PDA

View Full Version : What's the point in keeping the old characters?

Spitfire094
10-03-2017, 05:20 PM
I've been playing the new two seasons characters recently as I just got the game again and I noticed all the new characters have a bunch of over powering quality's such as if the gladiator lands one hit, he can then barrage you with unblockable attacks while at the same time taking your stamina away or the highlander who has a massive sword and the health of a tank but at the same time is very fast at swinging and can kill someone in four hits. so compare these two to say the orochi who has a lack of ability's and can be over powered by almost everyone or the warden who barely has any attacks what so ever and it makes me think what's the point?

The game is so broken and it keep reminding me why I stopped playing in the first place. I don't want to stop because I like the game but come on ubisoft? what's the f**king problem? why are you so obsessed with trying to make the most over powered and easy to play characters. The game is nothing like when it came our or when it was in beta. The beta was perfect and felt amazing to play, sure a few characters in the Vikings had a few spam attacks or the nobushi has it OP poison ability but never was it so bad that as soon as I entered a fight I would be unable to do anything if I got hit...

now please don't think this is an angry rage rant. its not, but I am sick of how unbalanced this game is. I love playing the orochi but when It about as pointless as a fresh pencil then I wonder if you even care to fix these issues. during the beta, you could 1v1 everyone fairly but in this game built around 1v1 fighting, me and my team always end up having to team up on single players because their characters are so stupid to fight alone.

DoctorMcBatman
10-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Glad and HL are mid-tier with most players. Every now and then you fight someone who's truly expert with them, but it's not often. You just need to practice against them more. A major reason the game was so great early on, is because we (the players) didn't know how to maximize our use of the mechanics yet.

And Orochi is still a fairly decent hero, if you're getting owned constantly: it's you, not the hero.

Halvtand
10-03-2017, 05:37 PM
so compare these two to say the orochi who has a lack of ability's and can be over powered by almost everyone or the warden who barely has any attacks what so ever and it makes me think what's the point?

...And the conqueror slips further into the darkness, quietly sobbing, muttering something about unblockable attacks, dodge-attacks and feints...

Xinlyfenne
10-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Old heroes are getting a rework eventually, so hold out until then.

DoctorMcBatman
10-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Old heroes are getting a rework eventually, so hold out until then.

Some old heroes may get a rework according to the mods here, but nothing is planned or set in stone. I think first, the devs have to see how the defense meta changes the game. There may not be need for reworks after the new mechanical changes are finalized.

RatedChaotic
10-03-2017, 05:57 PM
]Glad and HL are mid-tier with most players. Every now and then you fight someone who's truly expert [/B]with them, but it's not often. You just need to practice against them more. A major reason the game was so great early on, is because we (the players) didn't know how to maximize our use of the mechanics yet.

And Orochi is still a fairly decent hero, if you're getting owned constantly: it's you, not the hero.

Contradicted yourself.

Antonioj26
10-03-2017, 06:06 PM
I've been playing the new two seasons characters recently as I just got the game again and I noticed all the new characters have a bunch of over powering quality's such as if the gladiator lands one hit, he can then barrage you with unblockable attacks while at the same time taking your stamina away or the highlander who has a massive sword and the health of a tank but at the same time is very fast at swinging and can kill someone in four hits. so compare these two to say the orochi who has a lack of ability's and can be over powered by almost everyone or the warden who barely has any attacks what so ever and it makes me think what's the point?

The game is so broken and it keep reminding me why I stopped playing in the first place. I don't want to stop because I like the game but come on ubisoft? what's the f**king problem? why are you so obsessed with trying to make the most over powered and easy to play characters. The game is nothing like when it came our or when it was in beta. The beta was perfect and felt amazing to play, sure a few characters in the Vikings had a few spam attacks or the nobushi has it OP poison ability but never was it so bad that as soon as I entered a fight I would be unable to do anything if I got hit...

now please don't think this is an angry rage rant. its not, but I am sick of how unbalanced this game is. I love playing the orochi but when It about as pointless as a fresh pencil then I wonder if you even care to fix these issues. during the beta, you could 1v1 everyone fairly but in this game built around 1v1 fighting, me and my team always end up having to team up on single players because their characters are so stupid to fight alone.

The only dlc characters worth a damn are gladiator and centurion, no highlander doesn't have the health of a tank. He has 5 more health then your standard assassin, mediocre damage, and is slow as hell. If you think he's fast you need a reflex check.

DoctorMcBatman
10-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Contradicted yourself.

Glad and HL are mid-tier.

Good players will almost always be good players regardless of hero tier.

The game was more fun when no one knew how to use (abuse) the mechanics.

Orochi is mid-tier too.

That's the sum of my points, what's contradictory?

SaschoS
10-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Still dreaming guys? Devs are without honor prolly just fapping around at work.