PDA

View Full Version : Option to change look between tiers.

sand_nigg3r
10-01-2017, 05:45 PM
I was fortunate to scavenge a full starred weapon appearance for Highlander from end of match loot while still in the process of levelling. I really love the model and want to use the appearance change function to place it onto my 180 gear. The piece in question is only gold gear, am I really expected to farm out the entire appearance in the highest tier possible every time new gear level is added to continue using it?

Halvtand
10-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Sadly, yes.

The question has been brought up before, but as the system still works the same...
I would love to go back to a look my Conq had back in the blue era, he looked awesome, but back then gear stats really mattered a lot so I had to abandon him.

Tundra 793
10-01-2017, 06:36 PM
Halvtand's correct.

The good thing is that they only add new gear and tiers with each new season, leaving you plenty of time to get your preferred characters to Rep 7 and above. Once a new tier is added, so long as you've gotten a character to Rep 7 or more, you'll start getting the new gear right away.
And of course all previous gear from the lower tiers continue to drop at all Rep levels.

sand_nigg3r
10-01-2017, 06:40 PM
If they're adamant about not changing this then a solution would be to allow lower tier pieces to be upgraded to the next tier but ONLY after you reach the rep required to obtain that tier naturally. For example, allow a fully upgraded purple piece of gear to have a final upgrade which turns it into the gild version of itself but only available at rep 5 or above and so on. Would make it very expensive to bring a piece up for cosmetic purposes only for those who wanted to but would eliminate the rng of attempting to acquire the same piece in a different colour.

I don't really believe it's reasonable if I want only one specific skin, and I've theoretically opened 100+ loot crates to get that skin in current tier. To then be expected to spent the same amount of steel (either through purchase or grind) to get the exact same model I was using previously just with slightly higher numbers.

sand_nigg3r
10-01-2017, 06:47 PM
My issue is that this logic only applies to weapon/armour models. Imagine if you bought an effect and then when the new tier of gear releases they release the exact same effect but you are forced to unlock it again to be able to use it with the new gear.

When new content arrives I should be looking forward to acquiring all the new stuff, not going "great now I have to go get all the stuff that I already have all over again because the game decided to effectively take it off me".

UbiInsulin
10-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Thanks for your feedback, guys. I can definitely see where you're coming from and will pass this thread along.

mrmistark
10-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Personally I think gear should only drop in its appearance, not rarity. What I mean is get a star weapon ect. Drop of such high tier looking items should work the same. But I think all gear should drop with standard set gear focus like they already do: a primary, a secondary, and a negative slot or even across the board. They should also (in my opinion) add a single high value stat with 2 moderate negative stats in other areas, but that's just my opinion, not needed really. Anyways, back in track. From this base stat, you should be able to drop some steel and salvage to upgrade it to the next tier weapon. Just my opinion. That way you could have same stats and sick look but keep upgrading them.

Wow this is all over the place....let me simplify this. Use steel and salvage to be able to bump same weapon with same first and secondary stat (or even across board) to the next tier with same focus stats and look.

UbiNoty
10-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Personally I think gear should only drop in its appearance, not rarity. What I mean is get a star weapon ect. Drop of such high tier looking items should work the same. But I think all gear should drop with standard set gear focus like they already do: a primary, a secondary, and a negative slot or even across the board. They should also (in my opinion) add a single high value stat with 2 moderate negative stats in other areas, but that's just my opinion, not needed really. Anyways, back in track. From this base stat, you should be able to drop some steel and salvage to upgrade it to the next tier weapon. Just my opinion. That way you could have same stats and sick look but keep upgrading them.

Wow this is all over the place....let me simplify this. Use steel and salvage to be able to bump same weapon with same first and secondary stat (or even across board) to the next tier with same focus stats and look.

I think this is a really super idea and I definitely want to bring it up to the team. If we could have something similar to this it would probably require another big gear revamp, but it would definitely be a good way to use up all that salvage.

mrmistark
10-02-2017, 04:35 AM
I think this is a really super idea and I definitely want to bring it up to the team. If we could have something similar to this it would probably require another big gear revamp, but it would definitely be a good way to use up all that salvage.

Thanks!

Aarpian
10-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Thanks for your feedback, guys. I can definitely see where you're coming from and will pass this thread along.

Can you pass along how terrible gear stats are as a mechanic in the first place?

I know the business suits won't like to hear it but **** those guys.