not able abuse cheesy tactics in the same way.

bananaflow2017
10-06-2017, 02:51 PM
Oh cmon don't be that harsh. We still can GB you know.

😂😂😂😂
Yeah the gb makes u really unique XD

Netcode_err_404
10-06-2017, 02:58 PM
1. He is not a scrub

2. He is not bad

Cool, then he won't miss infinite stunlock combo. Except he does.

Netcode_err_404
10-06-2017, 03:06 PM
You think?
I hate playing with a kensei in my team.
They just spam theire lights or heavies and hit everything except the enemy....

Yes.

Kensei is good, and would be even better if the game was not all about turtling

Netcode_err_404
10-06-2017, 03:08 PM
I would have reduced the kick ms considering it has lost its stun effect.

I also think he could recieve a sligtly hp boost.

The real problem is the fact that the only thinh that needed a change, his damage combo, has been untouched.

berserker7331
10-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Why did you guys remove the "stun" effect after the jab!??? Bring it back!!! He needed it, otherwise im fine with the other changes. My rep 19 Cent is not my main but is my "3rd" character choice.

bananaflow2017
10-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Yes.

Kensei is good, and would be even better if the game was not all about turtling

Als other people turteling makes u hit and interrupt ur team the whole time?
I dont get that....

RatedChaotic
10-06-2017, 04:33 PM
I main Conq and the Centurion. Honestly, I think your blowing it out of proportion. Took me a game or two to get used to his range changes. But after that it didnt seem like a over nerf at all. He is still a fun hero to play (for me anyway) and thats all that matters.

S0Mi_xD
10-08-2017, 10:03 AM

xDD srsly? As long as you are not a spammer noob who only killed people with the "infinite" wall combo you shouldn't be affected in any way - i don't like saying this but this is a "get good" scenario.

Like i already said when the warden or warlord "nerfs" dropped - there will always be people who cry about a nerf, that practically changed nothing.....

Jarl.Felix
10-08-2017, 11:57 AM
For the OP there is just one word : Git Gud Kid.

Or maybe three.

Herbstlicht
10-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Still convinced Centurion still is one of the stronger heroes. Like .. really strong. What he lost should never ever had existed in the first place. What still remains lets him stay top in Dominion and very strong in duels as long as the player can parry.

Arekonator
10-08-2017, 02:35 PM
OP complains cent is now too slow even though his speed hasnt been touched.
Nuff said.

Ianoneshot
10-08-2017, 02:42 PM
They really just only got rid of his bugs and cutscene. So now if he sucks that's on your skill, because I am a death machine with him still.

Gethseme
10-08-2017, 07:07 PM
FYI, I was one of them, and I'm thinking of returning just because of the nerfs. Well, not ragequit, just hated the infinite CC locks in my favorite mode (Dominion).

And this is coming from a Valk player. At least my main CCs are dodgable...

brashtralas
10-09-2017, 12:21 AM
I would have reduced the kick ms considering it has lost its stun effect.

I also think he could recieve a sligtly hp boost.

The real problem is the fact that the only thinh that needed a change, his damage combo, has been untouched.

This 100%

Iím confused as to how no one else is mentioning this? They took all this time to ensure that they donít mess up his 1v1 capability..... then really only nerfed his 1v1 capability.

His banking prowess was untouched and now he truly only has the parry/wall throw into combo. I still demolish with him in dominion, but thatís to be expected since his dominion strengths were untouched...

I just think they took an awful long time for a standard nerf.

Arekonator
10-09-2017, 12:54 AM
Here is the thing with the kick.
It guarantees a light regardless. Having stun on itjust makes it annoying in 1v1 and much more cancerous in 4v4. I dont see reason to compensate for a stun loss since it should never be there in first place.

darkspawn2101
10-09-2017, 02:21 AM
1. He is not a scrub

2. He is not bad

Like hell I cant

darkspawn2101
10-09-2017, 03:23 AM
Cent needs worse. He's still one of the most ******** heroes relying mostly on unblockables. He's still designed around doing nothing punishable and capitalizing off brow-beaten opponants. He's the only character who can do that with high damage when compared to the other characters who have unblockables without the punish, in some situations. (IE, Shugoki's charged attacks that can be parried, warden's 50/50 that while annoying, can be dodged and is what his entire character is based around.) , and while his health pool is small, that's not enough of a disadvantage. He needs worse. he really does.

RoosterIlluzion
10-09-2017, 03:33 AM
You mean chump.

Howard_T_J
10-09-2017, 04:04 AM
You should be happy they didn't put a down time on your kick. That allows for punishment if you miss!!

Linnix1
10-12-2017, 05:33 AM
The only people that enjoy cent are demented twisted people that get off to kicking puppies while using children tears for lotion

Antonioj26
10-12-2017, 09:56 PM
The only people that enjoy cent are demented twisted people that get off to kicking puppies while using children tears for lotion

Or people that enjoy seeing grown men rage over a character with a very limited gimmick.