PDA

View Full Version : Is mouse and keyboard competitive?

thanhmyca
09-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Im just curious, do you guys feel that mouse and keyboard players will be able to compete vs controllers? I felt like i had reasonable success with m+kb. But i'd like to know what you guys think of this.

Xinlyfenne
09-29-2017, 11:07 PM
Yes

UbiNoty
09-29-2017, 11:19 PM
I think it depends on your comfort and preference. Controllers are definitely easier to take to in the beginning and may be more intuitive for beginners, but if you can get a handle on M+KB I don't feel that there's any noticeable disadvantage.

RiceComboA
09-30-2017, 12:22 AM
I don't like having to release the guard stick to GB or dodge on a controller.

Keyboard and a mouse with thumb buttons programmed to GB and "C" will give you an advantage.

SwellChemosabe
09-30-2017, 08:47 AM
All the buttons you need can be at the very edge of your fingertips on one hand without having to risk a momentary absence of your guard stance management because that's done on the opposite hand with the mouse. I also imagine it's a lot less effort considering you don't even have to move your hands or fingers that far apart to perform any action necessary in any given fight scenario.

on console, it's all under the jurisdiction of the same thumb, so if you want to CGB, you have to give up your guard stance management momentarily which leaves you vulnerable. same goes with dodging and feinting.

so i'm not entirely sure about more competitive but i can definitely see it being a little more challenging to face off against your opponents but also a much easier to control your hero.