PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else unable to punish a Nobushi or Kensei after parrying them?

Mighty_Mackerel
09-30-2017, 03:59 AM
This happens a lot with the Nobushi and every now and then with the Kensei. I'd parry them, but can't hit them because my light attack won't reach. A guard break won't work because it won't reach either and I can't use a heavy attack because they recover by then. (I play the Warden by the way, maybe that has something to do with it)

SwellChemosabe
09-30-2017, 06:23 AM
With characters like Nobushi and Kensei you gotta understand that you can parry them but still be too far away to actually hit them. different heroes have different ranges, and most often the ones with the longest weapons are the ones you have to be careful about. unless you're really, and i mean really, up in their face and parry them then, you're not going to hit anything.

Side heavy for warden will usually connect after a parry. Top heavy can almost always be blocked provided the hero in question doesn't stagger at all. if you absolutely can't hit them after guard breaking them with any heavy (which you should be able to) then just use your light attacks into shoulder bash.

Mighty_Mackerel
09-30-2017, 11:07 AM
That's what I thought... ugh, that is irritating. Alright, no parrying for the Nobushi and Kensei then.