PDA

View Full Version : Elimination on xbox one is officially ruined

Gib_Code_Pls
10-03-2017, 07:05 AM
Elimination used to be my favorite mode, but it's rendered unplayable now because it's nothing but people playing "with honor". What this means is that instead of going into duel, a custom made mode where you can 1v1 all you want, or tournament mode, which again you can 1v1 all you want against different opponents, people go to elimination, a 4v4 mode and impose imaginary rules that you can only duel in the mode.
Now this wouldn't be so bad if you could reason with these people. I've told numerous teammates "I don't want to treat this like duel, I want to play it like a team fight". In response I'm told that I'm "dishonorable scum" and that I shouldn't be playing if I don't want to play by their imaginary rules.

It extends beyond this though. I can be fighting an opponent in elimination and my teammate comes over. I signal repeatedly that I need help, over and over in fact. In response to me asking for help they simply emote and do nothing, and if I lose the fight they let me be executed.

And if there's only one enemy alive and it's a 3v1, if I step in to end the round quickly rather than watch them duel it out, my teammates will spend the rest of the match actively trying to f*ck me over. This ranges from them refusing to revive me. I just had a game where I ganked in the earlier round, and the next round when I died my teammate came to my body and half revived me over and over again until the round ended. Worst case scenario they actually tell the enemy team to gank me to "teach me a lesson".

You have to wonder, why the hell is this allowed? This 'playstyle' if you can even call it that, is incredibly toxic and actively tries to screw over teammates if they don't conform to the way you decide the game should be played. In any other game refusing to help your teammates, helping the enemies kill them, and refusing to revive them when you can would get you some kind of punishment. But not in For Honor, here you don't even get a warning for f*cking over your team.

So thanks to the devs and mods here for refusing to do anything about this blatant griefing that destroyed a game mode. Really great job you did there

RenegadeRasta
10-03-2017, 02:05 PM
So you're mad at players playing with 'honor' in a game called ' For Honor'. Gather some friends if you don't want to play by other players' rules. Players play differently. There's nothing toxic about an honest duel in a 4v4 or 2v2.

PDXGorechild
10-03-2017, 02:20 PM
I actually enjoy playing Elimination like this. I'll always play like this by default, unless the enemy ganks, then i'll gank. I find both ways fun, but honourable fights moreso. I find I get a fairly even amount of both. If I end up in a game with like minded players, i'll keep hitting ready for next match. If not I find a new one. Saying the whole game mode is ruined because of one demographic you encounter sometimes is very extreme.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-03-2017, 03:46 PM
This post is hilarious. Find 3 friends if you cant deal with it. I find no fun in 4 people hitting one person over and over again. If you do, great, but Im not assisting. Deal with it.

DoctorMcBatman
10-03-2017, 03:50 PM
This is really a question of defining Elimination. Is it a 4v4 duel, or is it Dominion without the bases and minions? I believe the devs intended for it to be the latter, but much of the community subscribes to the former.

I lean former. And agree with the last post: what's the fun in spawning and immediately running away to go gank someone? Yeah, maybe your team will win faster... but was it fun? Ganking = short fights = shorter matches. I don't want that. I want long, quality fights; and long, quality matches.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-03-2017, 03:53 PM
This is really a question of defining Elimination. Is it a 4v4 duel, or is it Dominion without the bases and minions? I believe the devs intended for it to be the latter, but much of the community subscribes to the former.

I lean former. And agree with the last post: what's the fun in spawning and immediately running away to go gank someone? Yeah, maybe your team will win faster... but was it fun? Ganking = short fights = shorter matches. I don't want that. I want long, quality fights; and long, quality matches.

Exactly. These guys/girls, have swords and shields. In a world where shooter dominate and youre dead in seconds at times I rather enjoy these longer battles that this game offers. If they did intend for it to be Dominion with no bases or minions then they basically unknowingly created a 4V4 duel. OP, if the majority of the games you play are like this, then the majority want to play like this. Its virtually impossible to change this and there is zero way to punish anyone for this. What would you even report?

ChampionRuby50g
10-03-2017, 08:52 PM
As I would say to players complaining about ganking in a 4v4, deal with it. You can't dictate how other players should play, if they want to play with Honor in a game mode which starts off as four 1v1s, let them. Be happy that you can even play Elimination at least, back in the day when I could actually play it in Aus players would mostly play your way but I was never upset if they wanted Honor. What other game mode allows you to do a 1v1 with gear stats and feats? Think of that either?

mrmistark
10-03-2017, 08:55 PM
Here's the thing about elimination you have to understand. Yes, there are 4 players on each side, but is it really a 4v4? I'm not so sure. You start out in a duel like setting. This sets the stage for 'honor' because the first in many cases, minute, is essentially a duel mode.

That being said, would you not be salty if in the first 15 seconds of starting, another enemy pushes your buddy off of a ledge and you start your essentially duel mode beginning in a 2v1 situation? That is why most people play with "Honor" because most people don't want to open the Pandora's box of salt.

there are also execution orders. If a team mate needs those orders and you took that execution away from them you could actually be doing the opposite of what you want to accomplish: acting in the best interest of your team. If you dislike the way this particular group of people play then try finding a new match or getting a group together.

gj4063
10-03-2017, 09:09 PM
This is the opposite of my experience. I used to main heavies, so assassins would just run away from me to double team someone else as I try to catch up. Quit playing the mode.

You can learn what is intended by watching bots. In elimination, buoys will duel then go to wait for another duel to end (if the bot won the first one). In dominion, bots will 1v1 you but will run away if you get their health down low and you get separated enough (double dodge) for them to escape.

BLOOD-E-BARON
10-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Gank, ledge.....do dishonourable deeds it's all there for a reason

UbiJurassic
10-04-2017, 02:52 AM
Elimination used to be my favorite mode, but it's rendered unplayable now because it's nothing but people playing "with honor". What this means is that instead of going into duel, a custom made mode where you can 1v1 all you want, or tournament mode, which again you can 1v1 all you want against different opponents, people go to elimination, a 4v4 mode and impose imaginary rules that you can only duel in the mode.
Now this wouldn't be so bad if you could reason with these people. I've told numerous teammates "I don't want to treat this like duel, I want to play it like a team fight". In response I'm told that I'm "dishonorable scum" and that I shouldn't be playing if I don't want to play by their imaginary rules.

It extends beyond this though. I can be fighting an opponent in elimination and my teammate comes over. I signal repeatedly that I need help, over and over in fact. In response to me asking for help they simply emote and do nothing, and if I lose the fight they let me be executed.

And if there's only one enemy alive and it's a 3v1, if I step in to end the round quickly rather than watch them duel it out, my teammates will spend the rest of the match actively trying to f*ck me over. This ranges from them refusing to revive me. I just had a game where I ganked in the earlier round, and the next round when I died my teammate came to my body and half revived me over and over again until the round ended. Worst case scenario they actually tell the enemy team to gank me to "teach me a lesson".

You have to wonder, why the hell is this allowed? This 'playstyle' if you can even call it that, is incredibly toxic and actively tries to screw over teammates if they don't conform to the way you decide the game should be played. In any other game refusing to help your teammates, helping the enemies kill them, and refusing to revive them when you can would get you some kind of punishment. But not in For Honor, here you don't even get a warning for f*cking over your team.

So thanks to the devs and mods here for refusing to do anything about this blatant griefing that destroyed a game mode. Really great job you did there

Sorry to hear that Elimination matches have not been to your liking. However, honor is something that the community ultimately created. Some For Honor players come from other games, such as Dark Souls, where honorable play has been established over the course of several years and titles. Whether you choose to fight with or without honor is up to the player and we are not looking to strictly enforce a specific style of play. That being said, we have always made sure to note the feedback of both players that like honorable play and those that dislike it and will continue to do so.

SwellChemosabe
10-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Why are people still bringing this up?

This has been discussed so many times before.

general ruling people seem to come to: Play it how you want to play it, don't shame other players for doing it their way.

Gib_Code_Pls
10-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear that Elimination matches have not been to your liking. However, honor is something that the community ultimately created. Some For Honor players come from other games, such as Dark Souls, where honorable play has been established over the course of several years and titles. Whether you choose to fight with or without honor is up to the player and we are not looking to strictly enforce a specific style of play. That being said, we have always made sure to note the feedback of both players that like honorable play and those that dislike it and will continue to do so.

And why are players who don't like me ganking allowed to actively tell the enemy teams to gank me, and refuse to revive me, going as far to half revive me over and over again as a taunt? Why do you even have a button to report griefing when teammates refusing to revive me if they don't like how I play isn't griefing?

Gib_Code_Pls
10-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Why are people still bringing this up?

This has been discussed so many times before.

general ruling people seem to come to: Play it how you want to play it, don't shame other players for doing it their way.

Except that isn't what happens. If I decide that I don't want to play with honor, my team actively tells me to f*ck off, staggers me with unlocked lights as I'm trying to fight, refuses to revive me if I die, and tells the enemy team to gank me to 'teach me a lesson'. And every single time I complain about this the actual problem of honor players being incredibly toxic and ruining my experience is met with "They can play how they like" and the actual issue of them being awful teammates who will let you die and not help you if you don't follow their rules is ignored.

SwellChemosabe
10-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Except that isn't what happens. If I decide that I don't want to play with honor, my team actively tells me to f*ck off, staggers me with unlocked lights as I'm trying to fight, refuses to revive me if I die, and tells the enemy team to gank me to 'teach me a lesson'. And every single time I complain about this the actual problem of honor players being incredibly toxic and ruining my experience is met with "They can play how they like" and the actual issue of them being awful teammates who will let you die and not help you if you don't follow their rules is ignored.

well then **** them for staggering you but it won't change the fact that they have every right to play that way. just as you have every right to play your way.

i highly recommend the following as remedies;

1) find players who play like you do and team up with them
2) try to "Read the room" if you're in a match and you see that both teams are part of the honor crowd then probably don't try to gank, or at least be aware that you're probably going to get ****ed if you do.
3) "Git Gud" meaning that if you're going to gank you need to be at least prepared for the fact that your team may not gank with you, and the enemy team will try to stomp your ***. Wouldn't it be great if you could just destroy a whole enemy team? and your teammates aint getting nothing from it because they didn't want to help and you just annihilated their asses.

Gib_Code_Pls
10-05-2017, 04:57 AM
well then **** them for staggering you but it won't change the fact that they have every right to play that way. just as you have every right to play your way.

i highly recommend the following as remedies;

1) find players who play like you do and team up with them
2) try to "Read the room" if you're in a match and you see that both teams are part of the honor crowd then probably don't try to gank, or at least be aware that you're probably going to get ****ed if you do.
3) "Git Gud" meaning that if you're going to gank you need to be at least prepared for the fact that your team may not gank with you, and the enemy team will try to stomp your ***. Wouldn't it be great if you could just destroy a whole enemy team? and your teammates aint getting nothing from it because they didn't want to help and you just annihilated their asses.

Or, and hear me out here because this idea is just crazy, Ubisoft actually does something about this blatant griefing. Why is there even a report button for griefing if staggering your teammate with lights to get them killed doesn't qualify as griefing? Or is that button just exclusively to use when someone calls me super duper mean names?

RoosterIlluzion
10-05-2017, 05:18 AM
Just block those idiots, and move on.

RoosterIlluzion
10-05-2017, 05:22 AM
Elimination SHOULD be a free-for-all. The way it is now, it's supposed to be played 4v4 where ganking is not only allowed but encouraged.

ChampionRuby50g
10-05-2017, 06:32 AM
The thing I don't think you realise, OP, is that the enemy team and your teammates are thinking the exact same thing about you. "Why can't I report him, he's griefing me by ruining my 1v1s when I don't want him to step in and ruin my 1v1"
It works both ways mate, you can't expect people to not be angry when you disrupt how they wanna be playing. I'm all for ganking, but can also respect the 1v1.

Bad luck about not been revived and staggered constantly, but don't complain about it. You already said it, if they're doing that they're horrible teammates. What a circle this is, one player thinks everyone is griefing him while the other players think this one player is griefing on them.

Gib_Code_Pls
10-05-2017, 08:13 AM
The thing I don't think you realise, OP, is that the enemy team and your teammates are thinking the exact same thing about you. "Why can't I report him, he's griefing me by ruining my 1v1s when I don't want him to step in and ruin my 1v1"
It works both ways mate, you can't expect people to not be angry when you disrupt how they wanna be playing. I'm all for ganking, but can also respect the 1v1.

Bad luck about not been revived and staggered constantly, but don't complain about it. You already said it, if they're doing that they're horrible teammates. What a circle this is, one player thinks everyone is griefing him while the other players think this one player is griefing on them.

No. Just no. Me trying to kill the enemy team is not griefing. My own team staggering me with lights and refusing to revive me is griefing. There's absolutely no reason this type of playstyle should not be punished. Am I allowed to go play Siege and refuse to do anything unless I get 1v1s and never pick up downed teammates? We all know this wouldn't be allowed in another game, so why this one? The griefing should be punished, except let's face it, the playerbase is just too small and ubisoft doesn't want to risk losing the "honor" playerbase by punishing them for being the worst teammates imaginable

ChampionRuby50g
10-05-2017, 11:21 AM
No. Just no. Me trying to kill the enemy team is not griefing. My own team staggering me with lights and refusing to revive me is griefing. There's absolutely no reason this type of playstyle should not be punished. Am I allowed to go play Siege and refuse to do anything unless I get 1v1s and never pick up downed teammates? We all know this wouldn't be allowed in another game, so why this one? The griefing should be punished, except let's face it, the playerbase is just too small and ubisoft doesn't want to risk losing the "honor" playerbase by punishing them for being the worst teammates imaginable

I never said it was. I merely stated the other players would possibly be thinking the same thing as you are, that you are griefing on them when they obviously wanted to do 1v1s.
Let's put it this way, you just came up to a 1v1 going on in Elimination and start attacking the enemy. Your teammate breaks off and says Wow! or otherwise makes it clear they wanted to 1v1, but you continue to gank or attack the opponent by yourself. Now of course these two players are going to think poorly of you and consider this griefing if you are intentionally ruining a 1v1 they wanted to participate in.

Why reference Siege here at all? A complete different game, in which its core mechanics have no similarities in FH. But, yes you are allowed to go and play Siege and do nothing unless you get 1v1s. There's no rule stating you can't, but good luck in only finding 1v1 encounters on Siege. Not picking up downed teammates is something a lot of people do, in many cases they'll get kicked or they are been smart and playing the objective in dangerous situations. So yeah, those things are "allowed" if you simply open you mind.

They are bad teammates, I don't disagree with you on that. But they are only bad because they started to attack you with lights and not reviving you, they are not bad because they want to play with Honor, which is what you are really implying.

GMG Peter
10-05-2017, 01:36 PM
I actually enjoy playing Elimination like this. I'll always play like this by default, unless the enemy ganks, then i'll gank. I find both ways fun, but honourable fights moreso. I find I get a fairly even amount of both. If I end up in a game with like minded players, i'll keep hitting ready for next match. If not I find a new one. Saying the whole game mode is ruined because of one demographic you encounter sometimes is very extreme.

I absolutely agree with this