PDA

View Full Version : worst game updates

kogurio0
10-05-2017, 06:58 PM
How one update can be 10 gb? After todays maintance im forced to download another 10 gbs, wtf? You guys should learn how to change animations in unity and timing without thus to affect game size. Beginner guide has this, wow. This update is max 100 mb if your developers are real developers (not designers).
Here is the place to say, that your viking map is free viking town from unity with just few differences. It cant be used commercial, so think about it. :)

lNogardl
10-05-2017, 07:03 PM
I honestly have no clue how is this update a 10gb update.

kogurio0
10-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Simple as that... Whey add new uldates, they dont change version number in developer console, and because of that we are forced to download the whole game again.

SenBotsu893
10-05-2017, 11:43 PM
10 gb is much yes BUT

you dont know what additional data you downloaded wich is still locked behind closed doors.

im talking about outfits, executions, emotes, gamemode, masks(we dont even know what that is)
those things are usually a long time on our Harddrive but get unlocked later as weekly content.

kogurio0
10-06-2017, 06:36 AM
Idk man.. I think that maps are rhere, heroes are there, all functions are same ( just changing numbers which doesnt cost megabytes). Even if we are downloading Tribute mode now, the maps for tribute exists, characters models are the same one, just added one staff model with particle effect. If new outfits cost 10 gb, then I hope they are at least GUCCI.

Mia.Nora
10-06-2017, 06:45 AM
How one update can be 10 gb? After todays maintance im forced to download another 10 gbs, wtf? You guys should learn how to change animations in unity and timing without thus to affect game size. Beginner guide has this, wow. This update is max 100 mb if your developers are real developers (not designers).
Here is the place to say, that your viking map is free viking town from unity with just few differences. It cant be used commercial, so think about it. :)

I wouldn't believe they would fall so low, but after checking that free unity map, unfortunately you are right.. No words..

Malyngo
10-06-2017, 08:31 AM
For Honor does not use the Unity Engine, it uses Ubi's own AnvilNext engine.

kogurio0
10-06-2017, 10:15 AM
I dont know about that, but its pretty similar to unity (terrain, that gross grass.., the viking village..) For honor is copy-paste from previous versions of assassin creed, even that berserker exists in one of the chapters oO.

Halvtand
10-06-2017, 10:59 AM

I wouldn't believe they would fall so low, but after checking that free unity map, unfortunately you are right.. No words..

You mean this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV-224nMwN8
For comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYg4noFix0

"Just a few differences" Yeah, like the entire layout of the town, entire sections missing or added (whichever you prefer) and a fundamental difference in graphic appearance. Let's just say like this. To use this free asset as a base and create the map in For Honor would actually require more work than to just do the map from scratch.

I know what you're going to say "But they both have that crane, and the ship, and the docks..." No ****, Sherlock. They're both fantasy remakes of what an actual viking village could look like. Guess what, if two people try to do the same thing, their works may actually end up looking alike. These may even be based on an actual reconstructed village.

I dont know about that, but its pretty similar to unity (terrain, that gross grass.., the viking village..) For honor is copy-paste from previous versions of assassin creed, even that berserker exists in one of the chapters oO.

Bold claims to not know about. Anyway, no, they are not similar enough to be confused as the same, let alone the same graphics engine.
Also there is no Berserker in any ***-Creed game. None of them takes place even close to the right area or time. If you persist please provide evidence.
Lastly, as ***-Creed is also a product of Ubisoft it is entirely fine to use the same assets. If this is not ok please crack down on every game developer that has made more than one game in the same genre. Yes, everyone does this. It's generally referred to as "not reinventing the wheel".

Malyngo
10-06-2017, 11:02 AM
I just looked at this Unity viking village. Yes, there are similarities. But imo, they just go as far as both are frigging viking villages. There are bound to be similarities.
This is kinda like saying van Gogh ripped off Monet's Sunflowers.

kogurio0
10-06-2017, 11:35 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8323/8135683821_a7a9409a7c.jpg

Halvtand
10-06-2017, 12:25 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8323/8135683821_a7a9409a7c.jpg

And this is what you want to claim is the Berserker from For honor in an Assassin's Creed game? Have you even played AC: Liberation? Is your whole argument "she uses two weapons = Berserker"? They share no moves at all!

kogurio0
10-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Of course they cannot share same animations.. This game needs parry, side dash, block, light attack, heavy attack and guard break. (Walk, dash forward and backward, run too). In assassin creed walk is same, run is exactly same. Dont want to talk about ladder animation, because with no exceptions is the same.
The viking town is the same too. There is another map too, but im trying to remember where I have seen it. I have used it as asset (paid), but have to search.

Halvtand
10-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Of course they cannot share same animations.. This game needs parry, side dash, block, light attack, heavy attack and guard break. (Walk, dash forward and backward, run too)
Assassin's creed has several of those, yes. They could've easily used the same animations as the basic fighting style isn't that different, lots of agility and speed. But here's the thing, the fighting moves for FH were all motion captured for FH. That's why they're not the same.

In assassin creed walk is same, run is exactly same. Dont want to talk about ladder animation, because with no exceptions is the same.
So they use the same mo-cap for basic movement and that means that it's the Berserker? If anything it's the other way around as the AC-game launched quite a long time before FH. I apparently have to restate that all game developers reuse material from older titles. Motion capture is expensive and takes a lot of time (which is why no heroes in this game has received any new moves despite some really needing it). If you can save both time and money in a way that won't impact the game at all. I say go ahead and do it, put those funds into something that matters instead.
In the end, Aveline is not a Berserker and according to you she only shares some basic movement-animation with the hero.That part I can't prove or disprove (which isn't the same as it being a fact), mostly because I can't be arsed to boot that miserable heap of a game up again. But Aveline is a long, long way away from being the same as a hero from FH since the part that they do share is only basic character movement and the parts they don't share are what makes the characters them.

The viking town is the same too. There is another map too, but im trying to remember where I have seen it. I have used it as asset (paid), but have to search.

So it is no longer the same (with just a few differences) map as a free one from the unity store, but the same as two maps? One being paid? Or is it a mash between two maps? If so, why didn't you say so from the start? Are there more maps that are exactly the same, just different?

kogurio0
10-06-2017, 01:17 PM
First of all thereis no motion capture, these are animations are made in maya or blender.
Second I said that another map (not the viking, for viking I said from where I know it) reminds me for asset I have been using, im searching im my prjects to see which one it was, but it my be on my working pc.

Halvtand
10-06-2017, 02:04 PM
First of all thereis no motion capture, these are animations are made in maya or blender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvZs-a6SgLw

kogurio0
10-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Hah, looks like cool job. what do you think for the new update? We cant use properly zone attack, and light attacks have really big delay like lag. I click mouse button, char starts to move his lazy hands after 1,5 sec.

Manlorey
10-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Hah, looks like cool job. what do you think for the new update? We cant use properly zone attack, and light attacks have really big delay like lag. I click mouse button, char starts to move his lazy hands after 1,5 sec.
Same here. Zone is broken (at least, on PS4, no matter how I press the buttons, even simultaneous), also experiencing input lag sometimes (attacks are delayed). Didn't think that the you also have troble with the zone on PC too.

http://www.chud.com/articles/content_images/47/TimandEricSeason2/TimEric7.jpg