PDA

View Full Version : Game title rename.

HundredV
10-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Hi.
I am wondering why this game is called for Honor? What kind of honour did devs meant? Is 4v1 is honourable fight? Hardly, especially if it is again a bot. But it is all over the place. Dominion, okay I found bot let us have a fight, I almost got that one and then 3x people rush in and steal the kill. Okay, team duel mode would be different right? Okay, I fight my side, then all of a sudden another player runs towards my target and kills it while having his own chasing him. Where is Honour is this?
It would be good to rename this game into For Stealing Kill Frag instead.
But if you really want to upkeep games' name, then make amendments, in terms of immunity to any other source of damage than the person that is targeting you. That way, run around gang up 1v4 would be pointless. Or if you have any other bright ideas that would prevent gang banging 4v1,2v1,3v1, then go for it.
If you meant for this game to be mass murdering style of game, then increase player per side to 30-60 and re-name game as Mince.

UbiInsulin
10-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Hi HundredV! Like in any game, your mileage may vary depending on the people you play with. While a lot of players feel strongly about fighting fairly and according to certain rules, others do not (both viewpoints are well-represented on these forums). If you want to play with people who don't kill steal, party up with some friends who feel the same way you do.

Typically, some of the best plays you'll see highlighted on the Warrior's Den on a weekly basis are the result of a player doing well against overwhelming odds. It's no fun to lose 4v1, but it's awesome if you can manage to win or even hold your own. We could consider changes to force players to 1v1, but is it possible something would be lost in the process?

MetalDevil19
10-05-2017, 06:14 PM
You've got it all wrong, if you've not played the actual story of the game, you'd know that you are fighting FOR honor, not WITH honor. There's a difference. War doesn't have any rules with that, although if you do something illegal/out of conduct, that would probably make you a war criminal.

But if you're sarcastic, then you'll go with the "For Gear" or "For Fashion" titles.

Ianoneshot
10-06-2017, 12:02 AM
Hi HundredV! Like in any game, your mileage may vary depending on the people you play with. While a lot of players feel strongly about fighting fairly and according to certain rules, others do not (both viewpoints are well-represented on these forums). If you want to play with people who don't kill steal, party up with some friends who feel the same way you do.

Typically, some of the best plays you'll see highlighted on the Warrior's Den on a weekly basis are the result of a player doing well against overwhelming odds. It's no fun to lose 4v1, but it's awesome if you can manage to win or even hold your own. We could consider changes to force players to 1v1, but is it possible something would be lost in the process?

I survived a cent gank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBk_wjYmBzo

btw thats not my voice on the microphone.

Jazz117Volkov
10-06-2017, 03:24 AM
Dominion is regularly a fuster cluck.

With no overt incentive to take points (other than winning, but who're we kidding...) players frequently roam the map getting slaughtered by ganks and never think to pair up with team mates on points. I recall Mass Effect 3 multi had a similar issue in that players frequently abandoned extraction because there was "no point".

Ubi, you guys should consider in-match incentives and communication to clean up some of the behavioural issues.

Notifications when you're near team mates for example, or more specifically, the ability to notify a team-mate why you're next to them. Like the quickchat, but an actual in-game thing where your hero communicates to that player why you're there (a lot of players don't use mics): things to the effect of "I will back you up", "Support me", "Lets go", etc. But not animations, nothing that impacts the flow of your action. Each hero has a fairly distinct personality, so if you hear that in a fight, you'll quickly understand who is there and why.

And also notifications when a team mate is outnumbered; something more specific than "!" to call for help. A vocalized notification from either your hero or the narrator to clue your team into what's happening.

And debuffs for spawn-camping the opposition (arrow showers could work: not lethal). Maybe a buff to sprint speed if you're out-numbered (makes sense when you think about it).

And a side-note about the narrator: I'd personally love it if we could pick (unlock/purchase with Steel) Hero narrators. Jennifer Hale or Josh Keaton telling me about the finer points of the match would be amazing. Also Berserker just yelling at everything...Warlord breaking the fourth wall. There's some potential there.

Antonioj26
10-06-2017, 03:31 AM
I hate every person who brings up the title and uses it as a point of contention on how the game is played. It's just a name, get over it dude.

HundredV
10-12-2017, 10:09 PM

Hi!
Thanks for your response and sorry for the late reply as I had some IRL matter to take care of.
I have to agree with you that level of honour can vary among people. But I also think that something as important as honour, can be taught through such games as For Honor. I mean if someone young, who has no clue what honour is, plays this game and see ganging up 4v1 is within For Honor game as a norm, he then will think that being shady is a norm and a honourable thing in real life too.
I also agree with you and can say that winning 1vX can be a satisfying experience, but it is not really satisfying to spend time fighting someone and then next person runs up and steal your game experience from you.
I think what will be lost if changes are made to force 1v1 is the greed for frags. I am sure you people can come up with something that is rewarding honour instead of greed and shady practices.
Many people say that it is just a game, but I say games are amplifiers of character, if you cant do something in real life, you do it in games.

ChampionRuby50g
10-12-2017, 11:19 PM
If I'm forced to do 1v1s always, get punished for backing a team mate up in a fight, get a debuff for been the 3rd man in to a fight in For Honor, this game will be shelved quickly and not come out again. Forcing players to play with Honor will kill this game quicker than connection or balance issues, and that's a fact.

Dude, how can you reference real life in this? Do you really think that this game would be encouraging real life violence and dishonour because players do it in game? Because this young person see's someone getting Ganked, they won't have any idea what Honor is and just suddenly go to the streets and start stealing and bashing people because "there's no Honor in for Honor so why should I have any in real life"
I've heard some dumb ways to justify Honor, but this takes the cake.

BLOOD-E-BARON
10-13-2017, 02:03 AM
OP I seriously think If Ubi change the name to whatever you've asked, it should only be fair you legally change your birth name to Whingey McWhinerson....... or something along those lines.

Antonioj26
10-13-2017, 02:46 AM
OP I seriously think If Ubi change the name to whatever you've asked, it should only be fair you legally change your birth name to Whingey McWhinerson....... or something along those lines.

He's gotta point. If your argument is the name should be changed because it doesn't describe the game then we should change your name to describe the type of person you are.

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-14-2017, 03:14 PM
Waaauw that cent gank hahhaha... wat the hell..