PDA

View Full Version : More report options

sand_nigg3r
10-01-2017, 12:05 AM
We have an option to report people for cheating, griefing, and having offensive emblems. Any chance we could see a Uplay feature to report players for offensive usernames? Been seeing a lot of users with Autist__ xxx lately for example, which obviously bypasses your naming guidelines.

InebriatedPalm
10-01-2017, 12:11 AM
Autist? like for autistic?

not that you don't have a right to be upset at certain things but unless their gamer tag is "Jew-hater666" or something along those lines i don't think there'd be a reason to report a username that might upset one person.

And even then, what if they paid to change their gamer tag to that? I feel like there's particular guide lines for this kind of thing and if it was really that offensive microsoft would have closed his account by now?

i'm not saying it's right or anything like that but these are just the things that come to mind when people talk about reporting.

sand_nigg3r
10-01-2017, 12:45 AM
This is intentionally done to discriminate against Autistic people and as someone with both a sibling and a nephew who suffers from the condition I find it highly offensive. It should be treated in the same regard as the N word or other deregotary terms.

Tundra 793
10-01-2017, 01:19 AM
I think gamertags/usernames in game have to be reported through whoever provides the online service, e.g. Xbox Live, PSN. Not Ubisoft.

With that in mind, I'm not sure Ubisoft legally can add an option to report usernames, and if they could it'd probably be limited to players who use Uplay.

sand_nigg3r
10-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Yeah the point of this topic was to bring attention to the fact that even if a player did use a name like Jew_killer whatever there exists no option to report it at all via Uplay which I find strange, or I'm blind. If such a feature exists please direct me to it and close this topic. Seems a massive oversight if you're forced to directly contact support to be able to do this.

UbiJurassic
10-01-2017, 01:26 AM
This is intentionally done to discriminate against Autistic people and as someone with both a sibling and a nephew who suffers from the condition I find it highly offensive. It should be treated in the same regard as the N word or other deregotary terms.

Unfortunately, adding a report option in-game would have a very limited effect, If this is something you're finding on console, you'd have to contact Xbox or Playstation support to report them. If it's through Steam, that is something you will need to report to Steam Support. Uplay is the only platform we can actively assist with. If you know they are Uplay players, you can certainly report them here (https://support.ubi.com/)and we will look into it.

Halvtand
10-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Unfortunately, adding a report option in-game would have a very limited effect, If this is something you're finding on console, you'd have to contact Xbox or Playstation support to report them. If it's through Steam, that is something you will need to report to Steam Support. Uplay is the only platform we can actively assist with. If you know they are Uplay players, you can certainly report them here (https://support.ubi.com/)and we will look into it.

One option that would be great to report "on the fly" though is if a player has an offensive emblem stuck to the character itself and not the emblem for the gaming account. I have encountered more than a few people with swastikas on their backs, and getting a good screenshot of an enemy player with their back visible and somehow their name in the shot as well can be practically impossible.

InebriatedPalm
10-01-2017, 10:34 AM
One option that would be great to report "on the fly" though is if a player has an offensive emblem stuck to the character itself and not the emblem for the gaming account. I have encountered more than a few people with swastikas on their backs, and getting a good screenshot of an enemy player with their back visible and somehow their name in the shot as well can be practically impossible.

At that point it might just be easier to record the game and trim it to the point where the said emblem is most exposed.

Halvtand
10-01-2017, 10:48 AM
At that point it might just be easier to record the game and trim it to the point where the said emblem is most exposed.

I will not argue that what you have described is indeed the best option for this kind of situation.
However, as a player that doesn't use recording software (I'm not one of them streemer kids on the youtubes :P) and one that has not figured out how to use the recording button on my ProbablySweaty 4 it is sadly not an option for me and I'm stuck with trying to press the Prt Scr-button at the right time instead.
Being an old school gamer is hard.