PDA

View Full Version : Buffs and Nerfs

Eternal-Return
10-05-2017, 02:15 AM
What about buffing the Warden? It has 2 special moves and a double attack. Lame dmg, lame speed, lame combos, lame life.
Why does the shinobi has to be buffed? It already has lots of moves, its fast as hell. Its only weakness is its life but hey, its getting raised now.
Why the Highlander has to be buffed? It moves its HUGE sword as if it were a butter knife, does a lot of dmg and it cant be blocked. Also it has 2 stances(and lots of stuff more).
I can go on talking about how unfair are Nords and Japs comparing them to Kights, but no one cares cause most of the players use a spamming or an op class(shinobi, centurion, any jap, valky or zerk) that belongs to those factions.
You guys just want devs to buff the classes that you use, even knowing that they already are OP compared with some of the other(less popular) classes.

What about nerfing the berserker dmg? (70 avarage dmg, unblockeable moves, pretty fast and spams like hell)
What about nerfing the Valkyrie? (its spear combo its almost as annoying as the centurion, and it is already being nerfed)
What about nerfing the Orochi or the Kensai? (people with very high lvl play with this ones doing dodge and light attack.... they need nothing more)
What about nerfing the Nobushi? (lots of dmg and speed, and bleeding and hiding stance and it heals-fully-).
What about nerfing the Highlander? (learn to spin around with the sword and you're done!).

They wont get nerfed, why? Cause they are "popular", cause they are easy to use, easy to "master".
You people, dont care about game balance, you just care about having your favourite class more and more op.

Call me as you want, but deep inside, you know im right.
In the end, devs need to make this game more popular. And most of the people use OP or spamming classes... those ones are getting buffed, not the really unbalanced ones.
The game will turn into a fight of shinobis, highlanders and some other nord or jap. It is actually happening already.

Antonioj26
10-05-2017, 02:33 AM
My post is this thread is the troll line, I have bad news for anyone who posts below it with the slightest amount of seriousness.

Eternal-Return
10-05-2017, 02:39 AM
My post is this thread is the troll line, I have bad news for anyone who posts below it with the slightest amount of seriousness.
..... what?
If you have nothing to say, then dont bother to post in here.

Antonioj26
10-05-2017, 02:42 AM
..... what?
If you have nothing to say, then dont bother to post in here.

I'm just letting everyone know this is a troll post. I refuse to believe anyone can be this bad and wrong about for honor.

UbiNoty
10-05-2017, 02:45 AM
I spend a lot of time on the forums, and I actually see much more feedback in favor of the opposite of the types of balancing changes you are suggesting. Kensei, HL, Valk, Berserker - I don't think I've seen anybody mention nerfing them for quite some time now. In fact most of the conversation around these heroes is about how to improve on their current weaknesses.

As for Shinobi, we heard a lot about how his low health pool was a blocker for him, which is why we made that slight hp buff for 1.14.1.

But if you feel this way, perhaps you wouldn't mind providing us with some more insight as to why you feel this way? That way it's easier for us to understand your perspective and where you're coming from.

That being said - we do our best to make informed, logical, and healthy balance changes based on the feedback from the community and what we see in front of us.
Sometimes it can feel like the turnaround between community feedback and any updates can be slow because we are not in favor of making kneejerk, reactionary balance updates. We want to make sure that the decision we're making is the most optimal, and healthiest decision for For Honor as a whole. It has nothing to do with hero popularity. We love all our heroes equally.

UbiNoty
10-05-2017, 02:47 AM
Also, let's keep it friendly in here. No accusatory remarks or labeling things as troll posts. We need to respect everyone's right to voice their opinions equally, even if you disagree.

Tundra 793
10-05-2017, 02:50 AM
What about nerfing the berserker dmg? (70 avarage dmg, unblockeable moves, pretty fast and spams like hell)

I stopped reading roughly around here.
This is the Berserker's entire moveset, you tell me which one of his moves is unblockable;

https://res.cloudinary.com/lmn/image/upload/c_limit,h_360,w_640/e_sharpen:100/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto/v1/gameskinnyc/b/e/r/berserker-basics-d2357.png

bmason1000
10-05-2017, 03:08 AM
Or does 70 damage?

Tundra 793
10-05-2017, 03:14 AM
It's getting late so I'll cut to the chase;

The OP is presenting a big chunk of objectively wrong information about several characters here. We can't really establish a constructive dialogue about buffs and nerfs until the OP realizes where he's wrong.

Eternal-Return
10-05-2017, 03:21 AM
Kensei, HL, Valk, Berserker - I don't think I've seen anybody mention nerfing them for quite some time now. In fact most of the conversation around these heroes is about how to improve on their current weaknesses.

As for Shinobi, we heard a lot about how his low health pool was a blocker for him, which is why we made that slight hp buff for 1.14.1.

But if you feel this way, perhaps you wouldn't mind providing us with some more insight as to why you feel this way? That way it's easier for us to understand your perspective and where you're coming from.

We're saying the same thing.
No one asks for nerfing those classes cause they are already op. Even knowing this, pepople asks for more buffs on this ones.
As an example. Shinobi has low health, but is the fastest class in game, and it attacks from a safe distance. Its FINE if it has low health, it doesnt need high or avarage health cause it is made to fight quickly and from a safe distance, and even if things goes south like this, it can run away from danger(no one could catch him). If you want balance on this one and you want to add more health, then make it slower, as the rest of the classes.

Im not talking about rocket science, lets have the Warden as an example. Look at its moves list. It has SEVEN moves. All of the other vanguards have more moves and more "hero specific" things. You just have to see the moves video(basic and advanced) to see how poor the warden is, compared with the rest of the classes. The same thing happens with almost all knights. Thats why high lvl people(most of them, not all) only use nords or japs(mainly zerks, shinobis and hl).

You said you want balance, well, balance(imo) is not about "improving current weakness", balance is about having good things and bad things in equilibrium, to have advantages and disvantages. You'll fix shinobi's health in the next patch... well then whats its disvantage now?...It will have none. And again, this is just an example about how you "fix" or "balance" things. This happens when you hear what people wants and dont pay attention to what the game needs. And it needs real balance. Not this "fix to get people happy cause they like to spam and to play with op classes".

I would gladly give you more insight, but it wont change any thing.

Eternal-Return
10-05-2017, 03:26 AM
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158330325
That
And it does pretty much more than 70 dmg. I've seen 73 so far, as the most dmg recieved from one hit.

Edit: My bad on this one, I meant to say uninterruptible, not unblockable.

Antonioj26
10-05-2017, 03:28 AM
We're saying the same thing.
No one asks for nerfing those classes cause they are already op. Even knowing this, pepople asks for more buffs on this ones.
As an example. Shinobi has low health, but is the fastest class in game, and it attacks from a safe distance. Its FINE if it has low health, it doesnt need high or avarage health cause it is made to fight quickly and from a safe distance, and even if things goes south like this, it can run away from danger(no one could catch him). If you want balance on this one and you want to add more health, then make it slower, as the rest of the classes.

Im not talking about rocket science, lets have the Warden as an example. Look at its moves list. It has SEVEN moves. All of the other vanguards have more moves and more "hero specific" things. You just have to see the moves video(basic and advanced) to see how poor the warden is, compared with the rest of the classes. The same thing happens with almost all knights. Thats why high lvl people(most of them, not all) only use nords or japs(mainly zerks, shinobis and hl).

You said you want balance, well, balance(imo) is not about "improving current weakness", balance is about having good things and bad things in equilibrium, to have advantages and disvantages. You'll fix shinobi's health in the next patch... well then whats its disvantage now?...It will have none. And again, this is just an example about how you "fix" or "balance" things. This happens when you hear what people wants and dont pay attention to what the game needs. And it needs real balance. Not this "fix to get people happy cause they like to spam and to play with op classes".

I would gladly give you more insight, but it wont change any thing.

That doesn't make any sense, why wouldn't the community ask for nerfs if a class was OP? On one hand I don't know why I'm wasting my time responding to this on the other I'm absolutely fascinated by this terrible opinion. It's been a long time since I've seen someone complain about berserker and even longer for kensei

Tundra 793
10-05-2017, 03:32 AM

From your OP;

(70 avarage dmg, unblockeable moves, pretty fast and spams like hell

From your picture; "Uninterruptible

And it does pretty much more than 70 dmg. I've seen 73 so far, as the most dmg recieved from one hit.

The Berserker's most damaging move does 55 damage, and it is his Top Heavy Combo Finisher, a very slow move that can be dodged, blocked or parried.
If it does more damage, that's probably from a Feat or a Buff, but nevertheless it's a move many players consider easy to counter.

And no, im not wrong. Im proving what im saying.

I just proved you wrong.

Antonioj26
10-05-2017, 03:35 AM

And no, im not wrong. Im proving what im saying. If you cant accept it, thats your problem, not mine.

You didn't link any proof though, that doesn't even show the damage. You also said average. I'll help you friend since you are having trouble.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/htmlview#gid=0

His highest damaging attack is 55 damage top heavy finisher. And yes you are wrong and it is your problem that you are losing to very bad characters. Literally everyone you mentioned in your first post is at or near the bottom with the exception of Orochi which is why I say there's no way this post can be serious.

Eternal-Return
10-05-2017, 03:40 AM
I've just corrected myself about the unblockeable/Uninterruptible. Thanks anyway.

Antonioj26
10-05-2017, 03:43 AM
I've just corrected myself about the unblockeable/Uninterruptible. Thanks anyway.

You should correct the rest of it too since from beginning to end you are wrong on just about everything.

Eternal-Return
10-05-2017, 03:51 AM
You should correct the rest of it too since from beginning to end you are wrong on just about everything.

I didnt posted this to make friends, I knew ppl would say things like what you're saying and I knew that i will fix nothing. But I couldnt care less. I've said what I felt, what I thought, and thats enough for me. So I wont correct myself cause Im not wrong(i was on the zerk thingy). Its just another point of view, if it bothers you so much its because im probably right in some things and thats why it makes you feel like that.

If you dont care about what i think, dont reply then.

Antonioj26
10-05-2017, 04:00 AM
I didnt posted this to make friends, I knew ppl would say things like what you're saying and I knew that i will fix nothing. But I couldnt care less. I've said what I felt, what I thought, and thats enough for me. So I wont correct myself cause Im not wrong(i was on the zerk thingy). Its just another point of view, if it bothers you so much its because im probably right in some things and thats why it makes you feel like that.

If you dont care about what i think, dont reply then.

You aren't making sense though and you are wrong, me disagreeing with you doesn't make you right. What kind of argument is that? You disagree with me so does that make me right?

bmason1000
10-05-2017, 04:09 AM
What high level players main zerk or highlander? Zerk hasn't had a tournament presence at all, and they've been available since launch.

Antonioj26
10-05-2017, 04:17 AM
What high level players main zerk or highlander? Zerk hasn't had a tournament presence at all, and they've been available since launch.

You can add kensei and valk to that list. Shinobi hasn't since his nerf either. The other two he listed was Orochi and nobu, both of which have had barely any success in tournies. None of this will stop the OP from having these absurd opinions though.

Tundra 793
10-05-2017, 05:25 AM
I'll bite, and go through enough of your points to help give you some perspective of For Honor. It seems like most, if not all of your grievances stem from ignorance, or inexperience dealing with certain classes.
Learning how the classes, and their moves work, is the first step to beating them.

Before I get into it though, I would ask that you refrain from using terms like "Jap" and "Nord" to refer to the Samurai and Vikings.
"Jap" is considered a racial slur, largely to Japanese-Americans. And "Nord" is a people from the Elder Scrolls series, at least get the terminology right.

What about buffing the Warden? It has 2 special moves and a double attack. Lame dmg, lame speed, lame combos, lame life.
Why does the shinobi has to be buffed? It already has lots of moves, its fast as hell. Its only weakness is its life but hey, its getting raised now.

Warden is considered largely balanced these days. Why you would consider his speed and damage and health particularly low is beyond me. He has good mix up potential and is deadly in the right hands.
Shinobi's health buff is due to the fact that at 80 health, a Highlander could kill one in 2 hits.

Why the Highlander has to be buffed? It moves its HUGE sword as if it were a butter knife, does a lot of dmg and it cant be blocked. Also it has 2 stances(and lots of stuff more).

He has the slowest heavies in the game, and yes they absolutely can be blocked. They can even be dodged or parried if you're feeling up to it.
His Offensive Stance is a risky move for any Highlander since it's incredibly hard to maintain. The moves drain his stamina fast, and any damage taken, friend or foe, takes him out of it.

It's true that his heavies within Offensive stance are Unblockable, but they remain dodgable and parriable. His mix up potential using Offensive Stance is fun, but tricky to pull off. Most often you'll see his Offensive Heavy feinted into an Offensive light (which are blockable and parriable and dodgeable), or into a Kick or his Caber Toss.
His damage however, remains rather mediocre across both stances, and he has the health of an assassin.

I can go on talking about how unfair are Nords and Japs comparing them to Kights, but no one cares cause most of the players use a spamming or an op class(shinobi, centurion, any jap, valky or zerk) that belongs to those factions.
You guys just want devs to buff the classes that you use, even knowing that they already are OP compared with some of the other(less popular) classes.

Please provide sources for your statistics over which classes are the most popular. The devs have mentioned several times that the Berserker is one of the least played heroes, and has been since launch.

A Berserker's average damage absolutely is not 70, and he has no unblockable moves. His lights are kinda fast yes, however they are not the fastest.

What about nerfing the Valkyrie? (its spear combo its almost as annoying as the centurion, and it is already being nerfed)

Or, learn how to counter her combo? If you single it out as something you want nerfed, it's clear you encounter it often. Anticipate it, and counter it instead. Valkyrie's in a decent place as I see it.

What about nerfing the Orochi or the Kensai? (people with very high lvl play with this ones doing dodge and light attack.... they need nothing more)

Kensei has been considered the worst class for months, and I'm delighted to inform you that he is receiving a makeover by the devs to make him better.
Orochi, to the best of my knowledge, is also a good spot right now.

What about nerfing the Nobushi? (lots of dmg and speed, and bleeding and hiding stance and it heals-fully-).

So, nerf the Nobushi because she can deal damage, bleed, and has a unique feature?

What about nerfing the Highlander? (learn to spin around with the sword and you're done!).

The Highlander's Celtic Curse is fully blockable, and his fastest opener, nay, his only opener move. In fact several high level players refuse to use it because It's quite punishable.
If you cannot counter this 1 move, I'm afraid that's more your fault, than the classes. And that goes for all the classes you want to nerf.

That's probably an insult to you, I can only hope you might be inclined to view it as advice; Learn how to counter the move, because It's absolutely possible to punish Highlanders using it.

They wont get nerfed, why? Cause they are "popular", cause they are easy to use, easy to "master".

Answer me this, honestly, have you ever played Highlander? Did you find it easy to master? Can you successfully feint a Offensive Heavy into the Kick, feint that into the Toss, and still get a light in?

You people, dont care about game balance, you just care about having your favourite class more and more op.

From our point of view; You want the classes you don't care about to get nerfed, and in my eyes, it has more to do with you not wanting to learn how to counter them.

Call me as you want, but deep inside, you know im right.

To take you up on your offer; You sound like someone who thinks he is better at For Honor than he in reality, is. I don't believe you're right, but I do believe you can learn to fight the heroes you want to nerf to the point where they'll never trouble you again.

In the end, devs need to make this game more popular. And most of the people use OP or spamming classes... those ones are getting buffed, not the really unbalanced ones.
The game will turn into a fight of shinobis, highlanders and some other nord or jap. It is actually happening already.

In my experience, Shinobi and Highlander may be among the heroes i see the least in game.

ChampionRuby50g
10-05-2017, 06:51 AM
Oh boy.

Block any of Valks dodge attacks and it's a free GB. Dodge her spear sweep, free Guard Break. She is well known as a noob stomper, and if you're having trouble you're probably a noob.

Orochi is annoying sure, but he's a mid tier hero at best.

Highlander is actually a hero in need of buffs, looking around for 5 mins and you'll see there are plenty of threads saying this.

Kensei is in dire need of a buff, and the community has agreed on this for a long time now.

I believe that the Knights faction is actually considered to have stronger heros than the Viking and Samurai faction. All your points and information seems so back to front to me, like the exact opposite of what one would think needs to happen in the game.
Deep inside I know you're wrong on basically all your points, and that if you refuse to actually see where you are wrong when valid and correct information is displayed to you that this thread was doomed to fail from the start.

Charmzzz
10-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Stop it guys, the OP is a below average player in For Honor concerning FHTracker (yeah I know it is not 100% accurate, but it gives a direction): https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Eternal-Return/heroes

@OP: Warden is one of the veeery few vanilla characters that has an unblockable melee opener (dodge into shoulderbash). This one option made him top tier for months. And he is still, especially in your skill bracket, a hard to beat character. I recommend you watch some videos of Playfiends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax91YIv8UFE
and Setmyx: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEs1uagUNQE

Warden has one of the best out of stamina punish in the game, too. Not as good as Centurion (your other "main"), but very high on the list.

SwellChemosabe
10-05-2017, 12:03 PM
I know the OP isn't talking about nerfing Orochi and Berserker. there's no way someone can be that ill informed.

I've mained Orochi and Zerker both since beta, both at rep 15 currently, and i can tell you right now that they are the last characters in need of any nerfing.

You ask any Zerker players and they'll tell you that he is just fine where he is, if not that he needs a slight buff. Orochi is perfectly fine, people talk about giving her a buff all the time but in the right hands she can bring the heat where its needed my guy.

10 reps so far on highlander, all i can say is that you're out of your ****ing mind if you think he needs any kind of nerf. if you cant block or dodge any of his slow as **** and highly telegraphed moves, that's your own fault.

stay off the forums nooby.

Lyskir
10-05-2017, 03:00 PM
dafuq is going on here?

i saw many strange nerf threads but this?

quit entertaining :D