PDA

View Full Version : Nobody can touch the NOBU.

Lucifist666
10-05-2017, 05:26 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xGldBMDgYhA

HumoLoco
10-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Hell yea. Can't beat nobushi with their high skills with all my heroes, but only I can use Orochi and Centurion to take them out.

Charmzzz
10-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Nobu is OP on minion point, we know that. ;)
Also, Nobu has the fastest possible recovery due to dashes, which is what I see in your video: 90% Zone and Side Dash Attacks

Complete analysis here if interested:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1689479-Here-s-why-Nobushi-is-busted-in-team-modes?highlight=sb.alernakin

Lucifist666
10-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Pfft. Nobushi OP!? You're on drugs if you think that. I've used her since the beginning and I've NEVER used unlock tech. Plenty of good players have parried the **** outta my dash attacks. If you learn how to fight her she isn't that hard to deal with. But I will say that she is the ****! Best hero in the game in my opinion. If they just gave every other character a decent zone attack nobody would complain about hers.

UbiInsulin
10-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Nice job Lucifist! Thanks for posting this. :)

Lucifist666
10-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Thanks for checking it out

Charmzzz
10-06-2017, 03:35 PM
Did you even read the article? Nobushi's dash cancel recovery make her almost unpunishable, I will just quote the relevant part here:

-- Zone attack. It's quick, deals at least 33 damage (more with bleed) and has great AoE, nigh 360 degrees. On top of that, it can be made unparryable by simply positioning yourself so that there's someone on your right. It is then quicker than Peacekeeper zone. It can be used to interrupt all attempts at an offensive action from the opponents, meaning it's very easy to punish with it. And if all of that wasn't enough, it is nigh unpunishable. All it takes to block attacks is feinting second part of zone and cancelling recovery with a dash, which makes it an attack with 0 recovery frames. If the opponent decides to guard break you in your dash, you can punish that attempt very easily with a dash attack.

-- Dash attacks. Not only are they quick and deal at least a bar of damage, they also have no recovery frames, just like the zone attack, making them unpunishable on reaction. They can also be chained together, meaning guard breaking while Nobushi dashes is unreliable at best and heavily punishable at worst. Just like the zone, both dash attacks can be unlocked in order to make them unparryable (unlocked cobra strike is also quicker than usual), and even if that weren't possible, you could very easily target the other player while you use sidewinder due to its extraordinarly wide arc. As a side note, sidewinder hitbox does not match the animation.

-- Zero recovery. I know I already mentioned this twice, but it's a very big part of why Nobushi is so strong. Zone, dash attacks and viper's retreat all have virtually zero recovery frames due to dash cancel, and that cancel is very hard to punish. There are two ways to even attempt to punish all of those attacks -- one is to predict them and attack at pretty much the same time as the Nobushi. The other is to try using a guard break every now and then if the Nobushi isn't using dash attacks after recovery cancel. Both of those ways are, however, very unreliable and highly punishable.

So you have a Character with high range, attacks have a wide arc, and you can dash cancel for 0 recovery frames. Ok, they removed the unparryable things, but there are definitely other ways to still abuse the Nobu. Had some Matches with a good one yesterday, he was wrecking 2-3 people regularly on Minion point. Just read the compete article please. :)

Lucifist666
10-07-2017, 02:06 AM
Blah blah blah. People punish me all the time as nobushi. You just have to learn her moves. Is she tough to fight? Yes. OP? Hell no.

Tsitiko
10-08-2017, 07:53 AM
I completely agree with lucifist I main oro, shinobi, and nobushi and occasionally play zerk shugo and extremely rarely play all the other characters nobushi isn't op by any means if you learn how to use her moves then she isn't to hard to defeat unless you completely out skilled, best way to beat nobushi is to bait her into an attack and parry or deflect it and switch tactics (with most characters this works) learn her times and dedicate time into the characters your going to use learn what moves work for counter other moves

RatedChaotic
10-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Definitely cant touch that Nobu when he has a Red Nat.

Herbstlicht
10-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Nobushi always was and still is very punishable if you can get some parrys in. I dunno about how bad her zone still is (flicker is gone, right, unlocktech is said to be fixed too?) - I am still convinced it is one of the strongest in the game (after Gladi). Her dodge attacks though are very, very easily punishable if you do not fall for them.
If you want to improve against Nobu, try not to rely on your guard break too much. After this, just keep an eye on her guard icon. For her to change direction of attack, it takes some time to register and besides her kick, she has no unblockables. If you now do know where the zone comes from .. oh my, you might just have got the advantage ;)

Furthermore, dodge attacks are rather effective against her as well due to closing some space.

All in all btw, I still wish for hidden stance to consume less stamina.