PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft can't program

Mirage6201
10-02-2017, 08:02 PM
They tried to fix stability with quit penalty but the underlying issue is still alive and real. In other news water is wet. In other news Ubisoft is Ubisoft.

Ranting bc I was kicked from 4 of 4 matches after others quit. Rather complain and rip UBI then play at the moment.

FredEx919
10-02-2017, 08:08 PM
The quit penalty is there because it's something that is abused. We've addressed connectivity with a number of fixes in previous patches and more work on it as we move forward. While it's not perfect, nothing has changed and we're still dedicated to creating a better experience.

sand_nigg3r
10-02-2017, 10:40 PM
I think the issue is that the matchmaking penalty can be given unfairly if you're dropped from the match because of someone else rage quitting. And that for those who care enough to quit to begin with the penalty can be averted altogether by simply ending the For Honor application through task manager.

Netcode_err_404
10-02-2017, 11:13 PM
The quit penalty is there because it's something that is abused. We've addressed connectivity with a number of fixes in previous patches and more work on it as we move forward. While it's not perfect, nothing has changed and we're still dedicated to creating a better experience.

Your penalty is a big BS.

This game is unstable, bugged AF, and overall broken, so, you cannot really afford to penalize people because they decided to quit.

Your "x second of grace" is a total BS for 2 reasons :

1) Game is still bugged AF and happens a lot of times that after respawn you have black screen and cannot see nothing Not to mention MM issues like all noobs vs 250 rep nerds..

2) Bugs like the disabling of the lock on after respawn.

3)If you play with a friend and your friend crash, he cannot join you back, so you are forced to task manager or bypass thepenalty to group up again with your "fallen "friend.

I'd like to remember you that this game is the worst multiplayer service i've ever seen. And a lot of people could confirm what I'm saying.

It seems most of the original devs have nerver seen a multiplayer game before.

FH misses so much QOL features to improve users experience while playing, that i could still be here in a couple of hours making a list.

DKDridin
10-03-2017, 04:31 AM

Well you need to quit punishing players for your issues until it is fixed. Get rid of the penalty until you get your **** together.

HiTeHa
10-03-2017, 02:28 PM

Bad game stability and connectivity issues are from launch. Almost three-quarters of a year. But good joke.

Devils-_-legacy
10-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Dedicated severs are very soon well done for posting on a redundant thread

pimmas01
10-03-2017, 04:04 PM
while on the subject of penalties; can we remove the afk timer for 2v2? it seems to be more of a 4v4 thing, to replace afkers with active players at the first minutes of the game.
you dont replace people in 2v2, and getting kicked for afk while standing there like a good boy and waiting for your m8 to finish their fight 'cus you killed your own opponent too quickly just sucks.

Vakris_One
10-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Dedicated severs are very soon well done for posting on a redundant thread
No they're not. At best they'll be ready in late February 2018 and knowing this dev team it will be riddled with a whole set of its very own bugs. Sadly this thread isn't redundant, the same complaints over connectivity issues are still as relevant as the day this game launched. I'm sorry but that's just pathetic for a triple A studio. Truly pathetic.

Vakris_One
10-03-2017, 07:20 PM
The penalty is there because people leaving usually crashes everyone out of the match and that is entirely to blame on your shoddy P2P architecture. Most PvP multiplayer games with a stable network architecture don't go belly up as soon as 1 or 2 or 3 players leave. They usually put a leavers penalty only in their ranked modes to stop players from artificially padding their skill rating. For Honor on the other hand was forced to put in a leavers penalty in order to try and mask over the fact that your game's network architecture collapses at the first sign of a strong breeze. It's a band aid on a gaping wound and that's all it's ever been. It's soaked up some of the blood but the wound has just kept on bleeding straight through.

I really hope the patch on Thursday brings at least some sliver of stability and bug fixes cos to be honest, the game was more stable during Beta than it is now at times in Season bloody 3.

:(

Devils-_-legacy
10-03-2017, 07:24 PM
http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2017/07/fh_roadmap_all_v7.jpg?x49516 dedicated servers are between November this year and February next doesn't state it will be February

Vakris_One
10-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Let me put it another way then. If they manage to make the monumentally difficult switch to dedicated servers before February 2018 without it resulting in a huge fuster cluck then they will be the single most gifted dev team on the planet. They will need all the time they can buy to make sure the transition goes as smoothly as possible because, to my knowledge at least, they only started working on dedicated servers sometime around maybe Season 2, when they realised that their custom P2P network is un-salvageable.

If they started working on dedicated servers sooner than mid-Season 2 then yes, it is a possibility that we might see dedicated servers implemented in this year.

sand_nigg3r
10-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Of course they could have started working on dedicated servers when the community told them time and agan that there p2p is a steaming pile of crap, BEFORE the game even released.

Honestly feels like the game is still in beta and would have benefitted greatly from atleast another year of development. I'd have been happy to wait to atleast get a functional product that I can play without disconnects or crash a dozen times a day.

Devils-_-legacy
10-03-2017, 08:03 PM
It was announced on the 28th of July I belive I agree it will be a hard switch but you seem way more negative towards the devs like they deserve some credit (tbf I think I could be wrong as I can't find the link) but didn't they build this game from the ground up and it's there first attempt at developing a strategy-action game there not doing as bad there main problem is p2p (various titles had massive problems with this) they are working on dedicated servers cut them some slack even with all of the problems still an amazing unique title

sand_nigg3r
10-03-2017, 08:27 PM
It was announced on the 28th of July I belive I agree it will be a hard switch but you seem way more negative towards the devs like they deserve some credit (tbf I think I could be wrong as I can't find the link) but didn't they build this game from the ground up and it's there first attempt at developing a strategy-action game there not doing as bad there main problem is p2p (various titles had massive problems with this) they are working on dedicated servers cut them some slack even with all of the problems still an amazing unique title

The issue is that the community gave feeback during Beta that the p2p wasn't working yet the devs were adamant it would be fine. We're now 8 months on from that point and it turns out we were right. Alot of the problems with this game could have been easily averted by simply listening to feedback that was given early.

Devils-_-legacy
10-03-2017, 08:42 PM
I havnt disputed that I was one of the people that said this (my router has a security features that took me hours to disable and then longer opening ports just to play) but a new thread is created almost daily to say it when we know its comming? I stopped writing on these threads when dedicated servers was announced(we won why complain at first they used Bs excuses I think they done it because it's a lot cheaper) but when i read through this one certain post just seem overly negative

Vakris_One
10-04-2017, 02:03 AM
It's hard to remain positive when the game you like playing continues to serve you up errors and bugs every time you switch it on for just a few matches. I don't even play it every day anymore like I used to. Which probably is making the errors harder to bear because I now spend less time playing per session and thus the commonly occuring errors really start to be felt like an utter waste of my valuable leisure time.

All I want to do is occassionally use my one available hour on a given day to actually be playing For Honor rather than spending half that time being dropped from matches and flicking through its error message screens or rebooting the game cos of the 'matchmaking won't start' bug.

I've never given into being overly negative on the game or the devs until just a few days ago. It has been a cumulative effect and very recently the game's technical issues have really just overstepped the bounds with me. There's only so far that the originality of this game can continue to outweigh the problems it retains because at the end of the day a game is supposed to be about fun, not about constant technical and character balancing frustrations.

This is why I have decided, for me personally, that the quality of this
Thursdays patch will determine whether I stay interested in For Honor's fate or not.

guor6800
10-04-2017, 09:21 AM
This is why I have decided, for me personally, that the quality of this
Thursdays patch will determine whether I stay interested in For Honor's fate or not.

Another carrot in the stick? Nah i ll pass. I was here from closed beta till the release of centurion in season 2. After that i used to log in from time to time just to remember why i stopped playing in the first place.

-Kensei main from the start still waiting to play a decent champion
-Overall champion balance is a total joke.
-I can literally remember posts in the end of February talking about defense and parry-meta. Their answer to this was Centurion. Now almost 7 months after this defense meta is still alive and well.
-Centurion runnning on steroids for almost 4 months. Shinobi gets nerfed hard in the first two weeks.
-Stability is as bad as ever.
-Matchmaking issues for a big part of the community.

Shall i continue? They have promised so many things that i am starting to seriously doubt that there will be a year 2 in For honor.

Ulrichvonbek111
10-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Another carrot in the stick? Nah i ll pass. I was here from closed beta till the release of centurion in season 2. After that i used to log in from time to time just to remember why i stopped playing in the first place.

-Kensei main from the start still waiting to play a decent champion
-Overall champion balance is a total joke.
-I can literally remember posts in the end of February talking about defense and parry-meta. Their answer to this was Centurion. Now almost 7 months after this defense meta is still alive and well.
-Centurion runnning on steroids for almost 4 months. Shinobi gets nerfed hard in the first two weeks.
-Stability is as bad as ever.
-Matchmaking issues for a big part of the community.

Shall i continue? They have promised so many things that i am starting to seriously doubt that there will be a year 2 in For honor.

Very well said Kensei.
I too have been here from the closed Beta always giving the game the benefit of the doubt that in time it'll work itself out.
Well like you said the Spamturion broken from the beginning with protests coming from all round the community.
It was heart breaking to see 3 + SPAMTURIONS in most game modes,,abusing and taking advantage just for a hollow victory.
Yes nearly 2 seasons later they claim now they'll nerf him...
If their past bull is anything to go by then don't get too excited.
We always recieve the same bull about connection "check your own internet connection and router" but most of these people stating their disappointment have actually the best connections out and green Nat yet they're expected to continually swallow the bull reasoning offered.

Many people have got their tongues so far up the rear ends of the likes of Candle & Co. seeking appraisals and recognition..
It's enough to induce vomiting with their narcissistic people pleasing..
YES THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE...

THIS GAME HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL AND YES I SHALL GRIT MY TEETH AND BARE IT,,ONLY BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY GAME OF ITS KIND...PITY IT'S STILL IN EARLY STAGES.
I REMAIN SAMURAI FOREVER
WITH HONOUR