PDA

View Full Version : Remove region lock

Tyler-Durdin
10-02-2017, 01:35 AM
As the title states the region lock needs to be removed.
The region lock is preventing people from playing.
The endless amount of time spent matchmaking only to get ERROR 0002001512 will stop if it is removed.
Please don't refer me to support for this ERROR as I know exactly what this ERROR is. The answer is simple. You can't find a game because there aren't enough people in your region playing the game.
With the removal of region lock this will end and you might even get some of the players back which you pretend never left.

UbiNoty
10-02-2017, 02:13 AM
What region are you in? I know you're not a fan of support, but if you can send in a report and then PM me your case # - I can then forward it directly to the team.

Tyler-Durdin
10-02-2017, 02:27 AM
I'm in Australia and its kind of pointless sending a report since I don't think support can do anything about having too few people in my region to match up to.
As I stated I know what this error is. The error is not the issue the issue is the region lock.
This is what support will tell me to do:
Please try the steps below to see if your connectivity issues resolve.

1. Proxy and Offline Mode
We also must ensure that Windows is not utilizing any Proxy settings which can cause connectivity problems and that Offline Mode is disabled.

- Click on the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Select Settings.
- Click on the Network Tab.
- Make sure "Always Start Uplay in Offline Mode" is unchecked​
- Select the Change Proxy Settings option.
- Press the 'LAN settings' button at the bottom of the window.
- Make sure only the box checked is "Automatically detect settings".
- Click OK to save the changes.

2. Software Conflicts
Try updating your Windows Firewall, as well as updating the firmware for your home router. If updating these programs does not resolve the issue, you may need to temporarily shut-down the associated programs or bypass the router and establish a direct connection to your modem.

You can also temporarily disable your anti-virus, anti-malware, firewalls, and any other applications that are affecting your network traffic before testing the game. If you can determine which application is configured too strictly, you can then add the appropriate exception or allowance to that application to allow Uplay to communicate freely on your local network.

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and Virtual Private Networking (VPN) applications can also be conflicting with the game, and you will want to disable these applications to try to resolve the issue.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/230112

3. Port Forwarding
If it is not possible to shut-down your firewall you will need to configure your router and/or firewall to forward the following network ports:

Uplay
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000, 14001, 14008

For Honor
UDP: 3074

Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturer's website.
Please visit https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000024619 for more information.

4. Background Applications
You may also encounter problems due to applications running in the background on your computer system. When playing Ubisoft games, please be sure to close all running background applications before starting your game. You can find the steps for this listed below.

- Press the Windows key and the "R" key at the same time.
- Delete anything on the Open line that you find there, type in MSCONFIG and press the Enter key to bring up the System Configuration utility.
- Look down the list of startup items (not the tab labeled Startup), and choose Selective Startup if it is not already selected. If you don't see this, make sure you've clicked on General near the top of the window.
- Once you've chosen Selective Startup, uncheck "Load Startup Items".
- Once you're done, click Apply & OK, and let it reboot your computer.
- Once restarted, make sure that any application that affects your local network is disabled.

Try running the game again. If the game loads and seems to be working, the problem is most likely related to one or more programs you have scheduled to load with Windows.

Note: Keep in mind that this is a temporary solution, and any changes can be reverted by returning to the MSCONFIG utility and re-selecting "Normal Startup".

5. Restrictive Networking Environment
There may also be certain restrictions set by your ISP or network administrator. If you continue to have trouble, please contact your ISP or network administrator for details on any specific restrictions on the previously mentioned network ports.

6. Local DNS
If you are still having connection problems, you will want to try flushing your DNS and resetting your Windows hosts file.

None of the above can add more players to my region.
The ONLY fix is the TOTAL removal of region lock.

UbiNoty
10-02-2017, 02:29 AM
I'm in Australia and its kind of pointless sending a report since I don't think support can do anything about having too few people in my region to match up to.
As I stated I know what this error is. The error is not the issue the issue is the region lock.

They may not be able to give you a fix, but it's necessary for us since we can use that to track issues. And so when the team needs more information about it (the region matchmaking), that's a more standard and reliable source of solid information that they can look at - instead of a word-of-mouth description by me.

ChampionRuby50g
10-02-2017, 03:00 AM
As an Aussie myself, I don't support removing region lock. Now I know nothing about connection and the ins and outs of how it works, but I know when I am playing against players from other regions REGARDLESS of the game, my online experience Is 20x worse. Teleporting players, instant attacks.
Not too long ago I made a thread in which i explained how for that day region lock didn't seem to be working, and for every game I played my full Aussie team got paired up with players from other regions, mostly US. (Confirmed through messages and talking with the other players in the game) and every game had either the majority of players in it DC, or the whole game crashed. On our end, we Aussies had green bar while the whole other team was red. But the other team said they all had green while we where red.

If region lock is removed, I fear it will make all these problems worse, and the game will be unplayable for me. In Australia only half the country has access to NBN (national broadband network) due to our governments incompetence. This means that a lot of us still use ADSL 2+, which will never give us download speeds of over 15mbs a second. Horrible in today's day and age of technology, where it is recommended to have 25mbs. Someone plz think of the Aussies.

Edit: here is my old thread, not sure how to hyperlink it from mobile so excuse the massive URL.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1752214-I-m-in-the-Oceanic-region-but-only-been-matched-with-Americans?highlight=Playing+players+regions

Tyler-Durdin
10-02-2017, 03:07 AM
I only want to play Vs the Ai with others. Im not a fan of PVP at all as I am average at it and my reflexes aren't great(sucks being old) As of this moment I have been matchmaking in what states as MEDIUM ACTIVITY only to be timed out with error for 5 hrs straight. Even giving an option to switch region I would be happy with.
I could play solo Vs the Ai but ive noticed that theres an almost 50% difference in xp and steel gained when doing so. And for such a grind to rep 40 that will take an enormous amount of time.

Moondyne_MC
10-02-2017, 08:02 AM
C'mon man, if I can consistently find matches (of duel, brawl, and dominion at least) in rural W.A then there can't be that few Aussie players. Opening up the region lock would be awful, as if the disconnect rate and lag wasn't bad enough already.

Tyler-Durdin
10-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Nothing will come of it support told me exactly what I expected them to tell me in almost exact format that I posted previously.(which I have done repeatedly to no avail)
I'm glad you can consistently find matches mate but are you playing PVP or P vs Ai?, meanwhile ill just have to plod along playing solo as I'm consistently getting timed out, it went on yesterday for 8 hrs total before I got a game with others. I only kept trying to see how long it would actually take being that double xp was happening id expected to find at least someone else playing during this amount of time.
If we could find out the number of aussie For Honor players from Ubisoft we would know for sure but that is unlikely as it would be deemed not in their best interest to do so .
Thanks all for sharing your thoughts on this subject.

Moondyne_MC
10-02-2017, 11:33 PM
I only play PVP, probably played like, 3 matches vs AI since launch.

May I ask what kind of internet connection you've got? I recently managed to pick up NBN (just got done in my area), and while the speeds are nothing to brag about, connection stability for me has improved greatly. Prior I was playing on a 3G WiFi connection and would get kicked constantly.

Not to say disconnects don't still happen, but it's pretty clear to me my subpar Internet was at least partially to blame.

Tyler-Durdin
10-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Had the nbn for a while now.And your right about the speeds ive seen little difference since switching from adsl2
I have only ever played PVP for 18hrs Ive not got the reflexes I once had 20 years ago so I only play Vs the Ai.
Maybe the problem lies with the Vs Ai reward scaling which is why so few play it.
I cant understand why when I'm solo I get almost a 50% reduction in xp and steel compared to having even 1 player with me considering when solo you have to do the work of 4 players cos team bots are not that great.
I know pvp would give even more and the competitive nature of it probably is deserving.
When I did play pvp I noticed tat at times you could get 1-3 parts of gear.
Would be nice to get a little more for playing against the ai could make the champion status actually worth getting.
I will have to just grin and bear it. hopefully dedicated servers will bring more people back so that all modes have a healthy population if not I fear they will shutdown our regional server thus locking us out of the game completely time will be the teller of this tale.
After considering your points perhaps a removal is a bit on the risky side but we should have at least an option of which region we wish to try and play on
instead of a total region lockdown.

aaroz88
04-10-2018, 01:56 PM
Yup, it definitely needs to go away. Very disappointed on how the staff handle my case just to request for an exception to my account with the locked key but sadly they never care at all :mad:

Haplo_Bane
04-10-2018, 03:31 PM
I'm Australian,old and purely play pvp dominion. I want them remove region lock,but for different reasons. I'm bored of seeing the same players over and over and over and over again. And I'm sure their sick of seeing me. But unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. Our politicians don't have friends in the computer industry to make money off,and spending money to modernize it won't justify the little amount of votes they will gain, if any. If anything, you'll find more and more companies doing it to our games. I hate it, but also don't blame them. A good example is StarWars Battlefront. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT IF YOU LIKED THEM OR NOT ,not my point. But the first wasn't region locked and it had horrible,up to 11 second lag. The second was region locked and it ran beautifully. So if you're Australian and don't like it, it's futile complaining to a friggin gaming company about it. Take interest in local politics,( I would make a solid bet not many Aussie's using this forum know who their mayor is,let alone their local minister) and make it PUBLICLY known it's a problem. Lazy b*st*rds that we are.
. Also I've never had a problem getting a match after 10 am and before 3am.

Veerdin-Wraith
04-10-2018, 06:24 PM
Aussie here, for what its worth? I never play FH these days without a VPN active (usually set to a Canadian server, no less) because when I try to play with the Oceanic region, I can only ever find Dominion and Duel matches - and usually I see the same few players regularly when playing these modes. All other game modes? Constant time-out errors. And to make things worse, if it gets past 12-midnight (or even as early as 9pm/10pm some nights) I can't find matches for any gamemode.

Keep in mind I have pretty fast internet, a "Green" Open NAT rating and don't have connection issues with any other online game I play. The only one that has this level of trouble is For Honor.

Meanwhile, with my VPN switched on? My NAT turns red and all the players I match with have "Red" ping ratings... And yet I can consistently find games in almost all game-modes and suffer almost no connection issues during matches.

To me, this is evidence enough that I'd be better off without the region lock.

Mia.Nora
04-11-2018, 01:47 AM
Fellow Oceania player here from NZ. Before dedicated servers only way to circumvent the dreadful 512 error was to VPN. Thanks to Fibre connection I did not even get a red ping in US servers just yellow. This was proof enough that my connection could handle a region select option.

Now we have dedicated servers, but still lacking the most basic function like choosing which server to connect to so I still have to VPN to West Coast or Canada to be able to play at all.

One positive thing I got out of For Honor experience is that, now I know I will never ever buy another online title from Ubisoft, since I could see myself getting tricked into buying Skulls&Bones otherwise.

ChampionRuby50g
04-11-2018, 02:36 AM
Iím still stuck with ADSL 2+, and my speeds have gotten worse recently but according to the NBN rollout map, my area should be getting fibre in the next two months. Like Haplo said, Iím over playing the same people again and itís one of the reasons why I also donít play anymore until Season 6 at least. Once my internet improves, I could get around the region lock been removed, but it should be optional.