PDA

View Full Version : New Update - The BMW Rally Challenge!

CaptainWeelie
10-04-2017, 12:53 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/TF_BMW_Insta.jpg

Start your engines, kiddos!

The Coach is back with the blazin’ new BMW Rally Challenge!

We’re thrilled to introduce a smashin’ new Tier-lll Legendary bike in the Frontier – the BMW F 800 GS!

With 5 brand-new Tracks, a new BMW Rider outfit, a new Paintjob and a glorious new tier-lll Legendary Bike, get ready for one ragin’ Rally!

Presenting the BMW F 800 GS!

Feast your eyes on the incredible Tier-lll Legendary ride - the BMW F 800 GS!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/BMW%20Bike.png

Inspired by the real-life BMW adventure motorcycle, the BMW F 800 GS is a bike with menacing speed and superior handling.

Reclaim the Leaderboards and get ready for a front-flip fiesta – this thing is a mean speed machine!

Be sure to stay in the Top 5% every week on the Leg Leaderboards to get this beastly beauty in your Garage!

Rally Basics and Dates

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/Coach.png

- 40 Tracks across 4 Legs (weeks)!
- Each Leg has a roster of 10 tracks and a unique Leg Leaderboard!
- Scores from your weekly Leaderboard define your rank on the final Rally Leaderboard at the end of the Rally!
- Everyone gets the BMW F 800 GS with the same level of upgrades - to race on all tracks in the Rally!

Check out the dates -

Leg 1: 5 Oct - 11 Oct 2017
Leg 2: 11 Oct - 17 Oct 2017
Leg 3: 17 Oct - 23 Oct 2017
Leg 4: 23 Oct - 29 Oct 2017

All legs start at 9:01 AM UTC/GMT end at 9AM UTC/GMT.
Attention: Riders, due to an urgent server maintenance, all online game features will not work for the next few hours. The BMW Rally Challenge may not start until all servers are back up. Players on iOS who can race in the Rally will not get updated Leaderboard scores. Please wait for us to update you.
Update - The servers are back up and the BMW Rally Challenge is working for both iOS and Android! Get in there and race away!

@ All the new Riders in the Frontier: The BMW Rally Challenge will become playable as soon as you hit level 4, so level up fast!

More New Stuff?

- Rally Tickets!
- The BMW Rider outfit!
- A gorgeous new Red paintjob for the BMW F 800 GS!

What are Rally Tickets?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/Rally%20Tickets.png

- Rally Tickets are a replacement for fuel in the BMW Rally Challenge!
- Each race in the BMW Rally Challenge requires a Rally Ticket.
- It’ll be rainin’ Rally Tickets in the Frontier - with 7 free Rally Tickets every day, 1 free Rally Ticket every 20 minutes, and Rally Tickets on the Spinwheel, y’all!

The Rewards
https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/bmw_event_rewards.png
- 50 / 50 Bike Blueprints for the BMW F 800 GS!
- 5 feisty New Tracks!

Go smash ‘em records, y’all!

metjammer
10-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Lol, after ignoring all the threads in General Discussion (i.e. why they were selling one track for 500 gems), here's their new coup to get our cash:

Rally tickets.

Ubisoft, what a sad joke you are.

NO-bwestlie
10-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Sooooo, these rally tickets... When you say they work like fuel, I assume it's not like the golden tickets for the bunker? In that you spend 1, and you get to race the track as many times as you like as long as you don't go past the finish screen?

negodyaeff
10-04-2017, 02:54 PM
"- 5 feisty New Tracks!" - yeah, BRAND-new *sarcasm*

j.pan
10-04-2017, 03:45 PM
That sound so great:

Always begged for "Ralley Tickets"
and a new Tier 3 Bike to mess up the already faked Leaderboard a bit more.
Thx so much for no reaction to multiple reported strange Bunker showdowns.
Thx for useless peace, joy and pancakes moderation.
And thx for the driver voice in new version sound like a 6 year old whinge brat.

For all this wonderful work i'll reward ubisoft with sending a petition at Anonymous;
to take down all ubisoft servers for the next 100 years.

Hasta 2117 Ubi :p

badem0n
10-04-2017, 04:24 PM
hey, seems that everything is running properly as expected again. update via playstore is not completing and hanging during the download process... good job!

xitooner
10-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Update not on IOS yet.... didnt really mind how it was done before (ie without "Rally Tickets").... sigh..... I hope its possible to actually get all needed blueprints in THIS event.....

negodyaeff
10-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Update not on IOS yet....
It's strange, many people already updated it on iOS. I thought only on Android updates come out in different time.

I hope its possible to actually get all needed blueprints in THIS event.....
Yeah, I checked config, it's possible to get all 50 BPs if you stay in 5% every leg (actually even 60 out of 50 :D). Also BPs will be in lootwheel.

xitooner
10-05-2017, 12:00 AM
It's strange, many people already updated it on iOS. I thought only on Android updates come out in different time.

It can be erratic, even on IOS (although am sure it will arrive eventually). Its been a couple of hours now and most of my devices see the Frontier update, but my only IOS11 device (my main playing device) still cant see it.

mathatter911
10-05-2017, 03:17 AM
Did they ever read their own forums? Iíve seen so many people beg them not to make a tier 3 legendary bike. This doesnít effect me because Iím not going to contend for serious times on the LB but you just ignored the people playing your game. All for money? If thatís the case just say so and be honest. You donít care about their opinion obviously.

Also explain why you basically charged 500 gems for one track in the Halloween pack. Iíve yet to see any response why you did that and went silent when the pack was removed.

thepbw
10-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Since the BMW update, I cannot connect to the internet at all, so the game is all but useless again. On the Play Store there's plenty of similar comments, so seems I not the only one.

Daaaaaante
10-05-2017, 10:29 AM
After updating the game from playstore, the online services are shut down .
Unable to connect to bunker
Bike upgrades shows disconnected
ANBA not working
Log out and in many times , cleared cache etc, but its still not working

mathatter911
10-05-2017, 10:37 AM
I had similar issues earlier but seems fine now except the Bunker. I was able to run one match up and I was going to come back to run the others later but couldnít connect. So much for getting that new track. Iím on iOS so Im having the issue were everything is unavailable.

NeetjeNL
10-05-2017, 10:43 AM
I logged in at about the time the BMW event should start. Online services were unavailable from that time. I think unavailable online services are linked the event starting (or not :rolleyes:). After updating the game yesterday, all was fine.

negodyaeff
10-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Calm down, it's just server maintenance in a very wrong time

ziga.budja
10-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Well,I hope that I get the"update from server" message, since I deleted the game. :p Of course I had to try the usual stuff, since the game didn't connect and I wanted to play the bunker. There's only a couple of days left and I really want the new track. :D

Fix it quick!

Electron.x
10-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Check out the dates -
Leg 1: 5 Oct - 11 Oct 2017
All legs start at 9:01 AM UTC/GMT end at 9AM UTC/GMT.

Has the event already started for someone? I haven't seen any of this yet. No pop-up message, no coach at home, nothing...

EDIT: Right now, after playing a slot machine mission, I got the event popup!

Ubi-Negitron
10-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Riders, due to an urgent server maintenance, all online game features will not work for the next few hours.

The BMW Rally Challenge may not start until all servers are back up.

Players on iOS who can race in the Rally will not get updated Leaderboard scores.

Please wait for us to update you on this situation.

VacuumWeasel
10-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Unbelievably disappointing update they've released here. Let's break this down:

1) Another pay-to-win legendary bike, this time ruining the challenge of racing tier 3 tracks, now all the previous records people spent hours and days grinding will be gone within such a short time of the release- this is why players like Carterclem7 left the game.

2) Unless legs 2, 3 and 4 give more blueprints, the only way to actually build the bike without paying is by ending rank 1 in one of the legs. This means that a maximum of 4 people on Android and 4 on iOS will be able to ride it without forking out quite a significant sum for a bike in a mobile game.

3) Points 1 and 2 aside, I've really enjoyed the rally challenges before this one. They've presented every player with the same bike, same upgrades and said "Ride as fast as you can." The challenges inspired competition and, being based on fuel, meant players could grind and grind to try to get the top times. The introduction of the rally tickets completely removes this. Now, the one that pays to get the most tickets wins, since everyone else will only get a few attempts at the tracks. It removes the whole aspect of grinding times down to improve, which, last time I checked, was the entire point of Trials. Fair competition has once again been replaced by whoever pays the most wins.

All in all, I'm thoroughly disappointed with the way this game has gone, and I'm not the only member of the community who feels this way. To remedy this slightly, I'd suggest removing the rally tickets and reimbursing anyone who paid gems for them, that way we can at least enjoy the new bike while the rally challenge is around.

metjammer
10-05-2017, 02:41 PM
They won't do sh*t.
They don't react to sh*t.
They don't give a.. you get the idea.

DMac3221
10-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Hey Weasel-

I don't think it's that bad. A new ticket every 20 minutes will net you 6 tries every two hours. If you pop in 2 or 3 times a day you can end up with 100+ tries over the course of the week so that should be more than enough to reach the top 5%.

And I see 14 blueprints up for grabs in week 1. Over 4 weeks that's 56 blueprints in total, more than enough to build the BMW.

Seems like the Beemer is obtainable without spending any cash or gems so cheer up!

Ubi-Negitron
10-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Update - The servers are back up and the BMW Rally Challenge is working for both iOS and Android. You should be able to play the Rally without any problems now. :)

Ubi-Negitron
10-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Hi VacuumWeasel - It's disheartening to learn that you are not enjoying the BMW Rally. While we've tried to give everyone a chance to get a fair shot at winning the bike (stay in the top 5% all 4 weeks and you'll get it!), we also understand you may not be enjoying the experience with Rally Tickets.

Rally Tickets are a way to avoid paying 10-fuel cans for each tier-lll race (since BMW F 800 GS is a tier-lll bike).
Also, you'd get 1 Rally Ticket every 20 minutes in case you don't plan to purchase.

As I've mentioned before, players in the top 5% for all 4 Legs would get the BMW F 800 GS, so there's definitely going to more than 4 riders at the end of the Rally with the bike :)

We hope you play the BMW Rally a little longer and get ahead with Rally Tickets not being an annoyance for you.

NO-bwestlie
10-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Hi VacuumWeasel - It's disheartening to learn that you are not enjoying the BMW Rally. While we've tried to give everyone a chance to get a fair shot at winning the bike (stay in the top 5% all 4 weeks and you'll get it!), we also understand you may not be enjoying the experience with Rally Tickets.

Rally Tickets are a way to avoid paying 10-fuel cans for each tier-lll race (since BMW F 800 GS is a tier-lll bike).
Also, you'd get 1 Rally Ticket every 20 minutes in case you don't plan to purchase.

The fact that you try to put a positive spin on the rally tickets is just... I don't have words. VacuumWeasels post pretty much sums up the opinion of everyone I know in the community, which is the majority of the top players. Like spending fuel has ever been a problem what so ever in the previous challenges. Did you even read this out to yourself before posting it? It's a ploy to drain the most gems and thus cash out of the players as possible, and nothing else. If the tickets was really a way to "avoid paying 10-fuel cans" (just lol) then you'd have made them work the same as fuel, i.e. you pay one ticket, and then you can race as many times as you like as long as you don't move past the finish screen. This event is meaningless now, especially on Android where tons of players are hacking gems, thus making cheaters once again claim the first price. Only this time, it's harder to notice and expose, since the runs will be legit, it's just that a handful of players will have unlimited tries for free, while the rest is fooled into buying your overpriced sh!t tickets to no avail.

H-Refr
10-05-2017, 06:29 PM
Hi VacuumWeasel

Sounds reasonable. But some of us have a decent stock of Rarified Fuel, some of us have Unlimited Fuel Costume. And we can't use it here. Also, as far as I remember, in previous rally events we could hit retry button almost indefinitely to try and beat our own record.

Personally I don't really care about the bike. But I care about track pieces that appear on the loot wheel. I fear with ticket system in place we won't have enough chances to collect all the pieces without spending all our gems on the damn loot wheel.

metjammer
10-05-2017, 08:17 PM

Yeah, but tier-III races will only happen during the last two weeks or even only the last week. So where's the sense in that?
Still, this might be one of the better things to do for newer players. If it weren't for your greed (again gems for tickets - I wonder what new thus poor players are supposed to get gems from other than buying for real money again) and your crooked argumentation (see above.)

Plus, you still choose to just ignore our other requests and complaints, right?
I'm having some serious Sean Spicer moments here..

d34dstr0k3
10-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Yay!, another currency for the economy that we can buy with an existing currency that we can buy for real money… just what everyone wanted!!

Yeah, but tier-III races will only happen during the last two weeks or even only the last week. So where's the sense in that?

It makes perfect sense really… if you started the race with fuel you would be able to fully restart the track without penalty, this way you have to pay with a 'Rally Ticket' if you don't get it quite right, pay to win and all that, although really, it’s free to wait, pay to play.

Credit where its due mind… at least the top 5% should actually get all the blueprints to get the bike, you could even afford to be outside the top 5% one week.

Sad to see track pieces on the lootwheel again, can we buy for 10 gems at the end if we don’t get them all?

DMac3221
10-06-2017, 04:19 AM
Yay!, another currency for the economy that we can buy with an existing currency that we can buy for real money… just what everyone wanted!!

It makes perfect sense really… if you started the race with fuel you would be able to fully restart the track without penalty, this way you have to pay with a 'Rally Ticket' if you don't get it quite right, pay to win and all that, although really, it’s free to wait, pay to play.

Credit where its due mind… at least the top 5% should actually get all the blueprints to get the bike, you could even afford to be outside the top 5% one week.

Sad to see track pieces on the lootwheel again, can we buy for 10 gems at the end if we don’t get them all?

Nice bunker match today. You're irritatingly fast! I like to wait until the last few days so all you fast guys are already done. What the heck are you doing loitering at rank 3? You ended my streak and set me back a star!

wagonlover
10-06-2017, 04:23 AM
Hello I have a question about the tracks for this event.
So far I have pieces for rampant ramps and skyline fling. Are these the only two we need to collect pices for? And do I have 4 weeks to get all of the pieces, or just 1 week?

hanks420
10-06-2017, 04:52 AM
Hello I have a question about the tracks for this event.
So far I have pieces for rampant ramps and skyline fling. Are these the only two we need to collect pices for? And do I have 4 weeks to get all of the pieces, or just 1 week?

They said 5 new tracks for the event in the announcement and based on previous events you have this week to get these tracks.

So far the ticket currency isn't pissing me off like I thought it would. They regenerate relatively quickly and I've had good luck with winning more off the wheel with free respins for commercials.

metjammer
10-06-2017, 08:11 AM

Hell, you're definitely right. I'm in hospital these days and was pretty high yesterday. I totally forgot that we can't retry for free anymore which makes it even harder even more so for newer players.

I must correct myself, this is just another "perfect" rip-off. What a shame that team has become, from the devs to the two remarkably painless public relations jokers in here.

d34dstr0k3
10-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Nice bunker match today. You're irritatingly fast! I like to wait until the last few days so all you fast guys are already done. What the heck are you doing loitering at rank 3? You ended my streak and set me back a star!

Sorry man, I thought the name looked familiar. I'm there for the exact same reasons as you, it's a little easier coming in late, though I admit I'm later than usual. I forget to start these 5 hour ones early enough. I just can't be bothered with the hassle of the bunker at the moment (I wouldn't be playing it if it weren't for the track at rank 1), and I'm pretty inconsistent too right now.

Have you received your Midnight Championship gift yet?

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
10-06-2017, 10:42 AM
we also understand you may not be enjoying the experience with Rally Tickets.

and no rally tickets would be a way to add some value to all the infinite fuel items laying around everyone's accounts

or at least it shouldn't cost a new ticket to reset a race, this isn't the buker with limited time and just 3 tracks to grind

and the fuel, even being "more costly" -with 10 units per race-, kind of auto-refilled, i mean, at least for me without "super powers" i take a while to get a good time, and meanwhile i'd have at least half the fuel back

and did i mention the unlimited fuel items?

ps: the thing to watch an ad to receive a rally ticket doesn't work. at least for me. nothing happens pure and simple

pps: the mind wrecking slowiness when claiming gift box gifts when on the world map is back! 2+ minutes to get 3 tickets and 10 fuel :mad:

j.pan
10-06-2017, 12:29 PM
pps: the mind wrecking slowiness when claiming gift box gifts when on the world map is back! 2+ minutes to get 3 tickets and 10 fuel :mad:

Don't use the Giftbox on world map. There are only two places it works more or less smooth:
-Startside "overview" that shows all the places like Garage, village, puppy home, bunker,..
-or in the bunker view.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
10-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Dont use the Giftbox on world map. There are only two places it works more or less smooth:
-Startside "overview" that shows all the places like Garage, village, puppy home, bunker,..
-or in the bunker view.

a while ago this had been fixed and it was smooth on the world map too

guess i'll have to remember not to use it there again as the problem is back, the thing is that most of the times it's exactly when i'm in the world map that i notice the icon saying i have gifts to claim :cool:

j.pan
10-06-2017, 01:52 PM
@RL/Ubi:

New Sound:
Always enjoyed the "deep burbly" sound when riding not full gas with donkey. Now it's almost gone and all sounds higher. The squeaky rider sound can be deactivated, but i can't get the donkey sound back. The sound design was ok. Three sounds were brilliant:
- Donkey Sound
- Magnet link sound when activated out of "resources sack" -still there-
- Doughnut win sound from wheel -don't know if still there-

Think about this sound changes and make a option for old/new.

BMW Thing:
Stop treating us like ******bags and selling X's for U's. It's y'r decision to develop the game for profit maximation. Y'r decision to ignore the hard work (http://trialstrackmap.sb-f.de/wishlist.html) of some long time players. Y'r decision to make stupid new bikes to make fresh players pay.

So take the critic like men, and don't obscure y'r motivation behind obvious lies.

DMac3221
10-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Sorry man, I thought the name looked familiar. I'm there for the exact same reasons as you, it's a little easier coming in late, though I admit I'm later than usual. I forget to start these 5 hour ones early enough. I just can't be bothered with the hassle of the bunker at the moment (I wouldn't be playing it if it weren't for the track at rank 1), and I'm pretty inconsistent too right now.

Have you received your Midnight Championship gift yet?

Nothing yet. I pm'd the captain a few days ago but haven't heard back. They sure are taking their time!

Same as you, I'm just playing for the track and probably wouldn't be messing with it much otherwise. I need to get faster but my 50 something year old thumbs don't cooperate sometimes!

TheFlyIII
10-08-2017, 02:28 PM
I have no idea how to do this? Through the midnight circuit?

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
10-10-2017, 01:08 PM
just to say that the tickets didn't end up being as big of a problem as they threatened to be in the start, as they show up so much on the spinning wheel (though with a low rate of success, leading us to watch an ad to have another chance, good monetizing strategy guys, it's not too blatant :) )

Irish-man8
10-11-2017, 12:20 AM
I think having to pay, to compete, is ridiculous. All of us have spent so much money and time on this game already and all the other events (that I can remember) were free to ride. It was totally based on a players ability with a universally upgraded bike. I am sick of this spending money on the game already, and even though a ticket every 20 minutes and on the loot wheel is helpful, I still don't agree with this idea RL. Imo, the wheel is almost rigged with the inconsistent revolutions and I hardly ever have time to play. I would like to, when I have time to play, be able to do just that. But I have no tickets. Didn't realize this event was happening until about an hour ago, do the tickets accumulate every 20 minutes? Or does the counter give you one and stop? I didn't even make it thru all the tracks before running out and I refuse to give up 20 gems for 10 tickets.

Irish-man8
10-11-2017, 12:22 AM
These among other reasons are why I've seen many players become less invested in this game over the last 8 months. Myself included.

NO-bwestlie
10-11-2017, 02:24 PM
just to say that the tickets didn't end up being as big of a problem as they threatened to be in the start, as they show up so much on the spinning wheel (though with a low rate of success, leading us to watch an ad to have another chance, good monetizing strategy guys, it's not too blatant :) )

Getting into top 5% isn't hard. Both the Android winner and iOS winner had unlimited tries though, so for getting rank 1 it's certainly a must. For those who would like to compete, this event was (still is) garbage.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
10-24-2017, 11:46 AM

here again, to once again rephrase myself:

you managed to make tickets a big problem, as in round 3 you removed 95% of the ad-respins and even made the tickets slice on the wheel smaller

during the whole week 3 i landed on tickets two!!!!!!!!!!!!! times

you made it harder for us, but i'm not so sure it was worthy for you, as me for example, still didn't buy tickets with gems, i just played less and waited for the 7 tickets to refill, in opposition to the first two weeks, where i saw more ads than ever in order to always have 20/30 plus tickets and grind for map pieces

i think in the end you just lost a lot of ads revenue and made us a bit less happy, but your accountants will know better for sure :)

ps: 20 spins or so and i didn't see a single track piece on the wheel yet in this week 4...

thread lightly...

EDIT:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and now, platinum only gives 1 ticket on the wheel!

stop messing it up already!

EDIT 2: finally saw a track piece!

Xtabay
10-24-2017, 04:26 PM
finally saw a track piece!

Good to hear they're still there, I haven't seen any so far during leg 4... I don't get what they're thinking changing the mechanics like this right at the end. Just super annoying.

CabanonGH
10-25-2017, 01:53 AM
what a bollock, when the "buy ticket" screen appears, there's no confirmation screen. I hit too fast the screen and that screen came up while hitting it and accidentally bought the 50 tickets for 80 gems. what a waste of gems and I didnt even need it.

How hard would it be do add a confirmation screen ?

took me close to a months to get that many